Author Topic: Cruddy day... (now has cow pix LOL)  (Read 5042 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Cruddy day... (now has cow pix LOL)
« on: October 10, 2005, 05:59:19 am »
Today started out grand, but then when I was outside with Tenchi, Faust and Zeo early this afternoon, a guy pulls up in an oil van.  So I grab Tenchi and Zeo and ask my brother to grab Faust.  The guy says that he's here to put in a new radiator in our LR. 

Ok, I tell him, "Hold on just a sec, I'll put the dogs away."

He says sure and then starts walking in the house behind me while Mojo is wanting to eat him alive.  So I repeat myself and the guy just walks in behind me anyways.  *UGH*  Luckily Mojo listens and I tell him to go upstairs and the crew follow along while I'm cursing under my breath.  (go ahead and laugh while picturing it Ang  ;D)

I put the dogs away and go back down to see what's going on.  The guy smells really strong of cigarette smoke, but I dont think anything of it besides.. ick.  That is until he leaves and I see that there are ashes all over my couch!  WTH? 

I go out to talk to him and he says that he'll be back with the parts.  I'm being nice and say fine, I'll move the couch over so that he can work.  He replies rudely, "Yeah, because I need somewhere to WORK!"  I'm seething because noone told me these people were coming over and my LR is trashed from my brother staying in it all weekend and the kids were playing in it also.  Then I realise after clearing the area that they're going to probably need to get in to the basement, which is nasty flooded icky area that I HATE going down into.  I find where the pipes are and of course its where ALL the dog crates and bikes are stacked.

So there I am running around in stagnant icky water with slimey crates and Tori comes down with her dirty sheets/blankets and tossed them on the ground... in the water.  I count backwards from like a million so that I don't freak out and then start the washer up.   The washer which was hooked up in the darkest and creepiest room in this farmhouse basement, which the light decided to stop working a couple days ago and Jay has YET to fix.  :o

After this I go back upstairs to start the dishes before these Radiator people come back and walk into a disaster site in the kitchen??   What happened?  This was clean right before I went downstairs!  Call brother and children in to pick up after themselves and find out that Mojo decided to help himself to all the fishsticks since the kids let the dogs back out while I was in the basement.  *sigh*

Then I'm starting to finally do the dishes and my step mom shows up to bring my brother home... with my brother's best friend?!?  I wanted some company along for the ride up from CT, she explains.  So then Mike has to introduce him to all the dogs and show them off, then his friend wants to go see the cows and I have to play happy dirty, slimey hostess for an hour before they all leave.  ::) 

Finally, back to doing the dishes right??  Ok start washing and Tori starts yelling, "MOMMMMMMM, they're back!!!"  So I run all the dogs BACK up the stairs and put them away.  The guys bring in this HUGE nasty rusty radiator and tell me that they're NOT putting it by the corner, but directly in the middle of one of the walls.  Um, excuse me, that would make that entire wall practically unusable for either of the two couches or the entertainment center.  :'(  There will only be two walls left to use?   The guy basically says to deal with it. 

I go BACK into the kitchen for another attempt at the dishes, then Tori falls outside on her new rollerblades that my stepmom just gave her.  Check her out, she's fine, no blood or nothing.  Go upstairs for a second and the guys leave, taking said nasty radiator with them.  OK?? 

So I decided to let the dogs outside to potty and play a bit.  Then I start the dishes AGAIN.  lol  I'm 1/4 done and here they come again!  Now I run the dogs back upstairs, but this time Ang saves me and calls me on the phone!  Yay!  Then I find out about all the chaos that is happening on BPO.  :(  I think today is just an insane day or something?

Here I sit now, dishes still in the sink, people still putting in some stupid radiator in the Living Room and now fighting on BPO.  I sure hope that tomorrow is a better day!  :o
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 02:37:51 am by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Blair

Re: Cruddy day...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 06:07:54 am »
Awe Moni sorry you are having such a cruddy day  :-\ Mr. Grey and Zeus told me to send you a bunch of slobbers and leans so you can have a better day  :)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 06:09:10 am »
Sorry about your bad day. Kiah sends a big hug!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 06:13:28 am »
Sorry you had a yucky day.  

I can completely sympathize - I absolutely HATE it when people drop by unannounced, repairman, neighbors, family, whoever.  I am always sitting around in my pajamas with a messy house whenever it happens.  I could probably avoid that by actually remaining dressed and having a clean house at all times, but, I dunno, that just sounds like WAY too much work for me... 

I actually stopped seeing a guy once because he dropped my house unannounced.  We met in the grocery store, (I was carrying some chick magazine that said something like "Cute single guys are looking for love" as one of the article titles on the cover, and he saw it and said "Hey, that's me!"), and went on ONE date, and then he was in the neighborhood one day and decided to drop by and see me without calling first.  That pretty much ended it.

Fortunately Scott is a hermit just like I am and feels the same way.  His brother called us on Saturday and said "Hey, dude, I am on my way to San Diego right now (from Arizona) and I will be there in like 2 hours.  Can me and my friend spend the night at your house?"  Scott, who is even more evil than I am (IMAGINE!), said "Uh, no." 

But Moni, when I come visit you, (with advance notice of course) you WILL take me out to see the cows right?  Please?   :)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Blair

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 06:16:00 am »
I seen the cows!!!! And cause of that I am naming my dane, of the future, MOO   :) And I gave her a lot of notice before I showed up, all the way from Texas LOL

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 06:19:13 am »
Sorry you had a yucky day.  

I can completely sympathize - I absolutely HATE it when people drop by unannounced, repairman, neighbors, family, whoever.  I am always sitting around in my pajamas with a messy house whenever it happens.  I could probably avoid that by actually remaining dressed and having a clean house at all times, but, I dunno, that just sounds like WAY too much work for me... 

I agree completely! Keeping a spotless house and being dresses all of the time is way to much work!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 07:30:03 am »
Oh no!  I'm sorry you had a crummy day!  Here's hoping tomorrow is better!  ;)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 07:37:10 am »
Okay...NOW I agree with you.  I went to restore myself in the garden and plant a few bulbs but mulling over today's friction....wh ich is not over yet, I guess.... :-\

.....and not paying attention to where I walking.  I have two, count them, TWO Newfies!!!  They poop, I pick it up..thought I was safe.  NOPE!  Walked in to two piles in a place they had never gone before in my BRAND NEW walking shoes!  AND I didn't notice it except kept thinking...boy, sure smells in this part of the garden!   ::)

So, now I'm going to take a shower before house guests arrive and deal with poopie shoes tomorrow.  It's just gotta be a better day!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 08:04:15 am »
So sorry to hear your day has not gone well, it really sounded like a doozy.  Hopefully things are looking up as I type?

There was something else I was going to say here, but it has completly left my mind.   :P

GR8DAME

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 08:12:50 am »
I think everyone has been having a bit of a meltdown tonight. Maybe if everyone would step back and take a deep breath, things will be better tomorrow. Except maybe for newflvr who will still have to face those shoes... ::)
Stella

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 08:34:21 am »
YOu should have let MOJO bite his butt.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 08:38:42 am »
....'k!  Will you come clean my shoes???

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 08:57:23 am »
Aww, sry Moni {and everone else!} who had a bad day!!

I had a pretty good day... pup sitted Kaysee  ;D

hope tomorrow is a better day  :)
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 09:07:34 am »
....'k!  Will you come clean my shoes???
Hee, Hee, This morning I took Rocky out w/ my hubby's shoes on and Guess what ??? :o ::)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 02:37:19 am »
I'm having a better day today, I hope everyone else is too.  *sigh of relief*

But Moni, when I come visit you, (with advance notice of course) you WILL take me out to see the cows right?  Please?   :)

Of course, friends are always welcome.  :D  Especially if they call in advance!  I went out an took some cow pix for you while Jay was home for lunch.  I hope you enjoy them!  :)

PS  I also added Tenchi & funny cow pix from when we lived in NY.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:32:24 pm by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.