Author Topic: Bad Dog day  (Read 2648 times)

Offline lulu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Bad Dog day
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:40:10 am »
 Sorry, but I just need to vent a bit. my dogs are driving me mad lately! i walked into the kitchen and saw that they were chewing on some paper. and then i realized that it was the wallpaper they had chewed off the wall!!! i have my suspicions about who the instigator was *ahem Sophie*. it seems like all they have been doing lately is tearing things up. and hubby has about had it. and so have i! i thought confining them in the kitchen was a good idea bcos i didnt think there was anything they could tear up, i never even dreamed that they would go after the wallpaper!  i love love love all my puppers but sometimes...i daydream about what a dogless life would be like -- nothing torn up, no holes covering the yard, no dog hair...
Leah

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Bad Dog day
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 09:54:59 am »
if it makes you laugh any, last night diesel got in my trash and got TWO poopy diapers out and threw them in the air like a ball and got poop ALL over the place.  floors, fridge, cabinet doors, counter top, them, etc.  eweeeeeeee.  dogs can be so frustrating sometimes.  maybe yours are just telling you it's time to redecorate ;)
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 09:56:38 am »
Do they have plenty of dog-friendly toys to play with and chew on? If they have toys and treats of their own, they are less likely to chew on your things. One thing that I highly recommend if you haven't already tried it is a stuffed kong. You can experiment with different stuffings, and your dogs can spend all day licking off peanut butter instead of wallpaper  ;)
RIP former BPO

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 10:02:46 am »
I'm sorry you had a bad dog day!  I have those days A LOT and I only have 1 dog!  He can make big messes though!  When Koby was in his terrible puppy phase I did have thoughts of what it would be like with no dogs, fur, slobber, destruction and I'd quickly snap out of it.  If I didn't have Koby I wouldn't get the daily giggles from him doing something clumsy or his cuddle times and unconditional love.  Try to stay positive, and I agree with Heather, stuffed Kongs with frozen fillings work wonders!  :)

Offline lulu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 10:10:11 am »
 thanks guys! i do really love my pups and would never REALLY want to be dogless, but ya know, there are days that it sounds nice, lol. my dogs always have tons of bones and stuff to chew on, thats one of the reasons i get so frustrated when they chew something they arent supposed to! the weather here has been not so great lately, so i think maybe they are just bored and are probably feeling cramped up in the house. so...i definitely think that some nice looooong walks are must.

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 12:52:03 pm »
What I do with Jesse, my biggest destructo-dog, when the weather is bad and he can't go out and play as much as he would like, is give him an empty cardboard box to destroy. I actually save them up in the spare room for just those occasions, and believe it or not, even if I set a box down in the middle of the floor, he won't touch it unless I specifically ask him if he wants the box.  Then its all over the place, but he gets to do all his ripping and tearing, and chewing paper, and all that fun stuff, without ruining anything useful.

Weedsport, NY

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:18:05 am »
That cardboard box is brilliant.  I am definitely going to try that.

It's that time of year.  Too cold to go out to play.  And now that warmer weather is coming, it's also the mud season.  Which I dread.  Between Jack and the soccer player my carpets are a mess.

When I can tell Jack is about to break thru the walls from cabin fever, I bring out the laser pointer.  That moron will chase that thing for hours, if I let him.  It wears him out good and seems to stimulate what little brain power he has.

Hey Harley loves the laser pointer also - and we also have total mud as our snow is melting - Harley can't even go out in the back yard it is like a marsh so he only gets the front yard  :P

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 08:34:32 am »
Bo was a super destructive girl when she was younger-one night she ate five pairs of shoes while I slept!!  Along with the shoe laces out of my husband's shoes, she ate the couch, the recliner and the corner of the coffee table.  Floyd ate just about anything he could get his teeth on when we first brought him home.  Bo is now too old (in her mind) to mess with foolish things like shoes and spends her days looking for things to bark at.  Floyd has limited himself to pulling pots & pans from the stove and pushing them around the house while he tries to eat the leftovers!!  I like the box idea and we've done something similar with Floyd by giving him empty toilet paper rolls & empty wrapping paper rolls.  He LOVES those!! =)
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi