Author Topic: This has got to stop!!!  (Read 5678 times)

Offline connolly

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
This has got to stop!!!
« on: April 21, 2005, 01:04:24 pm »
What is it with the threatening animals lately??? Sick Sick Sick. This is on eBay and I really hope they can arrest the guy.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3971074586  What is wrong with people? That thing with the bunny was bad enough. It is not funny but very upsetting. I think I will go out and garden and leave my lap top for awhile. The Saint Bernards group is getting ebay to cancell it but really someone should step on the owner of the dog!
The older I get the less I know

Offline connolly

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: This has got to stop!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 01:14:00 pm »
Probably shoulld not have posted that. Just ignore the idiot. Sorry about that, it's just that puppy's little face with the gun at it's head flipped me out. And the lister has "people who love animals peta" on the site. Aren't they the ones trying to get rid of "vicious" dogs? Can't imagine why a dog would be vicious if it has guns pointed at it's head!!!
The older I get the less I know

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 06:16:12 pm »
I agree! Between the puppy mills, ridiculous "vicious dog laws" trying to get approved, PETA, and practical jokers that simulate hurting innocent pets....someth ing has to be done. What in the world makes people think that they can treat animals any way they want and get away with it? Grr....somethi ng has to be done.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 07:51:35 pm »
I must have missed this, tried to click on the link, but it said it had been removed, so could not see what it is about. But it definately sounds like something I would want to know about. Animal protection and the laws that are supposed to protect our beloved fourlegged friends are topics that are very near and dear to my heart. So if anyone could, please inform me what this with a gun to a puppies head is about.

Thanks

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Malishiku

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Airreyalis - Malinois & Shikoku
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 08:14:04 pm »
Peta says they are "for" the animals. However, I honestly think they make things worse more often then making them better.

Peta is EVIL! I hate them, with a passion.

By the way, I found a "breeder" who is actually a "puppy producer" or "backyard breeder". I wonder if I can somehow get her to stop...the only way to do this though is to have people stop buying dogs from her. She may appear to be a nice lady and sure she seems to "care" for her dogs...aside from the fact that she is breeding them like crazy! Maybe I'm just over-reacting? Let's see her oldest dog just had a litter last October and is expecting another litter in May. She has two more bitches expecting litters in June AND July! Ah! She sales them for like $1,500 / $2,000 and they go to their new home At 7 weeks!

She doesn't even do anything with her dogs...a few "best in shows" whoop-de-doo.

I'm sorry...I went on a tangent. So, what can we devise that IS in the best interest of the animal? I mean, we can't tell them what to do...

...can we?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 08:15:47 pm by Silverstorm »
=(^ - ^)= / ) Corina A. Gonzalez
www.airreyalis .com
Belgian Malinois & Shikoku Ken

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 08:28:30 pm »
Thank's for the information, and please read my post "TEARS ARE FALLING....... ..." No I know what you mean, many many times I feel like just pulling a blanket over my head and forget about all the horrible things that happens to the animals. But I cant, we cant -  because by doing that we just let it happen without at least trying to make our voices heard. and we are the animals voice, they can not speak for themselves. I totally agree with what you say about PETA, I have heard so many things about what they really stand for, and let me tell you -  I have been active in animal rights in both Sweden, England and now here in the US, and what they stand for is nothing I want to support, their front is all good and you think ohhh good a group who is working for the rights of the animals. But after having spoke to a lot of people, it seems like they are not at all the kind of org. as they want you to believe.

But if we get together, we CAN make a difference - please if you feel like it, cross post the
http://www.pet-abuse.com to all the groups you may be in, to all your friends and lets try and really once and for all, do whatever we can to make that difference that is sooooo badly needed.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Moonhawksowl

• Gnawer
  • Gandalf & Freya raw food dogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 10:58:53 am »
All I got to say is that I agree, I dislike PETA Most of them don't know what theyer talking about,
A Girls Best Friend Is Her Rottweiller:)& Horses!!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 11:14:29 pm »
What in the world makes people think that they can treat animals any way they want and get away with it?

Immature, angry people who feed into society's mind games and the media's tug-of-war scandal and gossip.  If we glance around we see that even those we are "supposed" to be able to respect and look up to resort to an abuse of power as the immediate answer.  Too many people have too much and don't appreciate life at a fundamental level...everyt hing is a hassle for them and everyone and everything is in their way, constantly trying to ruin their narcissistic lives.  Everything from biological urges to "mommy didn't breast feed me long enough" is used as an excuse for an individual failing to take responsibility for his/her own actions...and for kicking the dog.

I'm glad the ebay listing was invalid when I tried to look.  I've seen so many horrible things and every time I am reminded I feel such a revolting feeling toward society's collective acceptance of such atrocities.

It's a shame we are not allowed to stage a coup and stone these individuals.  The world would be a better place after the annihilation of waste-of-space, cruel ogres who abuse and torture for pleasure little puppies, little kids, little frogs, kitties, goats, deer, snakes........ .............. .............. .............. .............. .............. .............. .............. .............. .............. .............. .............. .............. .............. .............. ........... >:(
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 11:18:55 pm by moonlitcroatia »
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 11:21:53 pm »
OK!  Stoning them is a bit harsh!  Granted, those with an obsolete empathetic gland (imaginary term) should be treated kindly and shielded from violence as well.  I think a pleasant sedative before a lethal injection will do just fine!  For some people, I believe there is no reprieve!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner