Author Topic: Some people should know when to keep their pets at home!!!!! *so mad*  (Read 3699 times)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
So i took Chloe to petsmart today to get some new goodies (becuase shes spoiled and everyone that works there knows her by name...yeah... can you say that we're there too much? lol) and we came across a fat ol golden lab. he showed a lot of interest in Chloe and we let them sniff each other. it was a woman with her two kids there... the woman cooed over Chloe and i told her her dog was cute, his name was Lucky... well *I* wasnt so lucky.... when they left that dog ol dog found his way back to Chloe, and the little girl started to say, "YYYYEEEAAAHHH we had to cut his hair like this because hes got bad fleas" and i responded with  *panic!* "alright Chloe! lets get our shopping done" and took off. ya know, thats just not right!!! you should know better than to bring a dog with bad fleas to a place with other animals. AND THEN, to let him around my dog...arg. if she gets fleas i SWEAR!!! >:(
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Some people should know when to keep their pets at home!!!!! *so mad*
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 12:30:49 am »
we've had that happen several times at petco / petsmart.  i guess that's one of the things about the stores, is everyone has different standards of *when* it is and isn't ok to bring your dogs.  personally, we ONLY go on days that axle has had a flea bath.  not only to make sure he's clean, but to make sure he doesn't have any fleas and it's less likely he might bring some home.  what i hate more, though, is when people bring anti social dogs there and don't watch them AT ALL and they bite my dogs for no reason other than they were within jaw range.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 12:33:40 am »
ive never had that happen... and i hope it doesnt :-\ but this was bad enough... i just wish everyone could be RESPONSABLE pet owners, but i guess thats just not possable.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 12:39:47 am »
no, it's not unfortunately.  we had someone with two danes (no offense guys you know i LOVE danes) almost full grown let their dogs both run up and get in axle's face and start pawing him.  axle got irritated and raised lip and they still wouldn't pull their dogs back and when axle nipped the face of one it was *my* fault.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 12:43:27 am »
omg, people... they just DONT get it do they? i know you dont mean it against danes, my babys a dane! lol

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 12:46:02 am »
no, they really don't understand  :-\  axle's just like i am, if you get too much in my face someone's gonna be pulling back a bloody face...  and it won't be  me  ;)  i really hate that too, but to let two dogs BARELY smaller than mine get in his face, that's asking for trouble..  esp. since i told them to start with axle doesn't like most giant breed dogs too close to him.  i also saw a woman bring a 5 week old puppy into petco.  i couldn't believe that!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 12:50:22 am »
there as a woman there with her 7wk old chihuahua mix, but she was carrying her, and she seemed like she only had her there to get a collar that would fit her, and some toys she would be interested in... i can understand that because its hard to know what your pup likes when you first get them. we had bought chloe a bunch of balls and bones when we first got her (those chewey flavored bones) and she wasnt really interested... she would much rather wreastle and cuddle with a stuffed animal instead!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 12:51:58 am »
i can see that too, but this one was passing her pup between a ton of people, with no shots or anything yet  :-\
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 12:57:30 am »
ack... poor pups... its sad, its not their fault they have dumb owners... ill never understand it... omg, the petsmart here just got a petshotel in it, its freaking amazing!

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 01:01:57 am »
i dont understand how they can let their dog become infested that terribly! none of my dogs have ever even had fleas... i realy dont understand.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 01:04:05 am »
yeah i dont get that either... especially in my area. ive never EVER seen a flea out here.... i used to take in tons of stray cats, and even they never had fleas! i only thought once Chloe may have had fleas, she had horrible itchy bites on her belly... but i found out... uhhem. the dummy just layed on an ant hill...ugh...

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 01:05:35 am »
we've had two flea problems, but the second i saw it i was like "EWE!  don't touch the dogs!!" and we went and cleaned carpets, bombed the house, put carpet powder down, flea baths and the stuff on their neck, washed EVERYTHING and evacuated for almost a whole day lol.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 01:06:06 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 01:09:54 am »
wow what a pain in the butt! hope ill get lucky and never have fleas!....at least before we get out the carpet :D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 01:12:02 am »
ugh, fleas lol... well atleast you took care of it when you saw it!!!! freakin people, sometimes i think its just lazyness..... other times, ignorance!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 01:13:10 am »
we've been around the woods the whole time we've had dogs.  in NC, MS, and GA.  honestly, i'm surprised we haven't had MORE problems!  luckily (knock on wood) no ticks yet.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)