Author Topic: I am a LOSER!  (Read 6595 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
I am a LOSER!
« on: December 19, 2005, 03:40:46 pm »
Yeah I talk a big game, but when I have an opportunity to be cool I totally lose it.

Matt calls me and he's like "Guess what?  Sully from Godsmack is here"  I say "No WAY!"  He says "Yes way!  Wanna talk to him?"  My jaw drops   :o  And he goes "Hello?"  I said "OMG YOU'RE ****ING SULLY FROM ****ING GODSMACK!"  He says "Yeah so I hear."  Then Matt says something in the background and Sully laughs and he says "Your Boyfriend is talking S*** about you."  I said "Yeah he does that alot, but the sex is worth it."  Sully laughs and tells me he has to go but to have a good Christmas."

So when faced with an awesome opportunity, my dorkiness came out and I fell flat on my face.  GO ANG!   ;D ;D ;D
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

lins_saving_grace

Re: I am a LOSER!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 04:01:56 pm »
that doesn't make you a looser!   Star Struck I think is the term. 
So who is Sully and what is Godsmack?

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 04:06:50 pm »
Sully is the lead singer of Godsmack.  A kick *Butt* (TINA) metal band.  They're wicked famous, and I feel like a little girl in front of a backstreet boy.  Plus Sully is pretty cute for a screaming metal guy.  Usually they're scary.

www.godsmack.c om

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 04:09:17 pm »
is Sully the blonde with the tight shirt and jeans? 
Call him back...tell him you took your pills and are ready to talk now.  :)

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 04:12:35 pm »
Thats pretty cool.  I don't think you sounded too dorky.  It could have been a lot worse.   :D   How does Matt know him? 
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 04:17:33 pm »
Thats pretty cool.  I don't think you sounded too dorky.  It could have been a lot worse.   :D   How does Matt know him? 

Matt's a mechanic at a Hummer Dealer, and apparently Sully either has a Hummer or wants a Hummer or something.  All the cool people drive Hummers (And no going off about the gas thing OK?) and he's met Kevin Costner too, but I didn't get to talk to him.  :(

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 04:28:50 pm »

Matt's a mechanic at a Hummer Dealer, and apparently Sully either has a Hummer or wants a Hummer or something.  All the cool people drive Hummers (And no going off about the gas thing OK?) and he's met Kevin Costner too, but I didn't get to talk to him.  :(

ooooh!!  That is very cool.  They need to make a diesel H3 or one with more power and then maybe I would think about getting a hummer  :)
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 04:52:45 pm »
okay hehe thank you Lins for not knowing either, I had no idea who he was.

Too cool though. Our tenants who rent the house next door, well he works as a mechanic at the Charlotte hummer dealership too, I wonder if I can have him call me when they have anyone famous in there, but hmmm maybe we dont have too many of the fun ones here, I guess I should have been on "the other" coast  ;D :P

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 04:56:08 pm »

Too cool though. Our tenants who rent the house next door, well he works as a mechanic at the Charlotte hummer dealership too, I wonder if I can have him call me when they have anyone famous in there, but hmmm maybe we dont have too many of the fun ones here, I guess I should have been on "the other" coast  ;D :P

Marit
you're welcome! 
I figure I'm 35.  I only know who Brittney Spears is because she's plastered all over the TV.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 06:00:29 pm »

Marit

Marit, we're on the East Coast too.  In NEW HAMPSHIRE!  Half of the population of the United States thinks that NH is in Canada for crying out loud!  There are a few famous people that live up here.  Aerosmith is actually from NH (Not Boston) and Steven Tyler's parents are in a nursing home about 4 minutes from the city house.  I just had to share my adolescent joy with you all :P

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 06:26:52 pm »

Marit

Marit, we're on the East Coast too.  In NEW HAMPSHIRE!  Half of the population of the United States thinks that NH is in Canada for crying out loud!  There are a few famous people that live up here.  Aerosmith is actually from NH (Not Boston) and Steven Tyler's parents are in a nursing home about 4 minutes from the city house.  I just had to share my adolescent joy with you all :P

And I thought everyone who was "someone" lived on the west coast lol. Our tenant gets to bring a hummer home from time to time. Malin my 14 year old has been going for a ride in one when he had it here. She has made her mind up hehe, she WILL have a hummer one day, I tell her sure hun, but just so you know that hummer wont come from your parents, you better find someone really rich hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 07:09:41 pm »
Aerosmith is actually from NH (Not Boston) and Steven Tyler's parents are in a nursing home about 4 minutes from the city house.  I just had to share my adolescent joy with you all. :P

You'd think Steven Tyler, or even Liv Tyler was rich enough to buy his parents a house and pay for a live in Nurse.  Go figure.  I liked Godsmack's first album, but their songs all started to sound the same.  How many times can you say "YEEEAAH"?  Sully is still cool though.  And I know all about that "adolescent joy" you got.  I was at Lollapalooza 2 and sitting with some friends in a beer garden, when out of the blue, Les Claypool of Primus, whose hand I had shaken earlier, plops down with us and begins to pass out doobies.  He must have recognized us from earlier and thought we were cool I guess.  Later on we were standing in line behind Cypress Hill and Ice-T to get burritos.  Those guys were so hungry!  Talk about adolescent joy, I was speechless.  Just the other day I delivered a generator to James Hetfields mansion, that man has WAY TOO MUCH MONEY to burn!

And I thought everyone who was "someone" lived on the west coast lol.

That is true you know.  Ok, maybe half true, but we have better weather so there!  ;D  Here in Marin, it is starting to become like Hollywood, there are celebrities and rock stars all over the place.  And everybody knows somebody....
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 07:17:34 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 07:17:26 pm »
Don't worry, Ang.  I have been a total fool in front of every celebrity I have ever met.  I am pretty sure they are used to it. 

Kelsey Grammer once went out of his way to be super-cool to me, and I could do was sit there and giggle like a total idiot. 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 07:31:22 pm »
I knew I was getting old the day I heard Godsmack and all I could think was "OH MY GOD, THESE GUYS SOUND JUST LIKE ALICE IN CHAINS!" But Sully seems really down to earth when you see interviews.

If he ever gets Serj from System Of A Down or Ed Kowalczyk from Live in looking at a Hummer, you can get him to phone me and I can make a fool of myself.  ;D

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 10:49:47 pm »
Ummm actually Steven Tyler bought his parents a wing at the Huntington.  But they got lonely, so they let other people in.  But I totally agree that after their first album Godsmack went downhill. 

And Marsi, I LOVE Kelsy Grammer.  I would probably drool like an idjut if I ever met him.  I've met Ben Affleck and Matt Damon though.  Wasn't impressed.  I've also partied with the guys from Dropkick Murphy's.  THEY are SOOOOOOOO much fun!