Author Topic: I have to go on vacation  (Read 2971 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
I have to go on vacation
« on: August 14, 2005, 11:19:29 pm »
 :'( :'( okay so most people love to go on vacation, All I can feel is how aggrevated and ill I am. We are going to in laws condo at the beach A NO PET CONDO, so have spent today, arranging for Zeus and Hera, Trouble, the "foster" cats, the bird, the degus and the fishtank. One friend is going to come here and take care of the cats and the other little pets. Zeus and Hera are going to be with another close friend and I know they will be super fine with him. Galahad though, he is still just a baby and I can not bear to leave him and not see him in 4 or 5 days. Soooooo we have him booked into a spa/resort for dogs there, we will pick him up every day and spend a lot of time with him, and hopefully he basically just has to sleep there. AND I am packing a BIIIIG bag with his stuff so he will feel at home.

Anyway I have one bag for Galahad, one bag for Hera and Zeus, I am packing for the kids (well Malin is actually packing herself lol) I have been writing loooong instructions to the two people who are taking care of all our animals. I have told family I am bringing puter and dont want to hear a word about how having a dog there all the time, is going to complicate things. The beach is off limits for dogs between 9 am and 5 pm.......... Sooooo I will have to get up like super early and have arranged with the doggy resort that I can pick him up earlier than what they usually open so we can spend time at the beach with him.

In the middle of all these arrangments, hubby came home with two grocery bags full of ripe tomatoes he had gotten from a friend who apperantly had way too many in his garden. Sooooooo I had to make stewed tomatoes too, I was just too thrilled hehe. And to top this wonderful sunday off we had to go feed mils puppies and their mommy, ohhhhhhh and did I mention IN LAWS ARE GOING TO BE AT THE CONDO, COULD I BE ANY LUCKIER....... .. I AM IN EXTACY I CANT WAIT TO SPEND 4 DAYS IN A TWO BEDROOM CONDO WITH ALL THE KIDS ME CHRIS AND IN LAWS WOW WOW WOW

Like I said most people get happy over a vacation, this vacation is from he.. and I am NOT looking forward to it.

:D :D the good news is, I can log on here every day and get to vent (poor you all lol) and I wont have to miss you all too much.

Now it is 1 am and I have to can the friggin tomatoes and make sure all kids, two and four legged have everything packed and then I think it might be time to take a shower and pretend I had a good nights sleep and leave lol..... I want to leave 4 am, that way we get there in time to spend at least 1 hour on the beach with Galahad before 9.

Talk to you tomorrow

nighty night

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: I have to go on vacation
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 12:59:25 pm »
Yeah, sounds like ALOT of fun.  Wish I was there......... ..NOT.

Hope you find some way of relaxing and having fun anyhow.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 02:42:21 pm »
you can always tell your in laws you don't speak English.  :)   That's what Grace would do. Lady would just aim her butt end at someone.

Come back SOON! 

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 02:47:30 pm »
Get sick.  I mean nasty sick.  Tell them you will sacrifice and not go.  That they shouldn't ruin their fun, just go without you.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 03:47:37 pm »
Get sick.  I mean nasty sick.  Tell them you will sacrifice and not go.  That they shouldn't ruin their fun, just go without you.

Yep...... I should have, BUT they have it figured out, I have "gotten sick" too many times  ::) even once when they all were going to Florida for a funeral, that time I had the stomach flu  :-\

Had it not been for my two legged kids, I would never go on a vacation again lol....

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 03:56:23 pm »
LOL we missed you and glad that you are back
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)