Author Topic: Kuvasz just surrendered to MSPCA  (Read 13661 times)

Offline kuvaszman

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Kuvasz just surrendered to MSPCA
« on: September 23, 2005, 02:43:30 am »
I just had to surrender my 3 yr old Kuvasz to the MSPCA in Jamaica Plain.  If anyone is interested in this rare breed check her out.  She is spayed, about 28inches high and 65 lbs.  I would love to see her go somewhere.  Pure White large working dog.  Makes a great watch dog too.
 :(

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Kuvasz just surrendered to MSPCA
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 02:47:04 am »
I just had to surrender my 3 yr old Kuvasz to the MSPCA in Jamaica Plain.  If anyone is interested in this rare breed check her out.  She is spayed, about 28inches high and 65 lbs.  I would love to see her go somewhere.  Pure White large working dog.  Makes a great watch dog too.
 :(
Ty for the heads up...May I ask why you had to give her up?...Can you tell us a little more about her & her background?...Hopefully someone here can help. :)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 03:00:47 am »
Hi,

Please tell us why you surrendered her. Be honest, those of us who may be interested have small children. She sounds small or under weight. Is she a purebred? Does she have papers? Why wouldn't her breeder take her back? I have a 5 mo. old Kuvasz. I do know people who would take her if I could not. Also where are you located? Getting her pulled could take days. I always worry when someone puts any adult guardian dog in a kennel or ties them up...the can really become viscious.

Please, please, respond... you can send a private message if you do not want all of the answers disclosed on the board. BUT PLEASE BE COMPLETELY HONEST. No one here will judge you, only help you and your dog.

Thanks,
Deena

P.S. What's her name?

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 03:02:22 am »
Poor baby! We would like to help. Any more info would be great.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 03:02:45 am »
Kuvaszman,

I will need to be offline for a few hours this afternoon... but will check your response latter.

Deena

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 01:07:59 pm »
bump!...Let us help you & your Kuv!!...Please answer our inquries! :) & to any intererested Jamaica Plains is in MA.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 01:13:09 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 03:40:23 pm »
If anyone is close by, maybe they can call and get more information on this furbaby. I hope that the owner gave them more information than they are giving us here. Has anyone called the Kuv Rescue?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 07:23:57 pm »
I have been trying to get them to respond for over a week regarding 2 Kuvasz rescued from Katrina sitting in the shelter in Gonzales, since groups with 502(c)3 can pull animals, but yet to get a response there. None the less, I tried again, we'll see. Doesn't say much for the 3 different Kuvasz Rescue Groups now does it? If anyone lives in the greater Boston area, or knows a Pyr Rescue group in Boston could you please contact them and let us know if they could go look at her? Unless she was surrendered for biting, I would take her if someone can foster her till mid November. (I realize we may never know....but I'm certain a foster family would be able to tell.)

Deena

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 08:10:38 pm »
Now that was a silly thing to say....as long as she doesn't have a history of biting children or the owner.

Deena

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 08:38:54 pm »
Good news, Leanne contacted me and she will try to get the dog pulled.

I'll let you all know once I hear.

Deena

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Kuvasz just surrendered to MSPCA; Update
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 11:15:05 pm »
Kuvaszman contacted us with more information; we're going to call the shelter and let them know about the interest in Jasmine (the dog's name) so she isn't put down.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Deena and Sofia

Kiahpyr

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 11:22:44 pm »
That's great! Hopefully these babies can be saved. I wish I was closer, so I could help. Keep us informed.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 11:25:23 pm »
Actually, I have no idea how the others are doing.  Others are probably working to get those dogs out of shelters.

Sofia

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 11:39:51 pm »
Please keep us updated on Jasmine & the other 2 Kuvs...Such beautiful dogs...I hope they will all get to a home.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 02:27:20 am »
Deena, I also contacted him personally instead of via the board and did just send you his replies and questions I had for him regarding her.  I believe I sent you his numbers as well.  It looks like you probably already have that info.  I am sending you a personal message after this.  Shana
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson