Author Topic: Pets sold on eBay, Just say NO! -SUCCESS!  (Read 2534 times)

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Pets sold on eBay, Just say NO! -SUCCESS!
« on: December 17, 2005, 04:24:07 pm »
CROSS POST THIS TO THE WORLD!!!!

EBAY WANTS TO AUCTION OFF ANIMALS AND THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE IT OK BY

SAYING THEY WILL HAVE A SHELTER/RESCUSE SECTION.    STOP THIS INSANITY

BEFORE IT GETS STARTED.  SEND THIS TO EVERY ANIMAL LOVER YOU KNOW.

PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST FAR AND WIDE GRANTED

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=1000164235

<http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=1000164235&tstart=0&mod=113

4879831779> &tstart=0&mod=1134879831779

http://snipurl.com/kvnf

EBay is taking feedback on wether or not they should allow animals to be

auctioned off. please start a letter writing campaign , post feedback or

whatever you can to tell them how you feel. auctioning off live animals is

wrong and just

another venue for the puppy millers....

« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 02:24:39 am by PupDaddy »

Kiahpyr

Re: Pets sold on eBay, Just say NO!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 04:43:58 pm »
From the reading it looks like it's going to be like petfinder. Which is okay with me. If they do auction them off that is bad. I guess we need more info. I maybe confused too.

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 05:31:09 pm »
As an E Bayer, I have just posted this reply:

Dear E Bay,

please do not do this, Animals need good kind loving homes, and sellers need to be sure that they are going to responsible homes. Selling animals in this fashion will take away personal contact between seller and buyer, something that will be exploited by puppy farms and the like. One of the most important things in buying and selling animals is this interaction. Whilst responsible breeders and buyers will shun this "SLAVE TRADE" in animals, you will leave the door open for irresponsible breeders to profit from the misery and suffering they allow.

My New years resolution this year, is to hand leaflets out, starting at the Bolton Dog Show, UK on New Years Day, highlighting your misguided ideas and asking people to express their outrage and boycott e bay if this decision goes ahead.

Whilst I support E Bay and its principles in relation to inanimate objects, please e bay don't dirty your hands to make a quick buck by exploiting animals.

Yours

Andy Watson, Bell & Hovis

This comes from the heart, it may not be perfect but if it helps anyone to think of something to say to ebay, go too it!
Slime flies when you're having fun!

cricket36580

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 06:46:07 pm »
While this is outreageous on so many levels, but no one has said anything about the transport of these animals.  That alone would shut it down.  You simply can't transport live animals easily.  Heck, it's hard getting day-old chicks from one place to another.  The airlines are changing their policies almost daily and there isn't another avenue.  Can you imagine sticking a stamp on a cow and sending it via USPS?

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 07:17:18 pm »
Maybe I'm missing something on the Ebay forums but where does it say the animals will be auctioned off?
All I read was that they are thinking of having a classified section (for a fee) and a rescue/shelter list. They will just join the thousands of other online and news classified ads that there already are but atleast they will be offering space to REAL rescues for free.

JMO

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 08:48:03 pm »
I seen puppys for sale on ebay a few weeks ago. I thought it was so cruel and would never buy an animal off of ebay.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 08:52:03 pm »
Ill go see if I put the auction in my watched on ebay. They said they could be shipped worldwide, via air. Im wondering if ebay would have pulled it? If not Ill find it for you guys.
Coonie

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 09:08:54 pm »
Cant find it. Ill look again tomorrow. I remember the picture was of a puppy bull dog all I have to do is scrole through.
I found a Authentic Louis Vuitton Large Pet Carrier  for $1,000.00. Im sure we could all use one of those. LOL. And a drinking bowl that looks like a toilet. No puppys though.
Coonie

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 09:24:33 pm »
My New years resolution this year, is to hand leaflets out, starting at the Bolton Dog Show, UK on New Years Day, highlighting your misguided ideas and asking people to express their outrage and boycott e bay if this decision goes ahead.

Andy, I didn't know you were in the North West! I'm a pie eater myself!  :D (for our American viewers, this is the slang term for somebody from Wigan, which is about 10 miles from Bolton).

Anyway, I digress. I'm disgusted with eBay too and here's what I posted.

NO, NO A THOUSAND TIMES NO!

This is just ethically and morally wrong. EBay is a great service at the moment and I buy a lot of stuff via your website. But when it comes to listing live, sentient, feeling creatures with no kind of welfare checks, you are just adding to the misery of millions of animals that are bred in appalling conditions, or even worse, bought on impulse and traded in for a new model a couple of months down the line, maybe via a service just like you want to offer. How wonderful for the puppy mills - another way to sell their goods - they can up production now they are shifting faster than ever on EBay! Good breeders don't need to advertise in places like this as they usually have a waiting list for their puppies/kittens and will take back the animals they have bred, so I can't see how you are actually going to be attracting anybody but the unscrupulous and uncaring.

I personally feel strongly enough about it to actually stop using EBay altogether if you listed animals, other than possibly for carefully vetted and proven charities. And there again, is the place you are browsing for a new camera or a pair of shoes the right place to be looking for an animal in a thought out and responsible manner?

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Re: Pets sold on eBay, Just say NO! -SUCCESS!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 02:24:53 am »
SUCCESS!!!
eBay has scrapped their plans lift the ban on classifed ads for pets. Thanks everyone who supported keeping the ban.