Author Topic: Good things happened at Petsmart today!  (Read 4601 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Good things happened at Petsmart today!
« on: October 07, 2005, 05:10:22 am »
Well one good thing, and it wasn't even good it was cute and funny, but whatever.  I had to go to the bank which is like in the same Plaza as Petsamrt and of couse Nee is with me so of course we go in.  They're unloading freight so palettes of dog food bags are every where and they're throwing the bags, so there's these loud slams and Nee is getting nervous.  I keep talking to him in my Dip-**** voice, keeping my hand on his shoulder, and we're walking, looking at toys, and at leashes (Because his got stuck between the car seat and when I yanked on it I like stripped it, so it's icky now.)  Well we turn the corner and there is this boxer sitting there, the most depresed forlorn look on his face, his head was almost on the floor.  The reason?  His mommy and daddy had tried out teddy bear ears on him.  I bust out laughing, and Nee's tail starts wagging.  he suddenly starts talking to this dog in these deep conversation tones, think of growling without trilling the "R"s.  The boxer apparently likes what Sanity's saying and starts bouncing up and down.  Like 3 feet in the air.  So Sanity bounces and lands in a play bow and shakes his butt, which knocks over like 4 bags of dog food from the palette behind us.   Luckily he doesn't notice and continues to go from one side ot the other.  We all laugh at our silly doggies.  And go our seperate ways.  Sanity fusses to me, "Maaaaaa we didn't get to DO anything!"  In line to purchase a candle that swears to turn doggy odor into the scent of fresh laundry, a man walks a Chihuahua in front of us.  Sanity starts to wuffle and wave a paw at him the looks at me and I swear to GOD he's thinking "Screw it it's not worth it" and plops to the floor with an immense sigh.  We go to pay for the miraculous candle, and the lady goes to give Sanity a cookie.  "Three cookies because you're such a big boy"  I must here interject that Sanity is accustomed to getting donuts, bagels, croissants, lunch meat, cheese, chicken nuggets, and french fries on his good looks alone seen for 5 seconds from a drive thru window.  Doggy establishments give him enormous hand made dog biscuits.  He is a man of taste.  THESE were buy in bulk little square generic dog biscuits.  Sanity takes the three cookies, and spits them onto the counter covered in slime "Madam your cookies disgust me!  I will NOT be returning to your establishment!"    He then stomps off to the automatic door as far as the leash allows and sits, refusing to look at the cashier.  My dog is a snob.  A giant hairy drooling snob.  Irony at it's best.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 05:17:01 am by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Good things happened at Petsmart today!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 05:13:45 am »
"Madam your cookies disgust me!  I will NOT be returning to your establishment!"   

LMAO!

*sigh*  Sometimes I like to pretend that you write such things just for the joy they will give me...   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 05:19:40 am »
LMAO that is the best story ever!

And I think I have bought the candle you're talking about and it worked in my house.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 05:23:30 am »
"Madam your cookies disgust me!  I will NOT be returning to your establishment!"   

LMAO!

*sigh*  Sometimes I like to pretend that you write such things just for the joy they will give me...   ;D

I do!  I sit here and think "If I say he spit them out, it'd still be funny but if I say 'Madam your cookies disgust me!  I will NOT be returning to your establishment!" it'll be like SO way better!  And Marsi will point out how clever I am and give me the warm fuzzies!"

And I don't know about the candle yet.  It's for the EBF house, because it still smells from when I went to the ER the night of my accident and Sanity had projectile poop in my bedroom.

BabsT

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 05:32:57 am »
That is a cute story LOL...Dont you just LOVE dogs

henrysmomma

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 06:29:38 am »
LOL great story! :D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 07:47:37 am »
That story gave me my smile for the day.  Too cute.  Of course you would never see my guys do that.  They are both vacuums for any kind of food item.......... ......they have no taste......... lol

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 08:16:59 am »
Great story! I love doggy stories.
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 08:44:39 am »
Fun story, PetSmart can be so much fun. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Anakalia

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 08:53:14 am »
Ang, that boy is hysterical!  I wanna meet you two in person so friggen bad!  That story had me rollin'!  Nee, is such a snob, but soo soooo handsome! lol

Andi

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 09:00:15 am »

LMAO!

I do!  I sit here and think "If I say he spit them out, it'd still be funny but if I say 'Madam your cookies disgust me!  I will NOT be returning to your establishment!" it'll be like SO way better!  And Marsi will point out how clever I am and give me the warm fuzzies!"
And it works every time!   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GR8DAME

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 12:43:55 pm »
ang,
You and Sanity are one of a kind! Your tales brighten up my dull day and make my controlled chaos seem normal. Thank You.
Stella

Offline jens2danes

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dutchess & Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 10:01:07 pm »
Ang,LOL I can't beleive he is that fussy.Hunter and Timber will eat ANYTHING at all.You tell some wonderful stories,makes me smile all the time when reading them.Give Nee a big hug from his brothers.Jen and danes

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 11:37:49 pm »
Thank you for all the compliments guys.  I love writing, haven't done it in ages though.  And Jen, Sanity is SOOOOO spoiled.  He's not at Araby's level yet (That would be spoiled ROTTEN), but when you get the best of everything the normal stuff is such a let down.  And he had RMBs at home, so why eat that garbage? :P  Plus with me not being able to eat food, all the food that I have to get rid of before it goes bad goes to him.  Like steak, chicken, salmon, Yeah.......  Would you eat 5 day old dry wonder bread toast if you knew you were going to be having steak in half an hour?  I didn't think so! ;D

Blair

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 12:12:43 am »
Ang that was so friggin funny  :D I love reading your posts. One day Ill have the pleasure of meeting Sanity, and you of course LOL