Author Topic: Female Great Dane in need!  (Read 3798 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Female Great Dane in need!
« on: February 28, 2007, 04:33:52 pm »
A friend from another forum just recently rescued a female Great Dane and let me cross-post here.

We recently rescued a female great dane from a private home where she wasn't being fed properly and she had been kept as a breeder. They kept breeding her to her dad and some of the puppies were deformed and died at birth or shortly after.
As it turns out, this is Skylar's mom. The lady we got Skylar from gave her to her ex husband and he wasn't caring for her properly. I know that dogs lose weight when they have puppies, but she only weighed 96.6 lbs., when her normal weight is 135-150 lbs.
We just can't keep her even though we would love to if we could.

She is still a little bit underweight but she is definitely looking a lot better than she did when we first got her 8 days ago.

Her name is Belle. She is AKC registered. She is UTD on her shots. She is also housebroken and very friendly. She gets along well with other dogs once she gets to know them.

Here is the only pictures I have of her right now. They were taken with my cell phone the day we got her, though you can't really tell how skinny she was.

Please e-mail me at molucass20 @ aol . com , I don't have a computer at home, but I will check my e-mail every few days.

We are located in Walterboro, South Carolina and would prefer someone locally or at least in South Carolina.

"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Female Great Dane in need!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 05:04:15 pm »
Notice the little heart shape on her mouth? She needs to go home with someone here!

"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 07:13:49 pm »
Ooooohhhh she is sooooo pretty. I hope she finds her way to a GREAT home where she will be treated like a princess. :)

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 10:19:41 am »
Any information on how she is with cats?

I'm in NC...

Offline MyDaneDuke

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 10:36:16 am »
I hope you are able to find a good home for her!

chaosndestruction

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 03:35:30 pm »
Megan darn it! Stop showing me cute danes in need!!! Especially beautiful harles!!! I would sooo take her if I could!

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 02:15:52 pm »
what a precious sweetie, she deserves a good forever home.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown