Author Topic: Lookie how cool...  (Read 4321 times)

Nicole

Lookie how cool...
« on: August 23, 2005, 10:25:35 am »
So, we were floating around on the Galien River this weekend, and we noticed this guy on the windshield of our boat...isn't he cool?

Nicole

Re: Lookie how cool...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 10:52:28 am »
Here's another one of him after we released him

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 11:05:11 am »
hehe very cool.  I love his color.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 11:08:06 am »
I know...his yellow legs were super cool. And he had suction cups on his feet! He was way cool.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 11:48:22 am »
I love frogs!...Not the average bullfrog variety but cute little guys like that!!...He looks like the tree frogs we have here...I find them hanging around on my deck all the time!....So cute!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 11:53:47 am »
I love frogs!...Not the average bullfrog variety but cute little guys like that!!...He looks like the tree frogs we have here...I find them hanging around on my deck all the time!....So cute!

we get so many on the front step that you almost have to clear a path to take the dogs out.  I'm frankly on overkill with the frogs and toads.  Grace, on the other paw, loves them.  she sticks her nose at them and snorts.  they jump and she jerks back and pounces.  It's really funny.  I'd get a video but they are only out at night and you can't see anyway.  Although I did see some this morning...but she didn't want to play with him since she was on a mission.

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 12:09:33 pm »
So do  you guys think that was a tree frog? I'd never seen anything like him before. He looked so exotic to me! hahahaha! I'm used to the little brownish ones or the big fat toads.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 12:12:08 pm »
awwww hes cute.....hope he is not a posionous tree frog from South America?!?!?!?   That would be scarey....

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 12:21:16 pm »
So do  you guys think that was a tree frog? I'd never seen anything like him before. He looked so exotic to me! hahahaha! I'm used to the little brownish ones or the big fat toads.
we get little green tree frogs. 

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 12:22:43 pm »
Yeah, if he had suction cups on his feet, he was a tree frog.  I never knew they were in the US much, especially up north, but my parent in MN even have tree frogs.

We have toads here.  Gunther once refused to come inside our back door b/c there was a good sized toad in the doorway.  He was scared of a little toad the size of a baseball.  He would get no closer than 3 ft, and then just look from the toad to me to the toad, waiting for me to move it.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 12:24:45 pm »
Yeah, if he had suction cups on his feet, he was a tree frog.  I never knew they were in the US much, especially up north, but my parent in MN even have tree frogs.

We have toads here.  Gunther once refused to come inside our back door b/c there was a good sized toad in the doorway.  He was scared of a little toad the size of a baseball.  He would get no closer than 3 ft, and then just look from the toad to me to the toad, waiting for me to move it.

Lady thinks the toads are rude and wants to kill them but hates when they leap and hit her in the nose.  Grace is fearless that way and is right in their little faces.  I'm surprised she hasn't nabbed one yet.  I think I'd loose it if she did. 

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 12:25:15 pm »
Ok. I assumed he was a tree frog since he had the suction cup tootsies.