Author Topic: Oh my aching...  (Read 5028 times)

lins_saving_grace

Oh my aching...
« on: October 06, 2005, 03:20:32 am »
knee.
The doctor called me today.  My knee cap is cracked.  I thought it was just bruised and sore but it turns out I have to wear an immobilizer for a month...no fun.  I guess I should call me lucky and stop complaining, huh?

Kiahpyr

Re: Oh my aching...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 03:22:49 am »
That sucks! I'm glad it's not worse though. You'll have to take a picture.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 03:24:34 am »
That sucks! I'm glad it's not worse though. You'll have to take a picture.
Yeah...my first injury injury. 
I'll see if I can't get someone to take a pic of ole gimpy.  It feels like the bike is in better condition than me.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 03:27:50 am »
OMG Lins!!!  That's awful!!!  Knees hurt like the dickens when you hurt them.  Glad it isn't anything worse though.  Rest that knee, girl!!!

I'm gimpin' around pretty good...it's tiring being hurt.   I guess I have a new appreciation for things and I'm seeing things a brand new way.  Hitting the highway litterally makes a girl think, ya know. 

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 03:29:55 am »
LOL!! Did you get any good pain meds? Nothing like taking something and laying around all day. That would be so nice. I bet Lady and Grace don't allow you to do that. I've missed your vidoes.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 03:32:15 am »
LOL!! Did you get any good pain meds? Nothing like taking something and laying around all day. That would be so nice. I bet Lady and Grace don't allow you to do that. I've missed your vidoes.
oh no...the girls don't stand for idolly sitting around.   Maybe they'll do something original for videos tonight.  since the last ones I posted they haven't done anything other than what they always do. 
Monday the invisible fence goes in...so I'll limp out into the yard and tape them running and playing in the back 40.  :)
I'm on Ibuprphine.  If it gets bad I'll get drugs.

Anakalia

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 05:38:41 am »
OH that's crappy!  Well, at least it wasn't a cracked noggin.  And think of it this way even if you're a little imobilized, you can still post on BPO, and we all know that's the most important thing! ;)

Andi

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 05:59:06 am »
Poor you!  It's best if you just sit quietly with your leg propped up and the pups laying at your feet while you keep us all informed, with your wicked sense of humor, of every random thought that comes along!!  It really would be best!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 06:43:29 am »
On no Lins thats horrible and very painful. Heres to a speedy recovery girl. Just keep posting to keep your mind off  your knee ;)

Farley and Puck send you lots of get well hugs and :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 06:53:46 am »
I'm sorry. :(  I guess this is the month for BPOers to get the snot kicked outta them huh?  If people offer to baby you take them up on it.  Just gets worse if you try to do everything yourself.  I hope you feel better!

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 07:03:20 am »
again, from 1 rider to another: keep the sunny side up...

the midwest riding season will be over soon tho... i'm not sure i asked but, were u guys fully geared up? just curious.. i'm so friggin afraid of falling.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 10:17:41 pm »
again, from 1 rider to another: keep the sunny side up...

the midwest riding season will be over soon tho... i'm not sure i asked but, were u guys fully geared up? just curious.. i'm so friggin afraid of falling.
I prefer the sunny side up myself too!  It was a freek accident but we all get into one once or twice.  It was my time.  I'm terribly luckly. 
Riding season is practically over here in Michigan too!  It's colder than snot in the morning and gets dark so early.  no one is looking for bikes anymore.
I was indeed all geared up.  The leathers are shredded to say the least...and the bike is just a little worse for wear. 
Falling wasn't in my plan...and when you do...you don't really think about it till you get back up and take a look around.  you get through the ride on the concrete and deal with the rest when it sets in.   I think your brain shuts down and your eyes seal shut as a result of the adrenaline and what you can hear and see is a blur later (although I remember more than I thought I would).  The pain is an after effect which is a good thing.
Falling wasn't the scarey part...the idea that someone might have smushed me while I was tumbling and concrete surfing was the scarey thought that  I had when I got up, turned around and saw the semi that was slowed down behind the spot where I dumpped it.

So what do you ride?  how long have you been on 2 wheels?  There certainly are a lot of bikers on BPO...which is cool!   

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 10:19:59 pm »
thanks for all your well wishes!  It's nice to know you're all thinking about me.  I'm doing good on the being babied thing too!  :) I'll get through it the best I can and never ever dump the bike again (if I can help it) :)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 10:21:23 pm »
Glad you are feeling better Lins! You really need to stop making us worry so much though. ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 10:29:54 pm »
Quote from: lins_saving_grace
concrete surfing...

So what do you ride?  how long have you been on 2 wheels?  There certainly are a lot of bikers on BPO...which is cool!   
heh. concrete surfing.. heh.. that was me on the sidwalk 2 months ago...  :-[
ride a:
after reading your post, i dreamt about wrecking last nite.. where like.. my limbs were separated from my body. so yah, i'm gonna put the cover on the bike this wk... that's just too scary.