Author Topic: Non Profit Rescue  (Read 3432 times)

bigdogs@5501

Non Profit Rescue
« on: November 15, 2007, 02:08:35 pm »
I started the proceedings today to become a non profit rescue. This is something that I had considered many times in the past and in this past week it became apparent to me that it was the thing to do. I am not stepping into this with out careful consideration.
I have had a really bad experience with a breed specific rescue with the Pyr family. They had absolutely no interest in the dogs until they determined that the puppies were full blooded and then they wanted nothing to do with the dad. The treatment from this organization came just short of harassment.
Thankfully they will not be able to have any influence on the future of the pups or the parents.

I have a very well known animal rights attorney who is handling the incorporation, filing and paper work so I am confident that this is going to be done the right way.

Morally I know that pulling those dogs out of the shelter was the right thing to do, and that meant pulling all of them, even the dad. I also knew that if they were not full blooded Pyr pups, that I still would not have walked away, even though that particular rescue group advised me that it was the only option. Gassing a litter of 3 day old pups and the proud mother was never an option. Had I left the old man, he would have been gassed that day.

So guys, say a little prayer. I am going to need a few of those and a few well wishes. I think that I have the support that I need from some very kind and wonderful people.

Rescue is all about saving a life, even if the dog is not the cute cuddly puppy. Its about the old and the young, the pure bred and the mixes.

As soon as I am incorporated, I will share the name. I have to have approval from the State for the name and I dont have that yet and I dont want to jinx anything.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: Non Profit Rescue
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:21:26 am »
I admire you and think you are doing a wonderful thing. :) What lucky pupps!
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 01:05:11 am »
I'm glad you are doing this! You are an amazing person with such a big heart! It makes me happy knowing that those sweet little pups will have a chance at a wonderful life now because of you ;D

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 01:45:03 pm »
Best of luck in your new venture - There isn't a better person to start something like this.

I wish I lived in Texas so I could come over and help - it something I would so love to do but hubby won't even let me have a second dog...(why did i marry him???) just kidding he is a good guy who just doesn't love the mess dogs make.

Hope everything goes smoothly and quickly for you

Randy & Harley

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 08:57:28 am »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAY PAIGE!

Good luck and you know that we're here for whatever we can do! You have a large support network!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 05:33:08 am »
Yea Paige!  Good luck with the application and let me know if there is anything I can help with once you get up and running.  I can help transport or whatever. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 06:30:41 am »
Good luck with everything. How wonderful that you will be doing this--you are a true animal lover.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven