Author Topic: Help with making changes to Profile  (Read 2311 times)

Offline suzanne

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • raised dog feeder
Help with making changes to Profile
« on: October 10, 2005, 02:56:13 pm »
I would really appreciate it if someone could give me step by step...easy to understand...i nstuctions for changing the info on my Profile.  I have tired to add my signature info, plus a photo of my pyr and newf that will automatically appear each time I post or reply.  I am  ashamed to tell you how many times I have tried to do this and failed to have the info show up in the Members section, or automatically when I post or reply....but if you were to guess 5 times....you would still be a little low.    :-[

Suzanne
www.raiseddogf eeder.com
Suzanne, Sophia (5 yr. old Pyr) and Riggs (10 month old Newf)

www.raiseddogf eeder.com

nickerbokker

Re: Help with making changes to Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 02:57:34 pm »
lmao.  dont know much....but hang on and i'll see if i can figure it out...or if someone else replys first.  im hoping someone else steps up first lol, i dont know much about computers!

henrysmomma

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 03:04:44 pm »
I will do my best to assist you...
1)click on profile under user tools
2)there should be a list of different things you can modify on the right of your profile screen
3)If you want to upload a pic to use as your avatar, it has to be under a small file size, under 400 i beleive
4)when you are done modifying, click the change profile button at the bottom of your profile screen

I hope this helps...I suck at instructions.. .

Rose ;)

Offline suzanne

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • raised dog feeder
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 04:12:36 pm »
Thanks to nickerbokker and henrysmomma for your replies.  Even though the suggestions made by henrysmomma were what I had tried in the past, I did so again...but, again, I was unsuccessful  :-(    ...at least they did not show up in the members list.  Maybe the problem with trying to post the photo is that it is too large, although I can include it if I add it at the bottom of any posts or replies.  A friend who is more computer literate than I will be here Thursday evening...mayb e she will know if i need to do something to decrease the photo size.

Suzanne

www.raiseddogf eeder.com

nickerbokker

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 04:17:04 pm »
if u r awake...send the me photo you want next to your name....avatar, lol, i dont know what it means but that is the name....and i will resize it before i hit the bed.

Offline jens2danes

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dutchess & Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 06:17:37 pm »
I am having trouble too,My avitar is not showing up,its blank for me.I see alot of read x's on  others posts.My time is totaly wrong it says 7:13 pm 10/10 and its 6:15 am on 10/11??LOL I can only get one pic to post at a time, when I tried the other day.I don't think anyone could see the pics though there was no replies.Jen and danes

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Help with making changes to Profile - Now with graphic directions
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 06:43:26 am »
I took some screenshots to help you do this step-by-step. Follow the red squares.

1. On any screen, click on 'profile' under 'user tools' on the right side
2. On the left side of the screen, you will see a section called 'modify settings'. T
3. To add an avatar, click on 'forum profile information'. Then click 'I will upload my own picture'. Then, click browse and select the photo you want. Note: the image must be under 400K. If you cannot resize your picture to meet the size requirement, you can email it to me and I will resize it for you.
4. To fix the timezone, click on 'look and layout preferences'. Currently, BPO is set at some weird russian time. To make it match that clock, you need to add a number. The numbers are: 11 for EST, 10 for CST, 9 for MST, and 8 for PST

Good luck :)
RIP former BPO

Offline suzanne

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • raised dog feeder
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 07:25:55 am »
 ;D  ;D   ;D  YEA!!!!!  Think I was able to edit my profile so that a photo of my two Little Darlings will now automatically show up.  After some of you told me the photo had to be less than 400K, I called my daughter, and she told me how to find out what size the photo I had been trying to ad was.....and it was over 400K.  She then told me how to resize it.  Gosh!!! I feel so powerful each time I master one more option on my computer.  THANKS  AGAIN for your kind replies and offers to help!!!  ...Also was able to change the time to my EST zone, thanks to your info. 

www.raiseddogf eeder.com