Author Topic: Feeling bad about my BIL dog  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
Feeling bad about my BIL dog
« on: July 02, 2007, 12:55:54 am »
Well yesterday  we all went  boating  in the river  by  my BIL and  had  lunch there etc.. Well they  got a lil  pupp around the same age as Zeus and of course we brought are baby  to show him off and thought that  there puppy would  probley  get along great  with  Zeus. * zeus has got allong with every dog he has meet*  There puppy is a choco lab  mix im not sure what it is mixxed with.. Well  first thing i notice when i Walk  up to the yard with  zeus on his leash is that  this  Poor puppy is extremly  over weight. at  3mths old  you  can  not  see its ribs or even  feel them. It is also  not socialized at all and has no training at all. *  the pup  wouldnt  even sit.

Well  Zeus went to sniff  the chubby  pup  out.  *pup is a female*  they  did ok  but then  there pup  got all agressive.  IT started  growling and  snapping at  Zeus.  I had zeus in my lap  the whole time practically.  MY BIL and SIL  wouldnt  do anything about  it they thought is was  funny  but as soon as there dog  would  yelp  sence Zeus would try to defend  him self when i let him down they  would  give me this  ignorant  look. LIke its all my  dogs fault.  My  poor pup  couldn'y even  lay  down that  dog  would  run up(woddle) and  try  fighting him. Sheldon ended up  taking  zeus with him  when him and the men took  the boat to  put in. Sheldon  said  Zeus  seemed so happy to get away  from  the dog(I dont blame Zeus)

Well then My sisiter in law is asking me about puppy shots and  I  simply told her s he should  go get her pups shot and also  get  her in to get  cheacked out and that  she is over weight.  This is howmy Sister  in law  responds.
"  I  figured she was a little  chubby  but I dont see how  When  we were gone for four days Meeko(there dog)  was locked in her  pen (I have seen  bigger boxes than this pen)  and  hadn't had  food(nice nice  very nice)  I  shall  say  I  really held it all in. This poor  puppy who is  just  about  3mths old,  They  got it  when it was only  6weeks, IS locked in this  little  pen all the time and  they left  her at home and  didnt care  she went  with no food  for four days  :o >:( Well of course  now the poor lil  girl is going to pig  right  out  when she gets some food. Also to top it all of there son who is 2yrs old is completly  ignorant to this poor pup  hhits the lil guy  for no reason and  pinches it. When i looked at my SIL  when  There son was doing this to there dogshe just  laughed and sayed that the dog deserved it that  the pup allways bites him.

Argggggg..
THis pup  needs obidence  training and a better owner i feel terrible.
At such a  young age has food aggresion and aggresion towards other  dogs.

IM Attaching a couple  pics of this poor  girl  for you all to see. 
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling bad about my BIL dog
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 12:56:57 am »
I hope that all makes sence im just still  ticked off by it I feel so bad
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 01:05:24 am »
I think you have every right to be concerned. That poor little pup is having a rough start, perhaps you can get SIL to join the forum and learn a few things? I would keep your children a safe distance away from the pup, it's just not acceptable that the little boy is allowed to torment her, is she corrected for biting him? Hopefully your BIL/SIL will have a change of heart before they have a disaster on their hands and the pup is old enough to do damage when she retaliates.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 01:07:20 am »
and people wonder how/why kids get bit by dogs...ugh...

I agree you have EVERY right to be concerned about this! That poor pup needs discipline and the kid shouldn't be allowed to hit and pinch the poor pup!

and to leave the poor dog for 4 days without food? That's just not right.

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 04:23:09 am »
My heart goes out to this pup! Situations like this make me so angry! >:( it's so frustrating that this little puppy is the product of ignorance and cruelty. I hope you get through to your SIL/BIL and help Meeko, she doesn't deserve this. I think it's a really good idea to say their little boy might get worms, anything that will help right?
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 05:26:23 am »
Thank you all I  was  sooo ticked off  yesretday  about al l this hubby was  getting annoyed but h e was alittle ticked to I could tell.  Im  going to  bring everythiong  up to her  but She is a bullheaded you know  what..  BUt Ill try   thank ya all im  so  ticked at the moment still I feel so sorry  for the  poor  girl
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 06:54:29 am »
that's too bad, if they dont start to train and take care they're going to end up with a fat grumpy adult dog that they prabibly will have a horrible relationship with. :-\ well at least they have you and your hubby for a good influence!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 07:38:26 am »
 Perhaps offering to take the pup to help socialize her would help.  After of course they take her and get her shots and get her wormed.  Or invite your SIL to go to a puppy obedience class with you.  Just some ideas other than just storm in and take the puppy away from them.  Sorry but this disturbs me that they are leaving a puppy without food and are letting a baby beat up on the puppy.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 11:53:15 pm »
UGH! >:( >:( >:(  Britz, tell your husband that we all think you contained yourself quite well.  You certainly have a lot more self-control than me.  I would have had a very difficult time refraining from "educating" these people about all they were doing wrong.  And, if they didn't have an enormous change of heart right there on the spot about how to deal with their pup, I would have picked her up and left with her.  Kudos to you for caring and for following up--for everybody's sake!

OOO i felt like  taking the poor pup my  Best friend is looking  for a puppy and owuld  have loved to have her and  give her some love.
I  called my  SIL   yesterday  evening and  talked to her about the dog s he truly  didnt  care for anything I said  >:( I told her to take the pup to the  vet  get its shots and   get  the poor girl  dewormed.  All my inlaws are not  dog ppl. The only reason they  got the dog was for there 2 yr  old. and seriously that is no reason to get a dog  a 2 yr old  can  not  take  care of it.  MY  son  is  3yrs ol a nd he  treats are dog way  better than  that  child the same as my daughter  who is one.  Aaa it still upsets  me and it  probley  allways  will i feel  awful for the dog.  I   told  her I was  looking in to training  / obidence  classes to take  zeus to and  she  just  simply  said  she doesnt  have the time and  doesnt  want to pay for  such a waste argg
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 10:02:06 pm »
I dunno if it's with all labs.. but my girl Lucy, she has to be maintained all the time constant grooming and tending to... I hope they are prepared for what it takes to truly take care of that pup, I know I wasn't! It took alot of time and money to get her to the point she is now.She is a great dog protects "her" family and is sweet as can be and minds every word you say....but it took years to get her to this point.

It is truly sad when people get an animal just to get it - and know nothing about what it takes to take care of it. >:(
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)