Author Topic: My heart is broken for 9 newfies!  (Read 3594 times)

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
My heart is broken for 9 newfies!
« on: June 06, 2007, 02:19:22 pm »
I'm having trouble even writing this post. My eyes are filled with tears and I don't know where to start. I came upon a rescue group that siezed 9 newfs from a so called breeder home in eastern Oklahoma. They range from 4mos-3yrs in age, 5 female and 4 male. 8 are landseers and 1 is black.

I know this happens. People get Newfs and then rehome them when they realize they get so big. People have their reasons. But I feel at times most humans are so unworthy to be graced with such a beautiful and gentle animal. A Newf "all the qualities of man, without his vises"
So many at BPO have opened their homes to Newfs that an unworthy person neglected or simple didn't want. These saints are my heros.
I just feel broken inside that someone that thought they were a breeder could have treated these gentle souls in such a manner. They will need a lot of medical care before they are available for adoption. I am fairly new to BPO, but I would imagine what little you all know of me so far, I am a huge advocate for my breed. We have fostered, work with local rescue educating on giant breed, nutrition, general care, training, show. You name it, I probably partake if it helps my breed. This just really got to me. I feel helpless. Usually when people treat animals like a pair of shoes they want to send to goodwill, it makes me angry. This was not the same, I feel sick like someone pinched my heart.

So often we are only around fellow spoiled and pampered Newfs, just like ours. It is all too easy to take for granted that all Newfs don't have this life. I forget and this was a sad reminder. As I look at the kids sleeping at my feet right now, all 3 so peaceful, full tummy, brushed coat. I can't help thinking of 9 Newfies in Oklahoma. If anyone wants info on these 9, please PM me. :'(

I am sorry this was so long

Have you hugged your large breed today?
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Elvis-3yr male (#1 lovey)
Stitch-2yr male (Elvis's baby bro & WILD child)
Audrey-10mo female Landseer (wanted a Hepburn, ended up with a LILO!)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: My heart is broken for 9 newfies!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 08:35:09 pm »
That is so tragic. Dogs have such great hearts, they have such unconditional love. And this is how they're treated. I'll PM you.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:13:22 pm »
I fostered a Newf once that was...sad. She was so anxious she couldn't stop pacing, blind in one eye. She was sad. And she was from a "good" breeder. (That's what I'm told anyway. ::)) It IS sad when you realize that not every dog is loved and cared for.

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 01:04:52 am »
Thank you everyone for all your big hearts. I am speaking to the rescue today and will get more info and PM back those that contacted me ASAP. I just couldn't sleep last night because of this. You are all so great. Thank you from the bottom of my big Newfie lovin' heart! ;D
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Elvis-3yr male (#1 lovey)
Stitch-2yr male (Elvis's baby bro & WILD child)
Audrey-10mo female Landseer (wanted a Hepburn, ended up with a LILO!)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 05:36:31 am »
I just dont know how people can live with themselves who treat children and animals so poorly in this world.. I wish we lived closer.. and the big guy was up for company..
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 06:22:16 pm »
Those poor furbabies! I am glad you didn't post the whole story on what they were found in. I can just imagine and that is bad enough. I think you need a kudos for helping them.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08