Author Topic: My feelings were kind of hurt (rant)  (Read 5593 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: My feelings were kind of hurt (rant)
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 08:22:41 am »
My Dad and brother is the only one in my family that understands that I love my dogs like kids.  I get a hard time from family and friends both about what am I going to do with the dogs when I have kids.  What do you mean?  I am going to do nothing, nothing will change for them except they will have a live in little person to love.  My brother has started to pave a way to reality with my family since he has a new baby and three large dogs.

My Grandma is convinced that my brother's dogs will eat my nephew if they ever lay him down on the floor or put him in a baby swing.  But she also believes that since my dogs sleep with me that they might decide to attack me in my sleep.  My stepmom has never been around big dogs so her fears are to be expected but she goes into shock anytime I talk about them being in the house.  They live in the house, where else would they be.

My sister is whole different story.  She likes Rocco, hates Maia, don't know why!?  She likes Rocco but she wants to pet him then have him leave her alone.  Well, Rocco loves her and wants to follow her and be with her.  Therefore, my sister has only come to my house twice in 2 years.  Oh well, we have fun without her.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 08:41:00 am »
I tell you what I told my sister who treated me the same way, "We are not kids anymore. Grow up!"

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 12:57:11 pm »
That is too bad that she feels that way.  Tell her to get over herself.

My family thinks I spend too much time with my dogs, and not enough time doing other things (mostly doing housework..... ......hey, I'd rather be having fun with the dogs).  My mom has tried to butt in with her opinion on my training methods.  I finally had to tell her that she (only had one dog at that point) was my dog, and I would train her how I saw fit.  If she turns out horribly, then you can say something, but until then, keep quiet.  She has not given any suggestions since.  And Keiko is one of the most well behaved dogs I've ever seen, and I'm not just saying that b/c she's mine, either........ ..lol   ::)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 10:37:59 pm »
My brother and I could'nt be anymore opposite.
He get's a Pony for Christmas and worries about what he's going to do with the manure!
I get a sack of horse manure and start looking for my new Pony!
Follow your heart. Love your babies, provide for them, kick it up to God, and you will be taken care of.
Our animals love us without conditions.
There can be no greater love than that.
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman