Author Topic: my hubby's attempts to... *too funny with pics*  (Read 4510 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
my hubby's attempts to... *too funny with pics*
« on: February 24, 2007, 06:03:34 pm »
my hubby's attempts to be a "better husband" are making me laugh so hard.  he asked what i consider a great hubby, and i told him, "the sweet kind of guy who does things unexpected like bring home unexpected puppys, or flowers or something"...  well.  he took me literal, and we had been talking about my mom's two chihuahua's coming to visit for a month (she's going to south america b/c she's been activated for the army) which went through b/c she doesn't have the time to meet us to drop them off.  i was a little upset b/c i love them SO much, and was so excited to have visitors who would actually fit IN my lap, not ON my lap, not to mention it's been overly quite since scout left  :'( so, today, hubby comes home with an "unexpected gift" with four legs who breaths.  he got me a little bitty apple head chihuahua puppy.  he's so cute!  hubby said his name is "chewy" b/c my dogs look at him like he IS a chewy!  very unexpected, very much a surprise, and a big shock!  i had to share pics.  now for the problem.  so far my big fur kids haven't shown any aggression towards him, but chewy is very very hateful towards them.  he's 3 months old, and i know it's just him getting used to them not to mention the pure shock of their size compared to his, but i'd like to try to correct it before my dogs get tired of him being attached to their top lips.  any advice?
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: my hubby's attempts to... *too funny with pics*
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 06:11:19 pm »
ITS THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS, RIGHT?!?! hahahahah
i guess hes kinda cute... Ok, hes pretty cute... And the name CHEWY very cute hahahah. I dont know what to really say about him being a nut towards the big guys... keep him on a short leash and a correction everytime hes crazy?! lol i dont really know. OR send him here, zero will whip him into shape rofl
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 06:32:19 pm »
You need Liz for this one!! Just check out the February contest and you will find that it definately can work :D

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 07:18:09 pm »
Awww, congrats on the new little furbaby! 

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 08:32:23 pm »
awwww Steffanie.... congratulation s! Chewy is stinkin' adorable!
p.s. your husband is definitely a keeper!  :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 08:42:22 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 08:35:01 pm »
That's a sweet surprise that you got there.  Chewy is a cutie.  I am no help on this one.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 09:53:00 pm »
chihuahuas are usually like that....they tend to be the bosses of the hacienda...lol
My new GSD! He doesn't have a name yet... :/

Onyx: Black German Shepherd - her myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/onyxroxdablox

Sparky: Black and White Shih-Tzu (he likes to play with the big doggies!) his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sparkyboyrox

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 09:58:07 pm »
First he is pretty cute. And I am not sure, correct him when he does bad. I found that the NILIF training is amazing. That is what we are using with Remi and it is working wonders. But I don't own any little paws so I am not sure what works best with them.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 10:21:31 pm »
Sorry steff, but i have laughed and told your story to everyone. HAHAHA all my friends and family think "WHAT IS SHE GOING TO DO WITH A SMALL THING LIKE THAT" hahaha and still, all that i can think of is... AS IF U  HAVE A LITTLE WEE CHI CHI!!!!

jodi
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 09:39:00 am »
i'm so proud of little man!  he has gone all afternoon yesterday, all night, AND this morning without a SINGLE accident in the house!  my big boys needed to go out more often than he did last night (they went out twice, he went out once between 10 and 10 this morning!).  we found that blowing in his face helps make him stop "snarling" at everybody else, too.  he doesn't appreciate it, and always gives me this "oh, COME ON" look when i do it ha ha.  the others are doing great with him and have learned to just ignore his desperate attempts to look big and bad.  diesel can even ignore it good enough to come over and get some loving and get "chewed" on the whole time!  chewy even loves kids (weird!) and will let aiden carry him around, though we do watch him very closely to make sure he doesn't hurt him.  last night he was SO cute though, he snuggled ALL night, and when he would wake up he'd give me sugars galore!  he's awesome!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 12:50:53 pm »
thanks for the advice!  my dogs were raised around any and everything i could expose them to (and axle was raised with chihuahua's), so they just think that the little guy is a little bit "off" in his head ha ha.  they just look at him and either walk off or ignore him and just keep getting attention!  so far we've only had a few top lips latched onto, but nobody has gone towards correcting him (as far as the dogs go).  thanks for the advice about him seeing the blowing in his face as a threat!  i'm not sure the squirt bottle will work, because he's almost always on my lap sleeping (since right now he's not even ankle height on diesel and axle and they haven't learned to watch where they're stepping that's where he usually prefers) and i'd be squirting myself with it every time anyone furry comes around too ha ha.  are there any other methods that you think would work?  i think a shaker can would scare the snot our of him  so i'm not sure what else i can do ???.   so far he LOVES my kids, and plays with the both of them better than any of the other dogs, we are watching them very closely though for his safety.  we bought a crate last night b/c we thought we'd have to crate train him at night, but he does great if he's sleeping with us, so unless we have a problem we'll continue that.  when we can't watch him, or when we're cleaning we do put him in the bathroom with his crate open though.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 01:08:54 pm »
thanks!  i think i'll try the clap, because my dogs all run and hide if i yell or even talk too loud (even if it's just if i stump my toe, the little momma's dogs are so weird) and they're pretty calm about clapping usually.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 01:19:21 pm »
oh!  duh!  blonde moment!  we did the ah ah ah with him last night, he just ignored me and kept making a scene.  he's funny, he bows his chest up real big first, then goes after them ha ha.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Icerotti

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 01:41:24 pm »
OH what a cutie.....my daughter loves his little sweater. He looks like a little sweetie. Can't wait to hear more about him and see more pictures.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 02:26:25 pm »
Welcome Chewie!!

What a cute little guy!!   Good luck with your new addition!!

Randy & Harley