Author Topic: Dirty Girl? / Normal?  (Read 7227 times)

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Dirty Girl? / Normal?
« on: January 03, 2007, 10:59:06 am »
Okay I have a question for all you BPO out there:

You see Libby is my first BP and she came to us as an adult already. She see's nothing wrong with walking/running through her own/anyones poop  >:(  I have had other smaller med paws all my life that would chew off their own legs if they even stepped in it is this normal? Her and Hoover have a fully fenced backyard with tons of space and it is clean, she can 'go' and then within seconds step right in it  :o
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Anakalia

Re: Dirty Girl? / Normal?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 11:05:18 am »
UGH!!  Koby does the same thing!  I don't know if it's a BP thing or what, but there's been several times I haven't noticed it quick enough and we've had poop pawprints all over our cream carpet.  OH and it STINKS! lol  I try to pick up the poo asap, but sometimes he steps in it right after he goes!  >:(  We've gotten to the point where we check his paws before he comes in and have a towel ready just in case. 

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 11:21:17 am »
eweeeeeeeeeee i'm so glad my dogs don't do that!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 11:37:22 am »
Moose is so careful , even if he's peeing on a hill he'd hop on three legs to make sure the pee didn't run torwards his paws ! But Allie , ack , that girl steps in EVERYTHING , her's ... Moose's .... doesn't matter . She's a dirty girl !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 11:44:01 am »
eweeeeeeeeeee i'm so glad my dogs don't do that!

;) NOW don't you go pointing fingers at all our dirty girls and boys  ;) (ssshh she whispers 'look it's the dirty ones') hahahaha just kidding ~ glad I don't have the ONLY DIRTY GIRL  :o
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 11:47:06 am »
lmao shhhhhhhhhhhhh h i didn't say that!  thinking isn't saying! ha ha just picking!  yours might do that, but mine stink up the house with their farts!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 02:29:02 pm »
Zoey doesn't look where she is walking, so yeah, she steps in poop sometimes too  ::)
RIP former BPO

Krista I

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 02:37:08 pm »
lol.. My friend bought her dog some little doggie boots lol and she don't have any problems with anything her doggie steps in lol.. just an idea for ya! :)

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 10:04:05 pm »
lol.. My friend bought her dog some little doggie boots lol and she don't have any problems with anything her doggie steps in lol.. just an idea for ya! :)

That's an awesome idea if I could only find booties to fit her big feet, I have had an awful time trying to find her a coat(not that she needs one ~ esp this winter no snow  :()

Offline fullsizetrucks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 10:18:09 pm »
I love being able to talk to you guys....we keep towels at the back door at all times because Dodge barrels thru the poop, and ALWAYS pees on his front leg.  I have never seen this boy go to the bathroom and miss his leg.  I am suprised that it isn't stained yellow!  We have a large back yard, and you would think that they would go and poop off the beaten path, but no...right in the middle, or toward the porch if they don't want to be out long.  I considered scooping, but that could be an all day job, so I mow instead.  We think that the running thru the poop thing is due to the fact that he refuses to watch where he is going.  He looks ahead to what he is chasing, but could care less where his feet go!
Big dogs make a house a home.
Be nice, you are God to your Dog.

Heidi
Harassed mother of one 2 legged kid, and three 4 legged spoiled brats!

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 10:24:51 pm »
Okay now I'm a turd, just let the kids in and what did I smell.... poop.... checked miss Libby because of course it's her ~ nothing..... darn that Hoover had a big plop of poop stuck between his pads ~ dang him ~ made me gag

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 10:44:53 pm »
Man, glad to know I'm not the only one! Bella is the same way and it drive's me crazy.  :o My Cattle Dog was neurotic about being clean, and she was careful. I loved it. Bella, on the other hand, she'll take a dump, and then turn around and step in on the way in the house!!! Urghhhh!!! Well, maybe it is a BP thing!  ::)
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 11:12:37 pm »
I have never seen this boy go to the bathroom and miss his leg.  I am suprised that it isn't stained yellow! 

unfortunately, axle's IS stained yellow from peeing on himself!  we've resorted to making a paste to get him white again!  this is the tip we use to get our dogs white again, and it does work very well!

Use a good quality pet shampoo working it into the coat well with your fingers, rinse, and repeat.  When rinsing, be sure that all the soap is removed from the coat and the water runs clear.  If staining at the elbows and hocks is not removed by the shampoo, make a paste out of white vinegar, lemon juice, and cornstarch.  Apply to the stained area, wait ten minutes and rinse.  Now apply a small amount of the cream rinse and again rinse well. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 11:15:41 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline fullsizetrucks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 11:56:27 pm »
Thanks for the advice...I will definatly use it!  It is so funny how we love our dogs so much, but there are tons of things that they do that just gross us out!!!
Big dogs make a house a home.
Be nice, you are God to your Dog.

Heidi
Harassed mother of one 2 legged kid, and three 4 legged spoiled brats!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 12:47:59 am »
soooooooo true, scout amazed me today, apparently she drunk too much water, started to puke a little, and somehow managed to catch all but a little before it hit the ground.  it was so nasty!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)