Author Topic: DUKE!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7131 times)

Offline audi

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
DUKE!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 22, 2008, 05:07:58 pm »
Duke needs some help RIGHT NOW!!!

I worked VERY hard to get Duke and his brother Barkas away from their owner who was not feeding them and was mistreating them. They were taken by animal control after some work.

The problem is that Duke is a pit bull/boxer mix. Don't let his breed scare you! He has been around MANY dogs and he is a sweetheart! He is a ball of energy and just wants attention. He has not an aggressive bone in his body. I NEEEED a rescue or foster for him RIGHT NOW!!! The shelter cannot keep him past this next week (10/26-30/08). I'm worried here. If you don't really care that is fine, but please at least pass this on to someone who DOES care!!!

I don't mind if you are out of the WESTERN IL area...but please contact me. And don't expect me to just hand him over to you. Yes, I desperately need a place for him to go, but I'm not going to let him go back to some low-life, dead-beat when he just came from one of those!! Duke has NEVER been in a stable, loving home. His first home almost beat him to death, and his second him (previous home) beat him and didn't feed him! I just need a FOSTER (temporary) HOME UNTIL JANUARY!!!! THEN HE IS GOING TO A RESCUE. FOREVER HOMES ARE WELCOME AS WELL...BUT I MEAN JUST THAT...**FOREVER** HOMES WHO ARE GOING TO TAKE CARE OF HIM AND LOVE HIM **FOREVER**!!

Duke will be fully vetted before he goes ANYWHERE!!!

Please contact me right away!!!!!!
audipap5@gmail.com
309 333 2454

Thanks!

>:( :-\ ??? :'(

Offline AmyM

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: DUKE!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:04:17 pm »
I know you don't know me....My name is Amy and maybe I can help you..... I live in Pa and am willing to help and drive to pick up.   Have 4 but willing to foster.  One westie- if you think he or she can get along with a little one, lets go with it? (I am always up for a challenge) What ever you decide....good luck.  I know what your going through...Went through a transport of " two golden retrievers" and ended up keeping them because they weren't goldens.  I kept them because....the y knew nothing but 3 by 5 cage for about 12 years and died with me, in my house with great respect and with great VALUE.  Good luck with what ever you decide.

Amy
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 03:18:04 pm by AmyM »

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 03:08:39 pm »
Amy, edit your post and send her a PM. This board is readable to the general public not just board members. JMO.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline AmyM

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 03:14:58 pm »
Thanks, how do I send her a PM?  Ignorance...wh at can I say?

Offline AmyM

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 03:22:53 pm »
the other thing is I have only have had two posts.....but on my "profile" there are eight.....humm mmm now I am worried.......

Offline AmyM

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:49:45 am »
This is Amy,

I have posted in the general discussion.... .. in your plight. Do not give up hun.  I believe in you....You did the right thing.  We will make every effort to make this work. Right BIG PAWS???????

I cannot do this rescue due to the fact that Duke needs a foster home that he can be a real dog in.  I have a 130 pound dog that will not help in this situation.(The big boob that he is....we are working on it)  Also, ordinances state that I cannot take more than 5 animals and to my frustration, I am at that limit and did not realize it.

You must convince your animal control officer to give us enough time to place him in the RIGHT foster home until January, YOU MUST!!!!  For every rule, there is an exception.  Break the rules!!!!(Not the LAW)  Time is needed, period.

In the meantime, you MUST convince your mom to give him some time.  You might be able to convince your mom that not all pit or pit mixes are bad.  Train him in front of your mom.  Convince her right in front of HER.  I don't know your situation, but I believe in you.  You CAN do this. And I am thinking of you, and I believe in YOU!!!!

All the best sweetheart.  You are dear to me.  YOU ARE DOING THE VERY BEST YOU CAN and you are what big paws are all about, and frankly it may not be enough, but we will try to make your dream come true.

Amy

Offline audi

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 02:56:27 pm »
Hi Amy.

I am at my city limit as well. We can only have 2 in my town. I have two dogs of my own, but I can probably get an exception for this one time. I'm getting a dog in from Mexico (that is going to the rescue that Duke is scheduled to go to in Jan) because this dog has been on the waiting list longer than Duke. But I'm going to see how this dog gets along with Marley (my dog) and if things go okay, I might see if I can convince my mom to let me foster this mexico dog and send Duke in his place to my friend's rescue. I'll see. I know Duke can't stay here. I want to get him out of my town asap. His previous owner would come and STEAL him if he knew he was still in town. It's just not safe. And Duke NEEDS Sam (my friend).

I am really trying the best I can. Thank you for your help though!

Audi