Author Topic: Need good thoughts for Tigger....I'm worried...and crazy right now...  (Read 3001 times)

dohertyswissy

I feel like the worst mother ever right now.  As I opened the door to let Ranger out to go potty, my phone rang.  My Mom's CFIDS (Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficency Syndrome) and her Chron's is out of remission right now, so I am on-call in case she needs something, since my Dad still works.  When I heard the phone ring and saw it was her number, I picked it up immediately, thinking she may need something.  Of course, she just wanted to chat, as it gets lonely not being able to get out as much.  I have a fenced-in yard, so no biggie if Ranger is out there for a few minutes alone and I was watching him through the window. 

What I wasn't watching for was my little Houdini, Tigger. 

Ranger came bounding back in and I went to go feed Tigger.  Tigger did not come bounding to his food bowl.  I've had him for 10 years and KNOW that this NEVER happens.  If hears that food hitting the bowl, he comes running.

At this point, I get a little concerned.  So, I start looking...ever ywhere...under every bed... in every window sill... all his favorite spots...

I can't find him anywhere.  He's gone.  I think he snuck out when I went to answer the phone.

Usually if he tries to make an escape onto the deck, I either scoop him up or Ranger dutifully herds him back into the house.  This time I was distracted and Ranger was on the other side of the yard doing his business.

My little guy is outside and I am scared to death.  He's gotten out before, as I mentioned he is a Houdini and will run like the wind if I don't get him fairly quickly, and he always returns.

What has me worried is that they opened up our cul-de-sac and it is now people are always cutting through our neighborhood to avoid traffic lights..often times flying through here. 

I'm scared to death he is gonna be hurt.

I've searched outside, asked neighbors to be on the lookout.. but I know from before that he is not coming out or back until he is done on his adventure.

Please send all your good thoughts and prayers for a safe return for Tigger.

I am an AWFUL, AWFUL Mom....   :'(    :'(    :'(

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Need good thoughts for Tigger....I'm worried...and crazy right now...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 02:14:29 pm »
Thoughts and prayers to you and Tigger.  Been there, know the feeling, feel your pain.  :-\  Hope you see your sweet guy soon.
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 02:30:12 pm »
HEATHER!

You are not an awful mom! You were being a good daughter to your mama! Tigger was being a sneakster, and he wanted to get out!

He'll come back just fine, hon. Fingers crossed. Keep some food out on the deck for him.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 02:40:57 pm »
AAAwww don't beat yourself up. My little Max is the best escape guy around and having little kids and makes it a full time job watching the door cause I know if he gets out he's gone...like you said until it's HIS time to come home. If he got out the back door shake his food..search high and low ask the neighbours ~ he'll come home safe and sound until his next adventure. YOU are NOT a bad mama  :-*
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 07:44:38 pm by LibbyP »
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 03:59:06 pm »
OMG!! That SO does not make you an awful mom!!! You've gotta stop thinking that!! Tigger has been h*ll bent on making you nuts lately, so he's probably right around the corner of the house snickering, and Ranger's thinking "Damn! I wish I could tell on you, you sneaky furball!!" Plus, your mom has health problems and your natural caring, considerate daughter reaction was to grab the phone when you saw it was her. How many of us wouldn't do the SAME thing? No one is going to say, "Dude, you sick mom can wait - you should have closed the door first." So, take a deep breath...Now, maybe go out side and make lots of noise with the food and maybe Tigger will come? It seems to me that the natural instinct of a domesticated cat (especially an older one) would be to stick near home due to fear of the newness of it all. I doubt he'd go galavanting around cars and traffic. He has probably scared the crap out of himself (one less pile under your sink) and is holed up nearby wishing he had thought his whole escape plan through a bit more.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 04:14:25 pm »
Tigger, you little stinker!!! Get back home!!!

Heather, I am sure he will be ok. I think cats tend to stay close to their houses. I see my neighbors cats all the time and they always come back home. It is not as scary as letting the dog out.
Keep us posted  :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

dohertyswissy

Thank you sooo much all of you for your good wishes.  They must have worked!!

I left the back deck door open with the thought that maybe he'd wander back in.  I was in the back of the house cleaning out my bathroom (yes, doing whatever I could to keep my mind off of Tigger being MIA) when I heard this scuffle.  Next thing I know, Tigger comes flying down the hallway, tail puffed, and jumps on the bed with Ranger in tow.

Oh, how I cried and for the first time did not reprimand Ranger for chasing his brother back into the house.

Tigger, of course, is looking at me like i'm a total idiot, while he is curled up on my pillow like, "What ya so worked up over Mama?"

I'd kill him...if I wasn't so happy and relieved that he was back home. ::)

Thanks again everyone!!  It was a mucho stressful afternoon...

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 06:54:10 pm »
YAY!!! The stinker is back  ;D
ANd now you can sit back and relax  :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 07:52:43 pm »
Yeah he is home. Good boy!

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 09:23:01 pm »
Whoo Hoo - I read this thread at work and couldnt post- because I was at work- I am so happy to come home and read that the Tigger adventure is over and it has a happy ending!!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 11:07:10 pm »
Well, hopefully he has now learned that the grass is NOT greener on the other side of the door and he'll chill out, be good, and use his litter box, thanking his lucky stars that he has a roof over his head and a box to pee in!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python