Author Topic: Here are some real winners from craigslist people looking to rehome there pets  (Read 2958 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Check out the spelling!!!

Rottweiler to good loving home
______________ ______________ ____________
Reply to: comm-545263141@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-01-20, 7:42AM EST
I have a male rotweiler that is @ 1 1/2 years old. this dog is very bid and is house broken as well. He is good with kids, mine are 2 and 7, but he likes to jump, he's also an exalent watch dog, a little leary around strangers sometimes, but hes very freindly once he knows you. my house is just to small for to rotts, so 'm offering this one up for adoption to someone that has the time and efffort to spend with him.adoption fee of $50.00 does apply, for more info email me

PUPPY
Reply to: comm-553192705@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-01-27, 8:25AM EST9wk old puppy needs new home.
It's crated at least 10hours a day
husband and I have no time for it anymore.

small adoption fee or none to right home.
Needs home quick!

SERIOUS PEOPLE ONLY
INCLUDE PHONE NUMBER

Re: Husky needs new home
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-02-02, 2:22PM EST
So your famliy is growing and you don't have time for this Husky. Why don't you just take your growing famliy and do what you are trying to do with this poor Husky.
What are dog owner's thinking of if you don't want to have a dog then DON'T own one and you won't have to go through pounding off your dogs becouse you can't take care of them or your famliy is more inportant! Well guess what when owning a pet that is your famliy too or you think the pet is an item!!!

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Looking for a good home for our Dog
Reply to: comm-568420099@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-09, 1:50PM EST
Hello, We have a mixed terrier who is cute as a button, I recently had a child, and my so is allergic to her, so unfortunately the dog needs to go. We have had 12 good years with her, and I really would love to see her go to someone who can spend time with her, and she really needs room to run. If anyone knows of anyone who has a farm or a home with a large yard, we would love for you to come and meet with her. Please let me know if you are interested. I really need someone as soon as possible. I cannot even bring her in the house anymore, we have installed a furnace in our fully finished garage for her, but this is no kind of life for a dog who has always been welcome into our home. Thank you so much. We are not looking for any kind of money, just a good home for our Brandi.

4 YR OLD LAB MIX MALE*** FREE TO GOOD HOME
Reply to: comm-568239507@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-09, 11:05AM EST
I have a Lab mix that is FREE TO A GOOD HOME ONLY. We are having a baby and no longer have room for him. He is great with children; great on a leash; gets along with cats and other dogs. He is up to date on shots. Please email me for more information.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 01:54:20 am by marinafb »
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Ok way to piss me right off! Especially The 12 year old Brandy. What the *#%$ is wrong with these people?

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Yeah, "we've had 12 good years with her..." now we are looking for someone to watch her become frail, old, fragile, sickly and expensive. YOU make the end of life decisions - we had the 12 GOOD years.

Losers.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
At least "too much work and too demanding on my time" is HONEST. I get more pissed off at people who are "doing the best thing for [our] precious pet".
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
AHHH that makes me so mad! How can people move and not bring their pets. When I moved my cat came with me. Now we are moving again and Harley and the cat are coming with us duh! It took us a month to find a place that would accept pets, but who cares they are coming with us no question about it!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
We have rental properties & I screen all the applicants.  I wish I had a dollar to donate to rescues for every person that's called about a rental ad & prefaced their pet policy questions with "but I don't have to bring him/her/them, I could just give them away."  Agh!  >:(  I like my husband's comment about this the best.  He says that if the caller doesn't show more responsibility & commitment than that to a family member, then he'd hate to see how they'll treat our property.  If only they knew that statement immediately nixes them to us animal lovers.  ::)  >:(

I feel so bad for those poor pups.  I just hope that someone that they are adopted by someone that appreciates them, but sadly I know that's a long shot.   :'(
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
In the words of Rasputin "Grrrrrrr..."  I moved a little over a year ago and had to put my kid in a "foster home" for a little under 4 months  :-[  It almost killed me!!!!  I went over every weekend until we BOTH moved in with my husband at our forever home.  :D :D

Offline Jet

• Gnawer
  • you need a saddle for that dog!
    • View Profile
Sooo sad! :(
We love GSD'S

Nicole

Yeah, those totally blow. People suck. I'm with Jenn on the ultra non-professionalism I would have to personify if someone offered to dump their pets to live in one of our rentals.

That 12 year old one is sad, but I guess I don't know what else they can do if the child has horrible allergies. I would hate to be faced with that situation.

And Stella, thanks! :) I would SO get that 9 year old Dane in a HEARTBEAT if I weren't almost 7 mos. pregnant. I feel SO BAD for the older ones. And I know that I can give them what they need for their remaining years. It would just be too much to ask of Mark right now, being that he would be the one carrying the elderly one outside if it came to that. :( He carried Mabel down our 3 flights of stairs for weeks until we moved into our new house.

*sniff*