Author Topic: NDR - Pregnancy Update and Nursery Pics  (Read 2733 times)

k2campbell

NDR - Pregnancy Update and Nursery Pics
« on: June 01, 2007, 05:22:01 am »
I'm 37 weeks pregnant today! Yesterday we had an ultrasound and baby is doing just marvelous, we couldn't be happier! ;D I was told to be ready "anytime now", so I am, although trying not to get my hopes up too high that delivery will be early... ;D He/she is very healthy and BIG! Estimated weight as of now is 7.5 - 8.5 lbs. I'm guessing 2/3's of that weight is head (ha ha), as Eric has a huge melon and it was confirmed that baby's head is "a very fair size indeed" ha ha... :D My outlook on that one is that once the head is out, the rest is easy (or so I've been told anyhow)!!! ;D :D ;)

Also attached some pics of our completed nursery, all it needs is baby! We love the way it turned out and can't wait to use it with our little one ;D You guessed it, we went with an animal theme (as if there was any other choice)...ha ha  :D And yes, that's Kate's bed on the floor in the nursery, she "claimed" her spot the first day we started decorating, she's slept there ever since!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 05:22:50 am by k2campbell »

Icerotti

Re: NDR - Pregnancy Update and Nursery Pics
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 05:38:26 am »
Your nursery is stunning  :o Wow  it is very nice. Great job....you are soooo ready for this baby...lol
I love that Kate has made herself right at home in the nursery....wha t a girl.

k2campbell

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 06:24:51 am »
Thanks for the well-wishes with labor and comments on the nursery ladies! Glad you like it!  ;D We were very lucky we started looking early and ended up finding barely-used nursery furniture pieces here & there, and all for great prices ;)

And Julie, your comment about it being "so organized" while this is true for now, I'm sure once our little one makes his/her grand entrance, things will change  ;) :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 06:25:30 am by k2campbell »

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 06:38:20 am »
Oh Kelly the babys room is wonderful ~ warm and very cozy, happy to see Kate's bed in there she is going to be the best big 'sister' ever, so many of my friends were like eeewww YOU are NOT going to let the animals near the baby are you??  >:(  You are more than ready now all you need is a quick, easy delivery and a healthy baby and you'll be all set. Wishing you all the best

I love, love, love the green
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 07:08:07 am »
It's gorgeous!! I LOVE the pics above the crib!! I always wanted a nursery and have never gotten to have one. :'( I know all about the perfect organizing until the baby gets here too, lol.

I'm glad the baby is doing so well in there! Many easy labor vibes from me too! Yeah, that hardest part is just getting that head out, the rest takes care of itself pretty much. ;) I'm sure you'll be cursing your husbands head lol. Can't wait to hear updates!

Oh and how could I forget Kate's bed in there, that's the sweetest thing ever. No better room in the house for her to be!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 07:09:25 am by mama2many »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 08:24:51 am »
Kelly?? that green is gorgeous.  what names do you have picked out?  How exciting!!!!!!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 08:43:28 am »
Kelly, your nursery is beautiful!  So soft, warm and inviting looking for a little one.  He or she is going to love looking at all of the lovely animals.  Awww, I just love Kate!!!  She is going to be the very best friend & protector a baby could ever have.   ;D   :-*

P.S.  Don't worry too much about the size of head thing....  My hubby has a fair sized head, too  ;) and the kids' heads were all the usual size at delivery and then did a lot of growing after they were born (thank goodness!).
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 11:07:55 pm »
Oh Kelly - the nursery is beautiful! I too am hoping you have a quick and easy delivery! Cant wait for lots of baby pics!

p.s. I too love that scene in So I Married An Ax Murdeer... I love the line..... "Move that head a' yers and get the paper if ya can - haulin that gargantuan cranium about"  ;D

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 03:18:31 am »
Kelly, the nursery is gorgeous.  You can never go wrong with animal themed anything.  Wishing you a speedy delivery and a strong epidural if you are going that route.   ;)
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 03:55:54 am »
Kelly, your nursery looks like it came out of the pages of a decorating magazine.  It's beautiful!!  What a peaceful place for you and baby to spend many happy hours with Kate to watch over all.  Congratulation s, and Happy Pushing!!!
Salli, Annie's mama!