Author Topic: its 2 07am and i can't sleep  (Read 2801 times)

nickerbokker

its 2 07am and i can't sleep
« on: August 25, 2005, 03:08:48 am »
but rest assured....the dogs are fast asleep and farting up a storm!  its quite funny actually....th ey are like a band. 

you get a long low one, the a quick high one, then a wet medium one...then two at once.....

what is going on in those bellies of theirs??????

maybe it food switching time lol!  my goodness!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: its 2 07am and i can't sleep
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 03:26:48 am »
join the club!!!!  Still playing solitare...lol

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 09:29:43 am »
Wow, I wish I had known. I could have shared this story.

Shortly before 2, I was sleeping fitfully, the puppy Donut was whining a bit in the kitchen.  On the breezway right outside the kitchen were my other two foster, Deuce and Fluffy, with them were Lucy and Bella, two more rescues I was keeping overnight.  Earl and Kendra were sleeping in my room.

Donut's whining was not enough to really wake me, but suddenly the whining turned into a puppy yapping, then into mutliple puppies yapping, Earl and Kendra answered. Suddenly I had seven dogs in my hallway raising h*ll. Stupid PupDaddy had not closed the door tight enough. Kendra had not met Bella, so she wanted to kill the strange dog in HER house.

Well I corraled Kendra, herded the puppies out, walked Donut, cleaned up a fresh present someone left me, a less fresh present I had missed earlier, and mopped up two wet spots.

Kendra was on guard for the rest of the night. 6:00 came real early!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 11:39:50 am »
I think it was a rough night for everyone!  I went to bed after hubby (was chatting with Nickers) and figured Ranger would be okay for the night.  BIG mistake!  About 3:00 a.m., we wake up to the sound of Ranger peeing.  We put him outside and clean up the mess.  Then hubby refuses to let him sleep in the bedroom and crates him, which upset me greatly.  Anyway, Ranger hasn't slept in his crate for 5 months now, so he barked....and barked.....and barked.  I think I might have gotten a total of 3 hours of sleep.  I'm in desperate need of a nap and can hardly stay awake!

Offline daynakb

• Gnawer
  • This is Klaus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 12:19:34 pm »
Must have been a rough night for everyone!  I wasn't feeling well Tuesday and most of Wednesday.  Went to bed early Tuesday night and slept all day Wednesday.  Klaus slept right along with me the whole time.  Finally got out of bed about 6:30 pm yesterday.  Played with Klaus, did some things around the house and tried to lay down again around 10:30 pm.  Couldn't sleep, tossed and turned.  About 1:30 am realized Klaus was awake and playing in the living room so I got up to check.  Apparently he also had slept too long, was wide awake and had gotten bored and decided my couch cushion would make a good playmate!  There were little pieces of foam everywhere!  Luckily he apparently just nipped at it again and again so there's just a small bit missing and it's in the corner that goes toward the back of the couch so you can't tell.

Of course, that got my adrenaline going (scolding the dog and cleaning up the mess) so I was wide awake.  I needed to stay up anyway so I could mess with Klaus until he got tired so he wouldn't tear up anymore furniture!  Oh well, I need new furniture anyway.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 12:40:36 pm »
Hope you are feeling better