Author Topic: Lady is limping  (Read 5740 times)

lins_saving_grace

Lady is limping
« on: August 26, 2005, 07:27:42 am »
I'm not sure why...but Lady is favoring her back leg...only until about 9pm though.  It's almost like it falls asleep and she doesn't want to walk on it.  Last night she limpped around till about 9 pm...and this morning she seems ok.  She's going in to visit the vet this morning though since she seems to be sensitive there. 
I've been letting her sleep on the bottom of her crate since she tears up her pillows...but last night I put a big fat pillow in there and she isn't as bad this morning about walking.  I'd like to get her looked at though cuz she has a spot that seems to hurt.

Icerotti

Re: Lady is limping
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 07:30:30 am »
Oh dear Lady. Hope everything is ok. Hugs and kisses from Farley & Puck :-* :-* ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 10:59:24 am »
Lady has a torn ligament.  she has to be on bed rest till Tuesday.  :)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 11:00:37 am »
& you will wait on the Lady hand & paw! ;D I hope she is better soon!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 11:04:08 am »
& you will wait on the Lady hand & paw! ;D I hope she is better soon!
I definately will.  I took the water bowl to the couch the other day so she could get a drink.  I spoil them so bad.  Sounds like she'll be fine.  thanks

dohertyswissy

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 11:09:32 am »
OMG...poor Lady.  Hang in there little one!

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 11:25:29 am »
Not like she will get spoiled or anything ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 11:26:52 am »
she won't get spoiled at all.   ::)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 05:09:22 pm »
Oh poor Lady!  I hope she's feeling better soon!  (I'm sure the spoilings will really help her get better!!)  ::)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 05:23:05 pm »
poor Lady, she needs all the spoiling she can get  :D Hera had the same thing after the incident when that mutt dug his way into my back yard and they played too hard or something. Anyway she didnt even use that leg at all, the vet gave her anti inflamatory and put her on bedrest for a week, she was fine before than, so thats when it started to get real difficult to keep her calm  ;D

Lots of slobbers to Lady

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 05:23:35 pm »
Which ligament is torn and how severe is the tear?  I ask because the cruciate ligament, when torn, can require surgery.  I'm sure your vet knows the ropes, though.  Greta has a cruciate ligament tear.  It's an old injury and wouldn't you know it had to be on the opposite hind leg as her hip fracture.  So, when she limps it is because of the cruciate ligament in her knee and not the bad hip.  I looked into repairing the cruciate, but opted after a long debate that it is better not to put her through it.  She tore it over four years ago and has not torn the other one.  They say that sometimes they tear both and then it is best to do surgery.  But for Greta's problem there is a special surgery called TPLO surgery.  I will post more about this for everyone's reference in the articles, reference forum.

One thing I do for Greta is massage.  I think it really helps with the healing to increase circulation and relax the beastie a bit. ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 09:01:50 am by moonlitcroatia »
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 05:26:33 pm »
awwww poor lady..how do you bed rest a dog?

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 05:35:08 pm »
awwww poor lady..how do you bed rest a dog?

Cut a hole in the floor.  Lower a hammock into the hole and attach it securely with large bolts at both ends.  Lower the dog into the hammock so that he/she has only head poking up above floor level.  Put sausage links on an electric train at floor level and turn on.  The train will go round and round and the dog will not be able to thrash about, but still get a lot of neck exersize.  ;D
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2005, 08:32:46 am »
you are funny moon.
I hope you feel better soon Lady!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 09:15:28 am »