Author Topic: EVERYONE WITH KIDS - READ THIS  (Read 10487 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
EVERYONE WITH KIDS - READ THIS
« on: July 26, 2005, 10:34:36 am »
So its been a scary morning here. One of Malins friends mom called me about 9 am, and asked if she could come over, she had something to talk about. I said yes sure, but wondered what it was she couldnt talk on the phone about.

She came and was all tore up. Her daughter came with and the kids went into Malins room. It appears that yesterday afternoon, her daughter, who is the same age as Malin (13) had gone out to the end of their driveway, to wait on a friend and her mom who were going to pick her up. A car had come, and she didnt think much of it, since she was waiting on her friend and she didnt know what kind of car they have. A man gets out and starts to drag/pull her into the car. She of course starts to scream and he puts his arm around her neck so she is almost suffercating. She was kicking and going crazy but of course that didnt help one bit, he was way too strong and had no problem overpowering her.

THANK GOD, two guys came on a motorcycle and straigh away realized the situation and stopped the bike and ran towards the car. I guess the man who was trying to get her into the car, realized he had no way of getting her in, before they were in his face. He threw her away and jumped into the car, it took off and almost ran one of the bike guys over. So there was two people in the car. One trying to get her in and one driving.

They live right around the corner from where we live, and this is a good area, we very seldom have any problems here, but obviously that is no help.

The girl is bruised and scared to hysteria. They have spent lots of time at the police both yesterday and today. And got the information that this is not the first attempt like this around here. They also told them, that we do have (as most places) sex offenders living everywhere and most of the times when they get a positive ID, it is a former sex offender.

I cant even imagine having to go through that. And I straight away pulled up a website I have had for quite some time, but stupidly enough hardly ever use. I will for sure check every area around here, I already did, and it scared the crap out of me.

It makes you realize though, just how fast it can happen and how much we have to look out for our children, even when they get to be a bit older, and we think we "have to" give them a bit more freedom.

Please check this link out and look up your area and see what creeps you have living near you, so you at least know and can act accordingly.

http://childsafenetwork.org/

Marit

what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Icerotti

Re: EVERYONE WITH KIDS - READ THIS
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 10:55:52 am »
It is a scary world now. I am glad everything turned out ok. Smart girl to fight back.
Does anyone know if there is a web site like the above for Canada?

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 10:57:26 am »
Oh Marit how scary! I looked up the sex offenders by my school through the Megan's Law site and was so creeped out. I work in what would  be considered the "hood"...a poverty stricken area where kids need help and positive role modeles and well the offenders there were so scary. They live everywhere!! It makes me sad that they can live so close to kids and area able to keep their sick minds happy.
Keep Malin close! You never know what might happen.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 10:58:10 am »
That is so scary!, Thank God those people were there to help her and she screamed to draw attention to her self.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 10:59:08 am »
Yeah..... I will get Malin pepper spray, it is illegal to carry it under 18, but dang..... id rather be that, than a daughter who cant defend herself in need be.

I am a bit of an over protector, I never let Malin go far by herself, I tend to give a bit more freedom if they are two friends. But I was thinking, and she is waiting on the school bus every morning during shcool year, not far away from the house, but obviously that doesnt help.

I checked that website and it appears that we have 450 or so sex offenders in this county, 4 of them living very very very close. Another 15 or so no more than 10 min drive from here.

I can feel myself turning into a hysterical mom, but that poor girl was soooo beat up, both emotionally and physically, and had those guys not come, she might very well not be here now.

I would check that site too Tina, just to know what is in your area. It is easier to fight what you know is there.

The cops had said that, they have strong candidates for the attempts that happened before, and that there had been a tiny thing on local news, but they dont want to cause panic. DUUUUUHHHH how stupid is that. Isnt it better we get to know and can be as careful as we need to.

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 11:05:25 am »
It is a scary world now. I am glad everything turned out ok. Smart girl to fight back.
Does anyone know if there is a web site like the above for Canada?

I dont know ice...... I would do a search and see, I am pretty sure you do have it though, I think they try and keep sites like that everywhere now.

I can feel my blood boiling. Yes they might be sick and need help (at least that is what some people say) BUT I dont want them around my children or any children for that matter. I have things I would like to do to them, that I cant even type here.

Jabas...... it is horrible that they are free to live so close to schools, mind you there are schools everywhere, but it makes me mad when it seems like we the public are the ones having to be punished for what they and their sick minds do. I would happily put one of them tracking chips into each and every one, so they could at all times be tracked and controlled.

Marit

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 11:09:04 am »
you can NEVER be to careful with your kids, Malin should have pepper spray to protect herself, what happened to her friend proves it.
My husband mother told us that a 5 year old was abducted from the mall in her town, this has never happened in this town before, nothing ever happens in this town. Everyone knows everyone in this town, and the worst thing is no one saw/ heard a thing, she had disappeared.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 11:15:47 am »
I agree Marit! These felons need to be watched 24 hours a day!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 11:19:39 am »
That is horrible Nina..... you feel sick to your stomach when you reas things like that. A few years ago at a Sams club in Charlotte, there was a mother shopping with her kid (cant remember if it was a boy or girl) the kid was 3 or maybe 4 years old, and ran just around the corner, the mom followed but could not see the child, she thought it has snuck behind somewhere and called it and looked for a coupld of min, then they did an hmmmm do you call it AMBER when the store closes all the doors and dont let anyone out.

They found the kid in the bathrooms, with its hair half cut off, someone had took him or her, started to cut hair off, trying to sneak it out from the store without anyone recognize it. And it was just seconds it had been out of its mothers sight.

Scary

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 11:24:40 am »
I know what you mean Tina, my children are not even allowed to go to friends houses until I feel comfortable with knowing the parents. Ohhhhh have I many a time heard from Malin how unfair that is, when I say nope..... you cant go because I dont know or havnt even met these parents, and until I do so you just wont spend time in their house.

I would have gone totally raving mad too had a creep like that moved in here. Mind you for all I know there might be one or two, since as they said until proven guilty they cant really do anything.

Gosh...... you know I am still shaky from talking to this girls mom, I just couldnt believe it.

Marit

Icerotti

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 11:31:27 am »
Marit , I agree with you though, you really need to know that about the parents. It is not like you can look at a person and tell that they are a sexual offender. I use to work in law enforcement area and my husband still does. Needless to say poor Lexi won't be able to go on a date with out giving the first and last name of person being dated along with their D.O.B. (date of birth). hmmmmmmmmmm will daddy be checking these people out.LOL
You have to check everything out these days. Some people feel you may be over protective- but who cares.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 11:42:49 am »
hahaha we say the same here, not that we would have quite such an easy time to check up on people, but I am a good spy lol..... So the poor boy who thinks he is going to be Malins boyfriend well he will be a tad bit grilled here first and then I am sure we can find out a way to check up on him, AND I will be very close by (of course the wont know that though hehe)

Malin is 13 going on 14 and I tell her she is way too young to have a boyfriend, she tells me I am old fashioned. But the world is a sick place today no doubt.

Marit

Icerotti

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 11:47:16 am »
You are right Marit, Unfortunately they will not understand where we are coming from until they have thier own children. Lexi is only 5 so we have a few years to go yet.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 11:56:42 am »
I love our neighborhood, I really do, but the crime in our area is horrible.  As bad as it sounds, Matt REALLY didn't want me to get Sanity, but the major factor in me keeping him was Matt didn't feel safe with me walking alone at 5 AM.  We had an intruder break into our house about 2 years ago.  No one was home but there was blood everywhere because Araby attacked him.  He was found and convicted, but I was very shaken up.  Our house is on a mian road in plain sight.  That night I sat down and did some research online and in the previous month we had had 12 rapes, 3 murders, over 45 assaults, 17 robberies, and 32 drug busts within 2 miles of my house.  And those are just what's reported.  I don't live in the big city.  I live in a suburb that's been voted "Best place to live in America" 3 times by Money magazine.  (Nashua, NH so all you stalkers now know where to find me)  I would love to raise kids here, but with the stuff going on I'm really contemplating moving to the boonies.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 12:02:08 pm »
wow, I am still stunned here, that is sooooo bad. Mind you if I did a research like that, I have no idea what id come up with, we might have lots of crimes here too, that I am not aware of.

So I moved to the states when Chris and I got married, I do like it here no doubt, BUT when it comes to the children and their safety, I cant help missing Sweden and how safe in comp. it is there. When I moved here I had to totally re-program my brain and start to think in a very different way than I had there, be way more on my toes and have almost turned into a paranoid mom.

I understand if you want to move before you have children.

Marit