Author Topic: NDR - Baby Update  (Read 5506 times)

k2campbell

NDR - Baby Update
« on: June 26, 2007, 07:39:27 am »
After my appointment today, I'm headed back to the doctor's again tomorrow. Everything is just fine with baby (which is the most important thing). My blood pressure is up again. He sent me for some blood tests to make sure there's nothing bad going on there, I'll get the results tomorrow  ;)

He finally did an "internal" exam and believe it or not this big baby hasn't yet descended down far enough!!! ::) I was shocked because my belly is much lower now and the pressure I have on my bladder/pelvis is unreal... He also said my cervix is still closed completely. SO - he said after tomorrow's appointment he should have an induction date figured out for me. I believe he said I would go in this Sunday at the latest, which is good  ;)

We'll see what happens tomorrow, I'll let you all know  ;) I was a little frustrated leaving there (but at the same time) am just happy everything is fine with baby  :) We will be meeting our little one soon!  ;D

Funniest part about today was that I got in touch with a friend I've been looking for the past two years (I lost touch with her). When we walked into the lab to get my bloodwork done Eric said "hey, isn't that Wendy?" Well yup, it was - she is a lab tech there! Small world, it was a fun reunion (we hugged for 5 full mintues I bet) and now we can stay in touch!!! :D

angelsmama

Re: NDR - Baby Update
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 07:41:37 am »
dont trust em they said that about rose next day i was in hospital

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 10:17:15 am »
the reunion bit is realy cool!

be carefull with the blood pressure. it hasnt been affecting the way you feel has it? and as for the pressure....yo u realy think it isnt fun to run to the restroom for every tablespoon?? i dont know why not  ;) i know you must be uncumfortable. my cervix never did change with my first. i hope you have one of those labors ive heard of where the girl just kind of breezes through it. ;D hope the checkup shows effacement and dialation tomorrow. good luck!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 10:27:39 am »
OO I hope you have  her or him before  sunday  GO For long walks  do jumping  jackets lol I have  never had to be induced  but I have heard that the labour pains hurt worse. 

Thats  cool  about your  friend its neat  how you can  just all of asudden  run in to some one you havent  seen in years
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 12:30:13 pm »
Wellllllll, actually there is a tried and true way of bringing on labor. Hmmmmm, how do I put this delecately? You know what got you into this situation? Do that.

AAAAAHHHHHH  AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 01:03:32 pm »
Wellllllll, actually there is a tried and true way of bringing on labor.  Hmmmmm, how do I put this delecately?  You know what got you into this situation?  Do that.

Ha, Ha!  Great way of putting it, Tina.  I've been trying to think of a delicate way to suggest that all day.  ;D  :-[
I don't know anyone that's tried it, but I've read that it works.  Also, for pre-term labor patients, it's a big no-no, so it stands to reason that it could work to get labor going, right?
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

angelsmama

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 01:10:21 pm »
worked for my sister :D for me it was pacing goodwill for 2-3 hours
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 03:49:48 am by angelsmama »

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 08:18:59 pm »
I had severe blood pressure issues with my son.My last visit before they induced me my blood pressure was 241/159.Needless to say I was taken to hospital immediately.No w with my daughter they actually induced me 5 weeks early with her because of all the complications I had had with my son.(And she was a really easy labor and delivery)She had to be in an incubator for 2 days cause she couldn't hold her body heat since she was so early, but she was really healthy.+
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 02:18:15 am »
Wellllllll, actually there is a tried and true way of bringing on labor.  Hmmmmm, how do I put this delecately?  You know what got you into this situation?  Do that.

LOL   That  does work...  Thats the way  we finally got my son  to deside to  come
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

angelsmama

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 03:05:33 am »
heres hopes to a baby!  ;D

k2campbell

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 07:07:30 am »
Kelly ... I just noticed you haven't been online today and I'm hoping that means things progressed quickly for you and there is a baby headed your way!!!  In which case, you probably won't read this, but I can get excited anyway, dangit!  ;D 

Aw, I'm so sorry to dissapoint ladies, but I'm not having the baby today :P We had to be at the hospital at 9AM for testing today, believe it or not that had 3 emergency c-sections (all twins!) come through there, so we had to wait... Good news is that the testing showed everything is just fine with baby - YAY!!! ;D My blood pressure came down again, so I think yesterday I was just having an "off" day...but I'm to take it easy for sure  ;) So after spending over 7 hours at the hospital today...waitin g...we found out that if baby doesn't come in the next few days, I'm booked for an induction on Saturday morning!!! ;D ;D ;D Doctor thinks it's 50/50 that I'll need a c-section, but at least I get to try on my own either way! ;D Most important thing is a healthy baby and safe delivery at the end of the day anyhow  ;)

Eric and I will do our best to make an attempt for baby to arrive earlier (ha ha) thanks for all your suggestions on that ladies! ;) If that doesn't work at least we know that it will only be a few more days! ;D AND, if baby arrives on Sunday, it will be a Canada Day baby (it's a holiday here)! Neato! :D ;)

We're just so glad everything is great with baby, the nurses said we have a "happy and healthy" one in there (after being strapped to the monitors for a bit)  ;) It was actually kinda fun! ;)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 09:11:57 am »
Oh poop - I thought it was baby time too!  :)

So glad everything went well today and that you and baby are healthy.... I am one excited BPO Auntie here and cant wait for the little one to arrive!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 09:35:08 am »
I was very excited at work today thinking I was a new BPO auntie. 
Glad that both you and the baby are happy and healthy. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 09:36:55 am »
that's great that everything looks good. well if you should have a big supprise in the middle of the night, good luck and have fun!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 11:24:50 am »
OOOo   A canada   day  baby  would be so cute hehehe... I hope you can have it  naturally and atleast they are going to let youtry  Best of luck to you kelly,  Hope  you have an  easy  delivery..
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti