Author Topic: Never realised how big he was!  (Read 1517 times)

Offline wiggi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Never realised how big he was!
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:10:53 pm »
Well today i took Murphy my 6mnth old landseer newf to a friends house who has a rottweiler mastiff cross. She's always boasting about how big he is (you know the kind of friend i'm on about, we all have one hahaha). Anyway her dog is a little taller than the average rottie and he's 2 yrs old. When i got there and the 2 dogs got together Murphy towers over him by a good couple of inches which didn't impress her at all but surprised me quite a bit. Because i'm so used to seeing Murphy alongside Jaspa my 2yr old newfie i never realised just how big he is. He just doesn't seem to have been a puppy for long. Anyway just thought i'd brag a little about my baby who just isn't much of a baby anymore hahaha. 
mother to: Jaspa - 2yr old newfie
           Murphy - 6mnth old landseer newfie
           Tiny - 9yr old (little paw) crossbreed

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Never realised how big he was!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 09:57:53 pm »
Guess she won't be bragging anymore! LOL

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Never realised how big he was!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 10:42:13 pm »
I know how you feel.  My Sierra is 6 1/2 months old too, and I see her everyday so she's still a baby to me.  Sometimes though, usually when she stretched out on the living room floor or right under foot where she always seems to be, she just looks HUGE.  As if a Newfie could be "under foot"  LOL.

And sometimes she'll catch my eye and she actually looks like a Newfie, instead of just an incredibly cute furry puppy.

Man, I love that dog.

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer