Author Topic: What can BROWN do for me? Evidently NOTHING! - UPDATE: DELIVERED!!!  (Read 3754 times)

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
Warning.....th is is a whole lot of me blowing off steam.
 >:(
I've been waiting for a package that I ordered online.
I received a tracking number and expected the package on Tuesday.  Tuesday night..no package.  I check online.  There is a notation stating that the package has a POBox address and they are trying to figure out a street address.
 My credit card address is a POB but since this item was shipping UPS I provided my home address.  Evidently the shipper didn't look at my notation because they put the POBox on the package. 
Why would someone who ships UPS use a POBox on the package??!?!?
So...I call UPS and wait on hold for an eternity. Finally I speak to someone who is very pleasant and changes my address online.  The only issue is that it can't be delivered until Thursday.  That's fine as long as I have it by the weekend.
Today is Thursday.  It's past 8pm.   I don't have a package.   I check online.  My package was delivered at 4:41pm today and left at the side door.  Ok....no truck came down my driveway at 4:41.  There is no package on my porch...and we don't have a side door.   I call UPS again and wait on hold for less than an eternity but still awhile.
They aren't sure where it got delivered because the computer isn't updated with the address information but they want to know if I looked at the side door.   I already explained that I don't have a side door!   GRRRRRR!
I'm told to call back in the morning after 8am so that they can figure out where my package was left.
I'm cranky.  I wonder who has my package....it's a gift for my son.  Something he asked for.  This stinks.

Thanks for letting me vent.

-Wendy
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 06:40:06 pm by my3dogs »
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: What can BROWN do for me? Evidently NOTHING!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 10:33:20 pm »
Hi Windy,  I hope you did not order it from my store.  I did have one error like that.  What happens is they sure an auto process program and never read the address just match the name to the items in the order. As much of a bummer as it is, it is really easy for it to happen.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 01:42:51 am »
Oh no!!!  I really hope they track down your package!  I have one that I am waiting on from UPS as well.  When I tracked it online, it said that tomorrow is the "rescheduled delivery date".  Lovely.  It was supposed to be here the 21st. 
"

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 07:14:40 am »
The biggest issue is that it was delivered...SO MEWHERE.  Ugh!

Luckily my son is 14yrs old and he will understand but unfortunately also be disappointed. 

I am hoping to resolve this quickly this morning. 
Maybe there will be a Festivus miracle!  ;)

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 10:09:18 am »
I'm so sorry Wendy. Hopefully you'll get it soon. I can't stand it when kids are unhappy. Keep us posted.

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 10:26:57 am »
Hey my3dogs!

Well, lemme tell yeah, we are INSANE this time of year! Yes, I'm a UPS employee. I'm sure that there was just a small mistake. Drivers are absolutely exhausted this time of year, working 15 hour days in the cold, running until their legs fall off and not being able to eat regularly. They get a little stupid.

So, don't worry. Like Tina said, they DO deliver on Christmas Eve. They go until its all delivered. And, if something truly bad happened to the package and it needs to be repurchased, UPS will DEFINITELY repurchase it for you. They do that readily and without complaint.

I'm sorry this happened to you, I know how much it sucks when you're waiting for something and it doesn't come. But, try and remember that the UPS drivers are working on empty tanks this week. They are leaving before their families get up and getting home after they go to bed. They're doing their best, I promise!

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 10:34:10 am »
Hi Wendy,

I hope they get your package to you soon!!

I just want to stick up for UPS. At this time of year their volume of shipments goes up 100% that is a huge increase. I find it amasing that there are not more problems at this time of year for them.

Wendy as you stated both times you called you got a human being with a tolerable wait on the phone and a pleasant  representative . Imagine what working in that call center must be like in the WEEK BEFORE Christmas.

I know that doesn't put the gift in your son's hand but cut UPS some slack, they really do a fantastic Job 99% of the time.

Now a little note to the store might be in order, they should know no PO Boxes, especially if you sent them that information.

Happy Holidays to all and I hope all your packages get to you soon!!

Rich

Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 10:37:20 am »
I find that a nice Christmas gift works great for my UPS driver all year long.  He even takes 5 min. to visit with Dixie and Sugar Bear everyday when he picks up. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 10:43:53 am »
Maybe next time you should try usps ;D I work for them.But ups is usually good.Maybe it took a while for the store to ship it.I hate that!Im sure you"ll get it.Dont let it ruin your xmas.Remember what xmas is all about. ;D

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 10:47:03 am »
I know how frustrating that can be - a few years ago my sister-in-law sent me a gift box from hickory farms (food).  the post office put it in a side door we NEVER open it is actually blocked.  about 3 months later my sister-in-law asks how come we never acknowledged the gift I told her we didn't receive any gift she checks with the company apparently it has been delivered months ago.....we move 1 1/2 years later there is the package!!! 

My hubby also works for UPS and i had to TELL him to come last night and see the kids he hasn't been home before 10:20 PM this week the kids seriously hadn't seen him since Sunday night.

We all have horror stories about all delivery companies but I truly hope your gift gets there and your child adores it!!!!!

Offline Perdi's Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 10:55:24 am »
I love my UPS man, but his job stinks!  I wouldn't want it.  He runs all day and night and ya'll are right, he hasn't seen his kids at all these past 2 weeks.  I heard him fussing about it the other day to a firend out by my driveway....I do hope your package gets to you soon.  I know that it's frustrating when you don't get something you've been waiting on...especiall y if your like me and I order almost everything online.  I hate going into Baton Rouge....it's a nightmare and it's totally worth it to me to pay shipping on stuff.
Our pets love us no matter what....can't say the same for humans....

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 11:53:49 am »
Well....talked to UPS again this morning.  Again....a pleasant representive.  She suggested I get in touch with the people who sent the package.   When I explained that I'd called UPS 2 days ago to correct the address from a pobox to my home address she continued to listen.   I asked if it would be possible to call the local distribution hub.  She said, "no." but she still listened.    I explained that normally I would comb the neighborhood but currently that isn't possible because I can't drive (seizures).  She was very understanding and decided to send an email to the hub location explaining the situation and asking them to call me.   She said she couldn't guarantee anything but it was worth a try.   I appreciate that.   
I got a call from the hub location about an hour later.  The representative there told me that the package was delivered yesterday and the driver put it in the garage behind some stuff because the garage door was open.    Good information but it wasn't my garage.   She proceeded to tell me the location of the house.   Not my house.  She asked if my house has a number on it.   Yep....big black number on the white trim outside of my garage....that always has the door shut.  She seemed a bit cranky but I choose to believe it was directed at the driver and not me. 
I explained that I cannot drive to that house and collect my package.   She said the driver will correct his mistake.   

Believe me....I appreciate the deliveries that do get here on time.  I've had things delivered successfully by USPS, fedex, and yes, UPS.     
I know that this is a rough time of year for anyone working serving the public.  My husband works in retail loss prevention.   He is working a ton of hours because many people would rather steal their xmas gifts than buy them.  This afternoon he has to interrogate an employee.  He was supposed to have today off. 
Unfortunately he is salary so no overtime.  >:(

Best holiday wishes to you all...and mostly....THAN K YOU FOR LETTING ME VENT!!!  ;D

-Wendy

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 06:38:13 pm »
Yea!   UPS guy found the package in the garage that he had left it in.
He dropped it off a few minutes ago and apologized for the delay.
HURRAH!!!!

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Re: What can BROWN do for me? Evidently NOTHING! - UPDATE: DELIVERED!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 07:13:57 pm »
Hi,

Wa Hooo for you and your son!! Nice to see some real customer service that worked out for all in the end!!

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

MommyOfSchnauzers

Re: What can BROWN do for me? Evidently NOTHING! - UPDATE: DELIVERED!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 12:30:03 am »
I'm so glad that you got your package!!!!  Mine was delivered this evening as well.  YAY