Author Topic: URGENT!!  (Read 3829 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
URGENT!!
« on: August 28, 2007, 11:42:32 pm »
I am beyond angry about this,
this dog has been left without treatment... can anyone in the area check on him and maybe help.
If any of us left an animal in our care in this condition we would be arrested.

Can someone help or does anyone have any contacts in the area? The dog is still there as of tonight. They do not have vet help.

Oliver*
Breed: Australian Shepherd, Australian Cattle Dog/Blue Heeler [Mix]
Sex: Male
Size: Medium
ID: K36

Email the adoption organization

8/23 Poor Oliver has been hit by a car and is need of some medical attention. He doesn't use his back legs and seems miserable. He is about 30-35 pounds. If you are interested in this pet, please contact pupresq@bellsouth.net
Harlan Rescue Coordinator

The latest info is he is still there, he has still not seen a vet and now after surviving all this they will euth him if he is not pulled.
I have had offers of donations for his treatment, but we don't even know what we are dealing with.
We have no where for him to go CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE
Here is the latest email...

pupresq@bellsouth.net wrote:
He's still at the shelter. I'm on the phone with the shelter staff now (all the computer stuff is done by volunteers like me because the shelter doesn't have a computer). They said they think he has a broken leg but is VERY sweet and gets along fine with other dogs. They really love him and are desperate to get him help but he's running out of time and it seems cruel to leave him there without treatment. We're also working on finding someone willing to drive him several hours to the nearest decent clinic if we can get donations for care. Several people have offered but the big problem has been getting him there and then, of course, the other big problem is having a rescue who will take him.
He's a sweet guy though, not big, fairly young, and he has one blue eye.
Hope some of that helps! Thank you so much for working on him!
Hannah
Surely someone can help some how,.

I got this from another board I'm on, hopefully someone can help him. :(
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:43:45 pm by dober_gurl »
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Nicole

Re: URGENT!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 11:46:28 pm »
Where is this at, Megan?

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 11:50:14 pm »
Oh I didn't post that sorry.
Harlan, Kentucky
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:51:34 pm by dober_gurl »
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 02:00:38 am »
It's a bit past the TN line.  I was going to adopt a GSD from there but he ended up being put to sleep,(long, sad story). 
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 06:24:12 am »
oh dear..... :(
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 05:50:45 pm »
Thought you should know that Oliver was sadly put down this morning. The lady that pulled him took him to the vet and the vet said he'd need 2 major surgeries. One for his front leg where it was broken in 2 places, it would have to be rebroken and set since it was like that all week and was starting to heal. The second on his back hip which was starting to deteriorate due to I believe it was a birth defect? Anyways The vet said not only would it take about $5000 to do it but he most likely wouldn't have any quality of life after the surgeries. I agreed with her that the best option was to have him put down. The woman did give him a wonderful night and morning. So he at least didn't have to go in the shelter. RIP Dear Oliver :(

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 11:08:24 pm »
awwww poor boy having to suffer for a week. Oliver 'I hope you are at peace now and pain free sweet boy.