Author Topic: We are getting a fence today...  (Read 1855 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
We are getting a fence today...
« on: December 29, 2005, 11:59:51 am »
The fence guys finally finished the one job ahead of me and showed up at 7:30 this morning.  The head guy was a tad cranky because he stepped in poop.  I spent an hour outside picking up poop, give me a break there has been snow on the ground.  The neighbor talked to the fence guys and told them to just tie into his fence which is great that saves me money.  Now the guys are grooving outside digging holes.  Maia barks at them out the back door every once in a while just to warn them not to get too close to the house. 

I am so excited it is going to be a wood privacy fence 5 ft tall.  No more going out to untangle the dogs.  No more ransacking the house 5 times a day because there is no where else to run.  Maia will be able to build her confidence by safely exploring the yard.  It is going to be great.  We went from having 3/4 acre fenced in October, to an apartment, to the house and now we have a fence again.  The yard is a lot smaller but at this point i don't care. :)
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: We are getting a fence today...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 12:36:57 pm »
I'm so happy for you! One of the first things I wanted done when we were building our house was to get the entire back yard fenced w/ privacy fence! I'm so glad we did.  Our dobes can just run out the back door and do their thing, or play(in the mud this time of year!) and come back to the back steps and "wuff!" when they want back in. It's great.  And my backyard beighbors dont even have to see all the huge piles of crap they leave!
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:17:01 pm »
How exciting! I wish we could fence in our backyard for Zoey to play in, but we can't afford it right now, so instead she gets plenty of walks and visits to friends with fenced yards.
RIP former BPO

cricket36580

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 02:53:02 pm »
Yea for you!!!  I know it was such a relief when I got mine back up after the hurricane took it out.  you'll have to post soom pics when it's finished.  Is it solid or baffle?

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 04:21:09 pm »
Now it is sleeting, all the holes are dug and the posts are sitting in them.  More obstacles for the dogs to tangle on when I put them out to go potty. 

The boards will only be on one side and will have half an inch gap between each board with dogeared top.  I'll take pictures when (if) they finish on Monday.  The guy said he would try to get some of the guys out tomorrow to cement the posts so they can nail up the boards on Monday.  But then again, I was told there was one job in front of me for a month now. 
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 07:24:15 pm »
Trust me, it will be worth the wait!
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 08:39:09 pm »
The head guy was a tad cranky because he stepped in poop. 

Hehehehhehe... ..
Funny thing about delivery guys/roofers/landscapers/etc.....they always get cranky about poop.   Makes me laugh.......un less it's on MY shoe!  :-\

Being able to open the door and just say, "GO!" is terrific when things get too hectic indoors.

-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179