Author Topic: my horrible week is complete...  (Read 5972 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: my horrible week is complete...
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 10:28:36 pm »
I'm so sorry that you are having such a rotten week.  Glad to hear that Aiden is fine though. I hopt things get better for you.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 10:54:49 pm »
I'm very sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult week.  It is so awful when we have tried everything we can and still have to give away one of our buddies.  There is absolutely no question that you have tried everything possible and you are doing the right thing for your family.

It sounds like there are quite a few possible adoptors; you will be able to feel which one is the best new home.  I agree that you should go with a family with no children, even if they are older because no matter what we tell our children sometimes they just don't listen and you don't want to hear that scout has bitten someone.

As far as Diesels weight problem - maybe he is feeling some stress now?  As long as he is healthy I would just watch him.

I hope this makes some sense I had gone to bed but couldn't sleep so decided to hit the computer - I may be half asleep.

Randy & Harley (who is definately sleeping!)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 11:14:36 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear that it hasn't worked out with Scout. :-[ I can surely understand why you wouldn't want her living with you anymore.

As for the people interested in her, I'd ask for veterinary references... and you might even want to get applications from people. It's not "easy" to place a Dane in a good home just because there are people who "want" a Great Dane. (I used to answer emails for a Dane rescue group, just so you know where I am coming from). There is a rescue group here in Athens with Dane experience if you get too frustrated with trying to find a home for Scout yourself. How many homes has she been through?? The next one should be her last, so it will be worth whatever it takes to get her matched up with the right people.

Best of luck... hehe looks like you got pretty lucky with thta lottery thing ;) and I hope your other dog is feeling better!!!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 09:30:57 am »
i am scout's 7th home already.  when i got up this morning i've officially gotten 34 e-mails from people wanting her.  it is VERY frustrating!  i've been told by two rescue groups that they'll take her and adopt her out but the one i really don't like, esp since i know that she contacts a lot of ppl wanting their fully vetted dogs and adopts them out the next day for $250.  if i could find a good one that would take her, i'd be all for it!  as far as diesel being stressed, he was doing a lot better with his weight before scout came.  i'm not sure if it's because she always tries to steal his food and he's gotten really paranoid about it or if it's just because he's ALWAYS running around our yard now.  i guess there's really no way to tell which one it is.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 03:19:07 pm »
Steffanie I just sent you a PM, and I may have sent it three times, so if I did, please forgive me! I kept getting that stinkin error message! ???

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 06:00:40 pm »
I'm sorry about your terrible week. Maybe things will start looking up for you. Winning the lotto has to be a good start. Hope you find the perfect home for Scout.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 06:28:17 pm »
Steffanie I just sent you a PM, and I may have sent it three times, so if I did, please forgive me! I kept getting that stinkin error message! ???

no pm message, sorry :( schelmischekit ty at hotmail dot com.  good news, i've gone through over 37 e-mails and have found a family who's kids are about my age, their youngest is 20.  they're in their 40's and have two big paws (a mastiff and a dane mix i think they said) and they will be driving about 75 miles to pick her up tomorrow at lunch time.  they own their own home, and all.  very nice people with great references also!  i sure hope they like her!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 06:33:55 pm »
I am so happy that you found a great home for her.  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge