Author Topic: DisneyWorld HELP!! Is there an insider here?  (Read 8286 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
DisneyWorld HELP!! Is there an insider here?
« on: July 22, 2005, 01:16:02 pm »
I remember someone saying that they worked at Disney! I hate to pull strings (no, I really don't and I'm perfectly willing to offer strings in exchange, if I had any), but my husband and I are desperate to go to DisneyWorld in September for our 10th anniversary (believe me, we need to get away), but I'm finding it difficult to find affordable options.

I found a great deal on airfare and accommodations at the Grosvenor, but once we get there, I'm not sure I'll be able to afford to actually go into the parks! Can you give me any secret tips or tricks??

We'd like to do the park hopping thing as I know we can go to Animal Kingdom and MGM in less than a day, but any suggestions you have would be great. We'll be there for 4 nights and 5 days, but arrive late on the first night so will probably only need a 4 day park ticket as we can spend the first evening at Downtown Disney.

Anyone else who has been there this year and can give me some tips, please feel free to shoot them at me.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

Re: DisneyWorld HELP!! Is there an insider here?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 01:21:48 pm »
That was GrumpyBunny! She use to work for Disney.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 01:40:56 pm »
If I had any insider tips I would share them, but I am actually a former Sea World gal, and that was longer ago than I care to remember...   ;D  

Disney is pretty notorious for not offering discounts, like the ones they put on Coke cans, and stuff like that.  Check out your library, sometimes the travel books on Disney have good info on how to save money...  The only other tip I can think of is to make sure that you get your Disney tickets directly from Disney, apparently sometimes the ones sold at the local kiosks and stores and stuff in Orlando are not a real Disney ticket and Disney won't honor them!

I am jealous!  I went to DisneyWorld almost 10 years ago, and I would LOVE to go again...  
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 01:45:53 pm »
Good Morning America did a show not too long ago about trips to places like these.  Go to their web site and see if you can still buy discount books there.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 05:04:05 pm »
Have you looked at the disneyworld vacation packages for their allstar resort? I have only been to disney once, and we stayed did an affordable package - the all star resorts (disney has like 4) are very resonably priced (you can get a room for under $100 a night many nights) and if you do a package you can also get discounts on park passes.
RIP former BPO

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 05:07:30 pm »
Also, you could check ebay. Because of the counterfeit ticket issue, I would only buy tickets off ebay from someone with 99-100% positive feedback and lots of positive reviews from people who have used them at the park.

There is also the orlando craigslist, but I would be kinda leary of that for the same reason.
RIP former BPO

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 05:10:37 pm »
Just get really drunk & have your hubby put on some Mickey Mouse ears & bounce you around on the bed...The next best thing to actually being there! ;D

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 05:14:32 pm »
The Mouse may hunt me down and kill me for saying this, but leave plenty of time for Universal Studios. I enjoy it a lot more that Disney.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 07:48:15 pm »
Vacation for cheap, call a timeshare co and tell them you want to tour the property, ofcourse don't let them talk you into it. Most of the resorts give you 2 tickets to 2 different parks and you only pay what it would ususally cost for one night, call different ones and see what they have to offer before you make your decision. I know Westgate Lakes and Bluegreen Resort give park tickets. I am going to the beach for 4 days and staying in a top end resort that even brings beverages to the beach for $199 and get 2 show tickets, gas card, etc...and all you have to do is give them 90 minutes of your time then when the 90 mins is up just tell them you need more time to think about it. They are tricky and will do anything to get you to purchase DONT DO IT.  One sure way to get out of it is mention your dogs and tell them that if they gave you the property free you still could not afford the maintenace fees and taxes! If you need any numbers PM me. We are going over Christmas and are doing timeshares to pay for the tickets.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 09:02:15 pm »
You guys are GREAT!!
Gypsy, I LOVE that idea!! I snorted pepsi on that one!! And, my husband is so silly, he would do that, too!

LuvMyMal - I never thought of that. We got suckered into about 3 timeshare presentations when we were in Vegas. Some of them nearly kept us hostage all day - literally! But we got some awesome freebies out of them, too. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep 'em coming!!

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 11:14:28 pm »
You guys are GREAT!!
Gypsy, I LOVE that idea!! I snorted pepsi on that one!! And, my husband is so silly, he would do that, too!

LuvMyMal - I never thought of that. We got suckered into about 3 timeshare presentations when we were in Vegas. Some of them nearly kept us hostage all day - literally! But we got some awesome freebies out of them, too. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep 'em coming!!

Jeanne
Our 10th is coming up in Nov...We have too damn many critters to beable to go to Disney World...Let me know if the Mickey Mouse ears cut it...lol!...I hope you are able to go to the Mouse House! (that's trucker talk...I think...lol!)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 08:28:55 am »
hey Gypsy, it sounds like we have a lot in common!
- it's my 10th anniversary this year, too
- my husband's a trucker
- we have too many critters to go away very often (I usually have a friend or a frirnd's teenager stay at my house when we go).

where do you live??

Icerotti

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 08:31:17 am »
It will be our 10 th in Sept.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 08:39:59 am »
Cool! Maybe instead of going to Disney, we should all meet in Vegas and renew our vows!!!

Wouldn't that be a blast!!

Icerotti

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2005, 08:41:30 am »
We could bring the dogs and dress them up as flower girls and boys.LOL