Author Topic: Holy Blizzard!  (Read 6388 times)

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Holy Blizzard!
« on: January 10, 2009, 08:58:30 am »
It's coming down good here in SE Michigan.  I hear we're expecting about 7 inches.  How's it looking elsewhere?

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Blizzard!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 09:03:47 am »
more....

Offline kpost

• Gnawer
  • My Boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 09:07:09 am »
Its crazy here outside cleveland Ohio. I haven't checked our forecast yet but the roads are awful. I wish Beau would play it he is such a pre-madonna  its hard enough to convince him to go potty in this stuff. He does like to eat it though.
~Kim
Mother of 2 young girls ages 5 & 8
Wife of 1 great man
A dog lover but I am biased towards Mastiffs
6 yr. old male brindle Mastiff Rescue named Beau (my Velcro dog)
< 1 yr. Old Male Fawn Mastiff Named Sanuk
10 year old chihuahua named Zoomer
1 yr old Blue fronted Amazon named Kitty

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 06:13:05 pm »
I got some grocery shopping done in the morning before it hit really hard.  Then we spent most of the afternoon alternating between shoveling the driveway and sidewalks and playing in the backyard.  And then unfortunately, I had to drive downtown to work - about 20 miles.  I wish I had 4WD!  Come to think of it, a snowblower would've been been nice too!  At least I have strong young sons who like to help out! 

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 07:16:15 pm »
Not much different just across the border from you. Great pics!!! The boys had fun playing in the snow today too, but Mom was too cold to go take any pics:)
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

jesday

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 07:24:59 am »
Love the bubs and kids pics!

We are having a 'records' year in Spokane WA. Record snow fall - Then what they call the pineapple express came through and melted 60% of it in one day causing record flooding - then temps back into low 20's causing record ice from record flooding - now temps warming again causing record slush.

Oh, and didn't mention record roof collapses from record snow. All flat roof business and no one hurt, but Gosh O'mighty. :o

The upside is the roof collapses caused record part-time employment for anyone wishing to join crews to shovel snow off roofs. Starting at $20 an hour. I'm sure many businesses had record losses for last month however, because they had to close the stores until snow removal.

Okay, I'll stop.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 12:12:03 pm »
very pretty.   i know it's cold and windy this time of year, but it can be beautiful.   it looks about the same here on the other side of the state.  we have a winter storm advisory for tomorrow night.  i think we may have gotten a few inches today, but it was that full, fluffy snow minus the wind and ice.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 08:12:27 am »
They were predicting 6 to 10" this weekend & you know what we got??? Freezing rain! >:( So now all we do is fall down steps trying to beat the ice off of them. Please send us some snow!!!

PS loved the pics and am so jeolous!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties