Author Topic: I'm soo stressed out, Anyone have a vehicle stolen? Update..  (Read 8970 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: I'm soo stressed out, Anyone have a vehicle stolen?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 07:30:09 am »
Lyn, I'm really sorry this is happening to you right now.  I've never had a vehicle stolen, but I did have one burglarized, then torched.  I had just moved back to Ontario from BC, and my very first car - a 1990 Chev Sprint - was in the care of some friends of mine who were trying to sell it for me.  Some kids (I assume they were kids because adults would have chosen a car with more stealable stuff) broke into my car, stole my radio, new shifter knob (it was really cool) and some other stuff, then torched the thing!  I was so upset when my friend told me about it I cried, I loved that car!  Anyways, the kicker is, that because I was out of province and trying to sell the car, I only had Liability insurance on it, so nothing was covered.  I even had to pay to have it towed to the auto wreckers.  :'(
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Lyn

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 07:40:00 am »
London_Pyr_Lov er, That is horrible. The bank made us but fully insure our truck and I'm glad they did now. We called the OPP yesterday and they still have not found our truck. It just disappeared. :'(

I just checked every city in kijiji and nothing even remotely close. :( I hope 2 is enough.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 08:06:50 am »
You know what, I'm sure that if you just keep your chin up, it will all work out in the end.  Remember, good things happen to good people! ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Lyn

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 09:38:39 am »
The adjuster just called and did the interview over the phone. ???

She verified the police report, wanted to know the condition of the truck what options it has, the date we bought it and the dates and amounts of any reciepts we had and that was it. We have to drop off the photos, reciepts, keys, my autotrader estimates and give them the ownership since the original was in the truck.

They extended our rental until monday and told us to get looking for another vehicle asap. :'(
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 09:39:33 am by Lyn »

Lyn

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 01:03:24 pm »
Well they found our truck... cut, stripped and burnt. :'( :'( :'(  It's unrecognizable .

Here's a before and after..  :o

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: I'm soo stressed out, Anyone have a vehicle stolen? Update..
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 01:18:44 pm »
OMG!!! What in the world did they do to it???
I can't believe people  >:(
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 08:07:29 pm »
OMG!!
How the heck did they know it was yours?  VIN#?  Where did they find it?

I hope you can get a good deal out of your insurance company.

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 10:14:40 pm »
Around here they go over the border.  Sad it turned out that way.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 07:45:52 am »
I'm so sorry to hear about your truck...luckil y you had it well insured.  I don't know if you use Kelly Blue Book or something equivalent up there in Canada but it's a good way to get a value for your truck. It's what a lot of the dealerships down here use to value vehicles.  Here's a link if you want to try it and see what you get for a value in the US. Good luck I hope you can get a nice replacement.

http://www.kbb.com/
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Lyn

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 06:37:53 am »
Liz, Yes it was found in Ohsweken. On Townline I think they said.

The only pieces there are half the cab, the dash and the firewall. :'( They kept everything.. the box, motor, tranny, doors and even the frame. :'(

They ID'd it from the VIN on the firewall.

Offline goldensaint25

• Ankle Biter
  • My babies
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 10:39:46 pm »
I can not believe that!!! I have seen cars stolen before but never torn apart like that and burned. Are the cops not watching out for these people? They need to have some strict police patrol on the streets trying to catch these people because by the looks of it what else are they capable of doing? Very shocked that your dogs didnt bark at all. Well then again 2 months ago I got a new van and I took my old stereo out of my old car sat it in the very back with my amp and 12 inch subwoofer and someone came and stole it right out of my minivan!!! I went ape**it to say the least. My dogs never heard the person but it seemed really funny the same night my ex showed up here asking for me and then later my grandfathers tools were stolen in the next town over in the same night!!! Needless to say ex boyfriend did not have back windshield in his car anymore after that week was up and to this day I dont know how it got shattered.. ;)

Lyn

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 12:27:23 am »
You know.. on closer inspection I'm wondering if that's even our cab. It has a 'patch' below the side window. Our truck never had any body work on it. The GM dealer we bought it from said that was the original paint.Plus the dash doesn't appear to be ours either. Our windshield wiper control was on the turning signal thingy NOT on the dash. Hubby also pointed out that those are not our seats either. Ours had the moveable headrest. ???

It's starting to make more sense now why the firewall was not attached to the cab. I'm betting they put their firewall with their VIN on our truck. >:( Explains why it was all cut up.

In this pic you can see where our VIN is.. it's completely seperate. Forgive my messy writing, it's hard to write using the mouse. lol
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 12:29:27 am by Lyn »

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 12:18:19 pm »
I don't think I can put the words I said on here. But cheezus that is...wow. I have no words. It was very pretty though! I know that doesn't help but it was VERY nice.
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Lyn

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2007, 03:27:51 am »
Well we settled. :-\ Their first offer was $14,500 which we denied. We talked him up to $15,000 plus PST and GST. So I guess we didn't do too bad I guess. I was honestly expecting a lowball offer.. like $9,000 or something. We are paying the 15,000 on the loan plus $1000 from the taxes we got back. So we will carry over 3998 onto our new truck.. That is if we get approved for it. :-\

We get the cheque tomorrow, are going to go pay the bank then apply for this other truck. I'll keep you all posted.

I'm just glad this is over with.. Now I'm just hoping the bank will approve us for this other truck. Otherwise we will be vehicle-less until we pay off the remainder of the other loan.  :'(

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2007, 12:50:47 pm »
Lyn, I'm so sorry that happened to you. That's so crazy  :o
RIP former BPO