Author Topic: Nicki & Jaime's day at Yosemite  (Read 7659 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Nicki & Jaime's day at Yosemite
« on: July 28, 2005, 10:24:36 pm »
Last night Nicki got to my house around 12:30 a.m. to say a farwell to Bear and I before she leaves for Missouri. She won't admit that is where she is going but I know that is secretly the plan.  :( Anyways, we got up this morning, and in true Nicki/Jaime style, we took 3 hours to get to Yosemite which only takes 1 normally.  ;D

Here is what happened when we entered the park:
Go swimming- 1 hour which included Jaime falling into the water up to her thighs- not cute!
Drive to the village- 1 hour
Eat lunch-20 minutes to order the food and 40 minutes to get it...and it was wrong when I got it. Not to mention that I had some rude man tell me to remove my dogs since he was trying to "enjoy the park" and then I had to listen to some dumb baby scream for the entire time I was in line.  >:(
Buy flip flops- $21.50 for me due to broken skin on ankles and Nicki wanting to avoid hurt feet in the water but doing so took another 45 minutes
Walk to next swimming place- 30 minutes
Swim and play with dogs- 1 hour....and Nicki lost flip but not flop in the quicksand. We looked and looked in the mud for it but alas there was no flip to be found.   :-\
Walk to more around the park- 1 hour with Angus sinched up around my waist
Get to car- 20 minutes
Stop shortly after the car ride to swim again- 30 minutes and both Bear and Cody almost got taken away from the current.
Back in the car to the first pit stop- 30 minutes
Drive home- 45 minutes
Picked up $5 pizza for dinner- 5 minutes

All in all the day was fun filled and goofy as our trips together are. We had a blast, the boys all love each other sooo much, Angus is a pretty good boy when Mama Jaba takes over and even stopped trying to eat people for a while.  :) He even swam which is so terrific. My ankles are scratched fom my dumb shoes, Nicki has broken feet from walking around with only flop on for a while and then no shoes. We ALL stink badly and the boys are passed out! SO, here are some pics to commemorate the event!

Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline jabear

• View Profile
Re: Nicki & Jaime's day at Yosemite
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 10:25:31 pm »
A few more pics...
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline Khiori

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • SoloDancer
    • View Profile
    • Solitude
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 11:02:36 pm »
How fun!!!  I love the pictures.  The first one cracks me up - they look so excited.  :)  Sounds like you had fun despite the set backs. 

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 11:10:03 pm »
I love all the pics but the 1st two are best!!...What a great day minus the foot problems & the a** who made comment on the dogs...Kiss my butt buddy!...Go enjoy your own freakin' back yard sans dog...JERK!...Anyway, on a happier note...Your day broguht a smile to my weary, stressed out heart! :-*

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 11:36:49 pm »
I would totally be sooo happy!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 08:23:34 am »
Looks like so much fun! Zoey and I are so jealous  :D
RIP former BPO

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 08:27:16 am »
AHHHHHHHHH what agreat way to spend the day. It looks like the boys had fun. Thanks for the pic.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 08:33:27 am »
What a great time!  I wanna go next time!  Angus looks so huge in the water.  I love the pic with his head out the window!  And what is up with the paw in Cody's face? 
Bear is an absolutely proud tour guide, isn't he?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 08:53:14 am »
Those pictures are all so beautiful and really capture their spirit! Thanks for sharing them. I'm so jealous that I'm stuck here in hot, sticky, rainy, miserable Louisiana with not even a dog park close by!

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 03:32:44 pm »
Thanks Julie! I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately at the time I was so dumb founded at his comment that I could not even reply to him.  >:(
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 07:46:21 pm »
It looks like you all had a real good time. I love the pictures of them with their heads out the window.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 08:08:28 pm »
I am so jealous #1 because we are about to die with the heat and humidity here, then it storms for 2 days. #2 because we can not let Tonka off leash not even in water. Sounds like so much fun, Nicki, I agree you need to move close to Jaime and Michael so you guys can hang out more. I love all three of the boys they are so cute.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 09:33:35 pm »
I HEREBY OFFICIAL DECLAIR WAR........ IT OUGHT NOT BE ALLOWED TO POST A POST LIKE THAT, THAT MAKES ME LAUGH LIKE A TOTAL MANIAC, THEN POST PICS THAT MAKES ME CRY BECAUSE I WASNT THERE TOO. WHY OHHHHHHH WHYYYYYYYYYYYY Y DID I NOT MARRY A MAN ON THE WEST COAST lol........

Kidding girls...... The pics are sooooo great, the dogs are looking excited and I love the ones where Wangus looks like he is trying to keep at least one foot out of the water hehe. And Bear having his head on that wood and sticking his little pinky out, too cute, AND one for the book is when skinny little Jabas sit next to big brother Bear, she looks sooo tiny and Bear looks like he could eat her in one swallow lol.....

I know you had a blast and had I not been sooooo jealous I would have said, hope you get to do it again hehe. Now I know Nickers is moving there, so I KNOW you all will make me jealous about once a month or so, THAT makes me think life is not quite fair lol

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 06:37:21 am »
Great Pictures! I bet every slept good that night dogs and humans.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 08:56:10 am »
We hada blast and all of the boys did have a terrific time and were passed out cold when we got home.  ;D

Luvmymal....th at is the cutest water picture of Tonka! Looks like she loves the water.

As for being jealous....if ya'll juts moved here then there would be no problem and we could all play all the time! That is my solution so get on it people. I want to play with you and your doggies soon!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime