Author Topic: We have given up the battle  (Read 5523 times)

Spook

We have given up the battle
« on: October 07, 2005, 07:18:41 am »
The battle for the couch has been lost.. people:0  Serenity: 10 ..  she has won! lol we must step down graciously.

nickerbokker

Re: We have given up the battle
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 07:19:23 am »
OMG HOW CUTE!  SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!  WAY WAY WAY TOOOO CUTE!

BabsT

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 07:26:19 am »
Great pics...how is her temp? How old...i like the fila...had an interest in them

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 07:30:50 am »
SO adorable!  :)
RIP former BPO

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 07:32:40 am »
Sheesh!!!!  I was afraid to read this that it was a BAD kind of battle.  I'm SOOO relieved it was only the couch!!!   She's adorable on it!!! It's HERS!!!  Get your own!!! ;D

Spook

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 07:37:46 am »
Hiya Babs,

Serenity's temperment is mid-line for a Fila which is good for us. She is suspicous of strangers and if we are out walking she doesn't want them to come anywhere near us .. she'll be on patrol. However if we are at home and invite someone in and tell her it's ok she'll lay down where she can watch them (usually on my feet) and may growl a little but is normally fine with them.. long as they do not try and pet her.  Personality wise with us she is the biggest baby! she has to have attention, she won't let us out of her sight.. but not in an annoying way she just wants to lay where she can see us. She is very smart, normally only have to tell her something once.. and she potty trained in a matter of days.  She is however very skilled at getting her way and quite manipulative with those puppy eyes. We tend to treat her more like a toddler then a dog..  because she won't accept the fact she isn't!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 07:51:14 am »
Ahhh yes, the battle for the couch. Here's what happens to me if I sit in Nigel's spot. Funny, he doesn't seem to mind sharing with the other dogs... I sense a conspiracy...

BabsT

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 07:53:10 am »
How old is she?  if she isnt mature, you should be careful because she is infact a fila.  i was very close to getting one but i I pretty much have furry filas LOL..Zero doesnt tolerate strangers anymore at all...and my female CO is on her way LOL

Beautiful dogs

Spook

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 07:57:48 am »
She's 7mo's old, so not fully into temperment yet. We've done a lot of research and talked to a lot of breeders so we are prepared!  She loves my toddler tho, and yes that is her sippy cup believe it or not.. she carries it around with her all the time.

BabsT

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 08:00:35 am »
if i were to get a fila it would be from drew of grenslair (sp)  there is a lot of controvery with the fila breeders...i have gotten into spats with a few (but they deserved it LOL)  Good Luck with her :)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 08:06:23 am »
Good Looking Puppy!
Great Pics!
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Spook

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 08:15:21 am »
Babs.

i don't really get along well with Drew, i don't like how he treats his dogs.. he doesn't socialize them enough. If a fila is going to have temperment it has temperment..bu t while they are young enough to be taken out and interacted with it gives them more confidence to make better choices later on. Drew has absolutely gorgeous dogs.. i just don't like his attitude.  My Mom has a fila from Donna (Castles Fila's) in Virgina who is an amazing girl, Serenity was rescued from a street corner in Miami..  tho her lines have been indirectly traced back to Robin at Harley Acre's.

I like Drew's dogs.. just don't exactly like his philosophy, tho i haven't actually met him in person yet.
I guess it just depends on what you want your dog to do. I want Serenity for protection, but that's not the main reason i wanted a fila.. it's the rest of the package (her size, calmness, her brains, the devotion)

She's definately not the perfect fila, but she is perfect for us ..and ya gotta match your family to your dog.

BabsT

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 09:04:00 am »
You just have to know Drew I guess...He is the biggest baby with his dogs to be honest and they have quite a nice life...he calls it like he sees it which i rather someone more direct than someone who beats around the bush...I hope you didnt think that i was offending you, that wasnt my intention

Spook

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 09:22:41 am »
Babs,
i wasn't offended at all. There are a lot of different Views on the fila's and to each their own  =)
i am not easily offended and  i know you weren't saying anything against my dog.. just dogs in general.
Fila's aren't perfect and there is a lot of bad breeding going on right now from people that shouldn't be.
for insance the people who bred serenity had a male and a female, had a litter.. couldn't find homes for them so were out on a street corner trying to get rid of her. Someone contacted the Fila rescue in Miami and they went and talked the woman into giving them Serenity and her Sister (still un named!)

We were at the time sort of looking for a fila. We had planned on getting a puppy from a breeder around feb.. but had joined a couple lists, made a lot of phone calls and were just trying to get to know people before hand.  One of the people on the fila list we belong to mentioned this girl, i called Suzy her foster Mom and she arrived 4 days later =P  Was earlier than we had planned but she needed a home and we wanted a dog... so everything worked out.

~Beth

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005, 10:41:10 am »
We tend to treat her more like a toddler then a dog..  because she won't accept the fact she isn't!

Is that why she has a sippy cup?  Just wondered. ;D

Deena