Author Topic: Pink Eye?  (Read 2695 times)

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
Pink Eye?
« on: May 22, 2007, 06:05:44 am »
Bear has a very weepy red right eye, it is oozing yellow goop that crusts similar to human pink eye. ?I can't get her to the vet til Friday....any thing I can do til then? Do dogs get pink eye?!

Offline mtaig12

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Pink Eye?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 06:10:42 am »
Star had an eye infection a while back. It was weepy and occasionally crusty. The vet gave her some eyedrops, which happen to be the exact same thing as the pediatrician gave my kids for pink eye! Star's infection cleared up pretty quickly. And the next time my kids got pink eye, I used Star's drops on them too! And myself (since I always get pink eye when my kids do) as well! Don't tell my pediatrician!  ;)

Tracy
Tracy and Mike - parents
Alex and Ian - kids
Max and Star - canines
Oscar and Emily - felines
Nibbles - hamster
North Carolina

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 06:30:03 am »
Were they gentamycin drops? I happen to have some for a recent eye infection, maybe i'll give them a try...if she'll let me near that eye!

Offline mtaig12

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 08:29:42 am »
Yep, that's what the vet/pediatrician has given us in the past. The drops do sting a bit, but Star put up with it 'cause I think her eye itched like crazy. I'm not a doctor, but if I were you, I'd try the drops you have and keep your appointment with the vet for Friday to make sure the infection is gone or in case it's something else.

Good luck!
Tracy
Tracy and Mike - parents
Alex and Ian - kids
Max and Star - canines
Oscar and Emily - felines
Nibbles - hamster
North Carolina

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:37:43 am »
Bear did not like drops but tolerated them for a treat lol, I will take her to vet still, thanks for the good advice!
Mandy

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 04:08:57 pm »
Depending on the cause, sometimes just frequent eye washing can take care of it as well.  :)  Good luck. 
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.