Author Topic: What I have learned today  (Read 26569 times)

Kiahpyr

Re: What I have learned today
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2005, 04:24:25 pm »
I've learned that in the state of Nebraska pregnancy isn't considered a pre-exsisting condition for health insurance. Baby makin' time!!!! ;D Let me explain...

My husband got a new job and the health insurance doesn't kick in until dec. 1st, so we were waiting. Now we don't have to!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 04:24:51 pm by Tajsa »

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2005, 04:27:56 pm »
I have learned to always make sure you close the door to the room where you are keeping the large box of 100 rawhide chews that were donated for your Dog March give-away bags.

I came home last night and found out the dogs had some fun with this hidden treasure! Yikes! I think they only ate about 10 of them. Looks like they had fun doing it though!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2005, 05:16:08 pm »
Today  I learned that no matter how much you do for your 7 yr. old & how good of day she's had a request she does not want to comply with will be met with resistance to the point that you want to beat her butt...I learned that throwing a tantrum back makes a double negative which, in this scenario, most definitely will not make a positive. :(

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2005, 05:20:59 pm »
Today I learned that there are way to many pregnant girls in my school. I found out that 6 of my friends are today! Gee it's going to be fun baby-sitting.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Icerotti

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2005, 05:25:11 pm »
Today I learned that having grandparents day at school is hard when the grandparent lives over 2 hrs away. Try explianing that to a 5 year old. I learned that taking a picture can not replace the actual person. ;D

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2005, 05:32:43 pm »
I've learned that in the state of Nebraska pregnancy isn't considered a pre-exsisting condition for health insurance. Baby makin' time!!!! ;D Let me explain...

My husband got a new job and the health insurance doesn't kick in until dec. 1st, so we were waiting. Now we don't have to!

Congrats!  Have fun!  ;)  :o
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2005, 05:35:51 pm »
Today I learned that "upside down Chirstmas trees" are the new fad for this year  ???  ???

And I am being serious!  Check out these links.  This is just nutso...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051108/en_usatoday/faketreesturnchristmasonitshead

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_13/602-4111095-9327830?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BI3Y5O

I can't believe that Target is selling them... too funny..
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2005, 05:55:29 pm »
Today I learned that "upside down Chirstmas trees"
*sigh*   once again I'm going to be out of style.  That's what I've learned today!!!

Thanks Rachel!!!

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2005, 05:57:04 pm »
Today I learned that "upside down Chirstmas trees"
*sigh*   once again I'm going to be out of style.  That's what I've learned today!!!

Thanks Rachel!!!

LOL. Don't worry I'll be out of style too.  :D
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2005, 06:04:56 pm »
I don't get it? You attach it to your ceiling?? And what "age old European tradition" are they talking about? I'm going to have to research this one...
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2005, 07:01:12 pm »
I have learned that asking "what's for supper?" on a day that the wife has a migraine headache leads directly to a DIY night.  Thank gooodness for frozen dinners.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2005, 08:18:06 pm »
Today I learned that getting a new roof makes it sound like it is raining bricks outside, and that they put a huge tent over your house to catch all the debris because it is actually raining shingles.... Oh, and that Zoey is fascinated by roofers ;)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 08:18:59 pm by shangrila »
RIP former BPO

dohertyswissy

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2005, 01:09:00 pm »
I've learned that their are cute men all over these United States of America.  THANK YOU COSMOPOLITAN MAGAZINE!!

Is it hot in here...or is it me?!?!? ;)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2005, 01:14:11 pm »
I learned that a chemical agent is used to in the decaffeinizati on process of all Starbucks coffees (although there is virtually no residual trace of the chemical after the roasting process) except Decaf Mocha Java, which uses a Swiss Water/non-chemical method.

Nobody but me probably cares about this, but that's what I learned.

I also learned that organic milk tastes waaaayy better than milk from cows loaded with steroids. Don't belive me? Try it! I guarantee you'll taste the difference.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2005, 01:23:08 pm »
I also learned that organic milk tastes waaaayy better than milk from cows loaded with steroids. Don't belive me? Try it! I guarantee you'll taste the difference.

Non-Organic Milk is very scary stuff.  My Aunt who is a School teacher says she has seen an alarming amount of young girls who are 9, 10 & 11 years old who have D size breasts and are already Menstruating.  Oookay!  Hormones and Steroids in things like milk HAVE to play a part in that.  All I ever drink is Horizon Organic non-fat Milk and that's all my kids will drink too.  It tastes great and won't mess with your body.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 01:26:34 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.