Author Topic: I'm takin' a trek down to West Virginia  (Read 9134 times)

lins_saving_grace

I'm takin' a trek down to West Virginia
« on: August 23, 2005, 12:45:44 pm »
Last week of September ... we're packing up the bikes...UNFORT UNATELY boarding the dogs...and riding down to see Mom and Dad.  Should be fun to see the old stompin' grounds and learn to understand the old southern accent again.  :)  So September 24-30th I am officially on vacation in the Ohio Valley, Fairmont and wherever else the wind takes us. 

lins_saving_grace

Re: I'm takin' a trek down to West Virginia
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 12:52:27 pm »
LINS!!!  You need to come further SOUTH!!!  That way we can get together and you can give Kizmet lots of kisses!!! 

Mom and Dad live in Fairmont!  Not too far from Parkersburg.  I've already informed my husband that we will need to stop in Parkersburg!

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 12:55:22 pm »
Very cool! We have a road trip this week, leaving friday morning the 26th for a wedding upstate 500 miles away by Niagra Falls. Billy's sister will take care of all my critters. We'll be back sunday the 28th. I should take monday off!!
Carolyn
Carolyn

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 12:58:55 pm »
Too bad you have to board the girls ... I'm sure we could wreek (sp???) TONS of havoc. LOL
I know...my heart is broken. :( 

for crying out loud ... what county is Fairmont in?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 12:59:27 pm »
Very cool! We have a road trip this week, leaving friday morning the 26th for a wedding upstate 500 miles away by Niagra Falls. Billy's sister will take care of all my critters. We'll be back sunday the 28th. I should take monday off!!
Carolyn

I'd love to see the falls. :)  Take me with?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 01:06:52 pm »
I remembered wood county surprisingly.. .and Tyler and not many others apparently.  But Marion escaped me.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 01:08:47 pm »
so if we go through Wheeling on I-70 and follow the river to Parkersburg we can head over to Mom and Dad's from there.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 01:10:06 pm »
of course...that's where all the ski resorts are.  Greenbriar Ski Resort...isn't it?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 01:17:27 pm »
Well ... there's Winterplace Ski Resort (in Greenbrier I think) and then THE Greenbrier -- a spa/golf/fine dining/fancy schmancy resot.  Yes, Greenbrier is where all the rich people live AND vacation.

I was thinking SnowShoe

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 01:30:53 pm »
Too bad you have to board the girls ... I'm sure we could wreek (sp???) TONS of havoc. LOL

too bad Lady and Grace can't come...but I can't wait to meet Kizmit! 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 01:34:01 pm »
Oh yeah!!!  I forget about SnowShoe, and Timberline.  I've actually never been to either ... just Winterplace b/c they have the BEST pizza, and they have snowtubing.
I almost miss WVa for its scenery!  Pipe Steam and Babcock were always my favorites.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 01:49:56 pm »
I LOVE the scenery here.  You can't get prettier than anywhere on the New River. 
I took a train ride there once.  I was about 8 and I doubt it still runs anymore.  The things you remember from almost 30 years ago.  Then we went to the New River and hung out there.  Mom still has these pictures. 

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 03:24:07 pm »
Lins, what about the side-cars? Just get them now, and then you can take Lady and Grace! hahahahaha!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 03:27:30 pm »
Hey!!  I'm in Beckley on 9/9-9/12.  Rafting the Gauley.  Come on Lins!  We'll have a big ol' party!

Watch out Jenn - I may have to steal kisses from Kizmet!!  Are there more pictures floating around of that precious creature?? 

smohr

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 03:53:35 pm »
Hey!  I'm a West Virginian and from Parkersburg (or P-burg if you're from here)