Author Topic: I want to keep the kittens  (Read 3005 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
I want to keep the kittens
« on: July 25, 2005, 09:50:10 am »
So you all read about the cat family I took in and foster. Well I have fallen in love. Mama cat is getting sooooo affectionat, she purrs and love every sec. of attention. AND she eats like a horse, she has put on 1,5 lbs since last wednesday. She is a very small cat, and was very skinny so 1,5 lbs is more than it sound like ( not like me, I can put on 2 lbs in an hour lol)

The 4 babies are the cutest, Galahad is their new daddy hehe. They stoke around his legs, kiss him and purr as soon as they see him, he loves them too. Funny how he (who is a baby himself) musf sense that they are babies, he is soooo much more gentle with them, than he is with Trouble our cat. Mama cat is not too impressed by him, not any of our dogs really, but she doesnt run, I just dont let them go up to her, so she has to feel threatened.

The problem is I am in love and want to keep them all, hubby is allergic and says nooooo way. I have to come up with a plan to camuflage my intentions and stall and hope he falls in love too and wont fuss too much when I drop on him that I want to keep all 5 of them.

any ideas anyone

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: I want to keep the kittens
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 09:57:10 am »
lol Marit - good luck.  My friend tried to do that with a kitty she found.  Her husband is allergic.  She wanted to keep him but Mark was miserable.  So now the kitty is with me.....lol  Worked out great for me not so great for my friend.  Godd Luck with the kitties!!!! 
Timmie

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 10:00:41 am »
Thanks,

my hubby already has to take meds due to Trouble (the cat we have had for years) So I might have to work hard on this one lol....

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 10:20:23 am »
My hubby is allergic to cats too...We have 8...lol!...It seems he does better now than he did when we got our 1st 9 yrs. ago...He isn't deathly allergic though...I know some people can't be around them at all!...Marit, perhaps you coud build a nice air conditined shelter out back...for your hubby!...lol!...Of coarse you want to keep the cats...I mean who wouldn't? ;D Good luck in whatever you decide to do! :)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 11:01:04 am »
lol - very cute Jenn.....spoke n like you have experience.... lol
Timmie