Author Topic: Day at a Rescue  (Read 4831 times)

bigdogs@5501

Day at a Rescue
« on: October 22, 2007, 04:07:48 pm »
Last friday I took off of work and my daughter and I took off for Oklahoma to the OK Save a Dog Rescue. We were out of the house by 5 AM as I was stopping by a breeders house to pick up 3 little schnauzer girls to take to the rescue in Oklahoma. The breeder was getting out of the business and decided to send the girls to the rescue instead of selling them to another breeder. It was about a 3 1/2 drive from when we picked up the schnauzers.
I had met Terry Lynn thru the internet on several rescues that have been successful and Kim at OK Save a Dog has taken so many of those rescues from Terrys local shelter- So Terry and I decided to meet at Kims and offer so help.It was also the first time that Terry and I had ever met in person.

I fell in love way more times that I can count on friday. Kim does an incredible job. I took 447 pictures and still didnt get a picture of everyone. I will attach some pics of some of the sweet babies awaiting thier forever homes.
Kim also has some horses ( again fell in love) and I will post about those in another thread.

bigdogs@5501

Re: Day at a Rescue
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 04:11:52 pm »
some more pics

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 04:15:16 pm »
And again a few more. Sprockett was an incredible dog- he will probably always live at OK Save a dog- he has managed to get out of every type of fence that they have had him in- so he is kinda like the un-appointed Greeter. He is such a friendly sweet baby.

Offline mingaling

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • TheVelvetSnoot.com
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 04:35:18 pm »
These dogs are beautiful. GO RESCUE!!!
Discount Luxury for BIG DOGS! www.TheVelvetS noot.com

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 07:42:21 pm »
I cannot wait to have a bigger yard!!!!  So not fair posting the GSD pics, or any of them for that matter!!!  The second pic (?) look at those ears!!!!  And the mamma dog running, now she loves life!!  And the puppers.......  I hope that it was a very successful day.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 07:57:27 pm »
How did you do it? I would have surely left with one or two dogs for sure.

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 03:01:33 pm »
I would have definitely left with a brindle baby.

marypyrs

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 04:08:59 pm »
Oh Wow! What a fantastic place! It looks like a Critter Heaven.

(My heart just melted many times over & it's in a puddle on the floor.)

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 04:47:35 pm »
Had to share this pic- these babies were the main reason I made the drive-I had followed thier mom thru being saved 2 times and then when I found out she was pregnant, I just knew that I had to meet her and the babies in person. I am sure that everyone on BPO can understand the need to drive over 3 hours to love on a puppy. This is my daughter in the picture.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 06:12:55 pm »
Awwwwe, love all the pix.  You must have a great camera, they turned out great.
I don't know how you can go to a rescue and not bring home several animals.  I rarely go to rescues as it breaks my heart to see so many animals in need and not be able to bring them home with me.
those puppies are adorable.  I'm sure they'll find homes quickly.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 07:14:12 pm »
I love the second pic with the large ears.  Baby pics are always adorable too.  I wish I could do something like that but I'm sure I would find a little one that just needed to be at my house.   ;)
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience