Author Topic: Oriental Shorthair  (Read 3022 times)

lorim2

Oriental Shorthair
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:19:37 pm »
Just wanted to share on of the kitties I am taking care of for a few weeks.  His name is Percy and he is a Oriental.  I have never seen one of these before and honestly was a little freaked out...or maybe just surprised..hah a Anyway he looks a little thin in the pic but hes really not..He is one awesome cat and I have fell in love!!

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: Oriental Shorthair
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 06:33:44 pm »
I just love the oriental cats - they look so elegant.  Just don't tell my cobby mama's girl that I said that!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 06:38:12 pm »
Lori, Percy sure is a cutie!  Are the Orientals the ancestor to the Siamese because he sure does look Siamesey (is that even a word)? 

By the way, I love the new avatar of Laney.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 07:04:25 pm »
Very nice looking oriental.

Yeah, they have the siamese in their heritage I believe.  Def. a more traditional siamese look to them, but the ones I've usually seen are solid colored although they can have pointed markings (tabby points).

lorim2

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 07:38:10 pm »
haha I think because he knew he was freaking me out so he followed me everywhere and if I sat, he sat on me, if I moved, he came with me.  After one hour there, I was wanting to take him home with me!!  Yes the are of siamese decent somehow..His parents are both show cats but the lady that owns him said they cant show solid black ones so they gave him to her..Darn it, wish I knew those ppl! ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 08:01:28 pm »
wow.  how exotic.  what's Percy like?  is he cuddley like other cats? 

lorim2

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 09:53:37 am »
OMG...I think you gave me her email before but not sure if I can locate it.  If you could forward that over again I will def email her..Thanks!!