Author Topic: submissive peeing?!  (Read 1971 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
submissive peeing?!
« on: April 25, 2007, 10:06:00 am »
peanut (chihuahua puppy) has always been super duper submissive towards all people, and decently submissive to dogs.  lately, though, he's started peeing whenever it's time to go potty / outside.  it's really annoying b/c he never does it when it's time to go to bed, etc, it's JUST when it's time to go potty.  he also flips over on his back every time someone approaches him, but it seems to be getting more frequent now that he pees on himself.  it doesn't matter if it's been 5 minutes or 5 hours since he's been outside, he does it every time!  he just looks at you, flips over and covers himself from head to toe in pee.  we don't make a big deal out of going outside, we don't even have any word that we say every time.  he just knows.  any help would be appreciated, i'd really like this to stop!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:06:19 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Anakalia

Re: submissive peeing?!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 10:28:32 am »
I had a pee-er too.  We had Ramsey, our little Maltese and he'd pee whenever someone came over or whenever someone tried approaching him, it got to the point if we even looked at him he'd pee!  Sadly, nothing we did break him of it.  We had people ignore him, we tried ignoring him, not making a big deal of his peefests but we couldn't get him to stop doing it.  Thank goodness he was tiny and it was always small puddles so it was easy clean up, although very annoying and frustrating.  Hopefully someone else has better suggestions, but nothing ever worked in our situation.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:29:08 am by Anakalia »

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 11:44:33 am »
that's like with peanut.  it's not a big mess, but it's annoying having to bath him / wipe him down constantly b/c he does it several times a day.  usually we potty every 2 or so hours, and he does it EVERY time.  like i said though, any other time we approach him he's fine and just rolls over ???  (btw, how come the smileys are messed up?)
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 12:02:55 pm »
(btw, how come the smileys are messed up?)

I've been wondering the same thing, but I just thought it was my puter!  Also if I want to delete a word or sentence, I can't click and drag to highlight an area....wierd.

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 01:57:06 pm »
Yep same thing here with the smileys and clciking and dragging.  I keep getting the error on page thing on the bottom left corner of every page too.  I think that we need to let Michael know. 

AJ is a submissive pee-er too, to a certain extent.  He used to be really bad about it and if he got excited or you scolded him and then walked back into the room like 5 or 10 mins. later he would flop over and pee.  He also did the whole flopping over and peeing thing if you were putting his leash on.

I cant really tell you what changed to make him slow down on doing it(he still will but very rarely) but we installed a doggy door in our apartment, started going to the dog park all the time and we got Morph, and he got older.  I know that this isnt any help for your situation but I just wanted you to know that it can get better.  For us we think that the doggy door and him getting older were the most contributing factors.  I hope that he the gets over it soon cause I know that it is no fun at all.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 02:00:01 pm by morph's mom »
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 02:43:01 pm »
i sure hope this is just a phase then!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)