Author Topic: Sweet Great Dane!  (Read 1867 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Sweet Great Dane!
« on: October 01, 2007, 08:37:04 pm »
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/pet/438261693.html

Awesome great dane that needs a non stop loving home. We just had a baby and Gunner is not getting the attention that he deserves. My husband is working double the hours and I am non stop with the baby and Gunner is getting the blunt of things. He has a fantastic demeanour, very smart and very affectionate. He is neutered and up to date on all shots until February. I'm not going to lie, having a dane is not cheap. His food alone costs about $20 a week and as the shots at the vet are the same for all dogs its the heartworm pills, xl toys and the xl bones that cost the most! But danes are worth it! He is great with kids and other pets as we frequent the dog park as much as we can.

We are not looking to get money for Gunner we just are asking that you make a $100.00 donation to the Humane Society instead. We will need to see proof!
(I will give you the website/numbers to do so)

I will need to meet the people that Gunner will be living with and the situation that you have. He will be a great addition to any family or single person situation as long as there is love!
Any questions please call me, Noelle 815-405-9422 or Jason 815-405-9184
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

bigdogs@5501

Re: Sweet Great Dane!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 09:20:39 pm »
What is it with people. If they have another human child do they then give up the first one because they no longer have time due to the fact that the new baby is so needy?
This is one of the lamest excuses that seems to have the most popularity- I have an idea, instead of the new family just donating the 100.00, how about the old family matching the contribution? How about the family who has no more time, sponser a rescue dog each and every month once they get rid of their family pet.
Our society has become too much of a throw away society, what a pity.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet Great Dane!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 03:56:31 pm »
That's true. It doesn't make sense. The dog looks like he does great with the baby. I have just one dog, and she doesn't take up time at all. She hangs out where we do. I let her in and out to potty. The only thing that would make me "not have time for her anymore" is if my whole family were suddenly unable to use the stairs or work the sliding glass door, I guess. Maybe she's just very low maintenance. I dunno. Poor dane boy.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python