Author Topic: Dream Job?  (Read 6533 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Dream Job?
« on: January 03, 2006, 06:29:08 pm »
I was talking with my friends about jobs we want to do and I was wondering if you were able to do anything in the world what would you do?

My list of jobs are model/actress, dog groomer, dog trainer, handler, Orca or Dolphin trainer, Zookeep for large cats, or open a doggie day care and/or animal rescue.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Blair

Re: Dream Job?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 06:53:17 pm »
 I would love to become a Dog Trainer not just a Petsmart trainer, but a higher level dog trainer, if you know what I mean LOL

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 06:58:24 pm »
I would love to be able to turn my singing "hobby" into a career, but I just can't do that to my family. le sigh!

History or Theology would be fun to teach, but with the way Public School is heading (even the higher forms) I'll stick to my plain old mind-numbing Accounting. Damn good money, can dazzle the clients by burying them in circular logic, and I can be home with my kids every night.

Guess I'll just have to dream about being the next Reba McEntire....
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

angelsmama

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 07:59:49 pm »
vet! :( but ive got a screw in my leftshoulder that keeps me from doing much with it so i cant do that :( zookeeper i like that idea :D or herpetology (reptile vet ;D)

GR8DAME

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 08:05:47 pm »
I really do regret going to nursing school rather than vets school. I do after all like most animals better than people...
Stella

angelsmama

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 08:21:36 pm »
i have trouble lifting full 20oz bottles in my left arm let alone a dog so im about to start a home course in web design ;D

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 11:49:13 pm »
Good question i have been toying with this for a while now. I am a nanny right now and i don't know what to. I also have culinary degree. So i have signed up for classes to do post secondary teaching, culinary arts. Maybe a teacher at a college or vocational school. BUt how do I know that I should not go to nanny school and become certified and be a nanny for a rich family somewhere?!?!?! How do i know i made the right choice?
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 02:12:23 am »
My dream job I actually did for two summers in college.  I would love to be a zookeeper.  It was the best job ever, although alot of work.  Unfortunately, b/c of back problems I don't think I could continue that line of work.  Most requre you be able to lift at least 70lbs.

But otherwise, I wouldn't mind being an actress or famous author.  (yeah right, like that would ever happen).  I always thought it would be neat to be a host on one of those nature shows.  There used to be a zoo show on tv where this lady went to all different zoos around the world and interviewed zookeepers and talked about the animals.  That would rock!  Anything animal related basically.  I wouldn't mind training animals for movies, that would be cool (I've already worked with a wide variety of species).  But I also wouldn't mind being a veterinarian.. .............o ne for a zoo, of course.   ;)  or a regular one.  Too bad my brain is not big enough.   :-\

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 11:05:34 am »
My dream job is to own and run a holistic kennel. And maybe have a small shop with natural remedies for dogs, and offer massage and reiki for animals. :)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 12:08:42 pm »
Maybe your show could be about travel with a fur-baby.  I would watch. ;)

It's so funny that you say that  'cause Johann and I had talked about the same thing YEARS ago when Oasis was much younger. We wanted to call it H2 and O 'cause his nickname is Hansi, my maiden name was Hieb and O for Oasis of course.

Now, we could still do Rocko on the Road, the television series instead of just the dog blog (http://rocko_otr.tripod.com)
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 01:38:21 pm »
a long response...

Had to jump in on this conversation since I am in the process of beginning a new job.  Havent actually begun yet, still considering a couple of options but job changes always make you look at your life-what could I have done differently?  why am I in the place I am in right now?  How could I make a difference in my life?  What does the future hold if I go down path A or path B?  Alot if things to consider.  Sometimes I feel like a BIG fish in a small pond but more closely to the truth, probably look like a small fish in a big pond, simply by the choices I have made that have brought me to this point.  I think we all have regrets and I know that I wish I had the wisdom and knowledge I have now back when I was younger and making certain decisions that have formed who I am today.  Hindsight's 20/20 and the older I get the more that rings true. I have been a dog groomer, which is what I am leaving now.  Maybe under different circumstances it would have been a better career.  I sorta fell into it without really wanting to but learned to love it, at least certain aspects of it.  I will take it with me thruout the rest of my life, knowing that I always have that as a back up, but realizing that it has not fulfilled my classification as a "dream job".  It has its moments of victory and l am thankful I got to experience it for the most part. 

I can say that neccessity has dictated my job choices.  I have had to take "less than dreamy" jobs in order to survive.  Back when you are a teenager, at least in my case, I certainly did not have the likes and dislikes that I do now.  So things I studied in school and college are not useful to me at this point in my life.  My DREAM jobs, given that I would become educated enough to succeed at them would be-Marine Biologist, Forensic Investigator or Scientist, Archeologist, Zoologist, Novelist, basically any of the "ologists" having to do with science, and of course I have to throw in there a model (if I had the body and looks) or actress (if I were talented and had the courage). 

I also too have thought how wonderful would it be to not NEED the money but instead have all the money to open a zoo and do it properly or a facility like Seaworld (aquarium) and actually just do that as my hobby :)
Shellie~
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 08:38:48 pm by hugo~monster »
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 02:52:39 pm »
My Dream job would be a conceptual artist for LucasFilm Ltd. or ILM or LucasArts or Pixar.  It is nearly impossible to get even a janitor job at any of those companies.  I did a delivery to Skywalker Ranch this morning and I was dying....  :(  I wouldn't mind being a professional skiier, except I'm too old to start and my knees are already getting bad.  Another dream of mine would be to own an exclusive Night Club that has different theme rooms.  That would be stressful but really rewarding in the end.  And I must say, a few of you previously mentioned that a Travel/Vacation Critic job would be nice and I agree.  Getting paid to travel all over the world and stay at luxury resorts would be a dream.  On a smaller scale, a restaurant/food critic and a video game tester would be fun jobs too.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 02:53:56 pm »
Go for it girl!

Maybe your show could be about travel with a fur-baby.  I would watch. ;)

It's so funny that you say that  'cause Johann and I had talked about the same thing YEARS ago when Oasis was much younger. We wanted to call it H2 and O 'cause his nickname is Hansi, my maiden name was Hieb and O for Oasis of course.

Now, we could still do Rocko on the Road, the television series instead of just the dog blog (http://rocko_otr.tripod.com)
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 08:24:45 pm »
Us old and wrinkly folk are just retiring from 30years in law enforcement and computers, I'm trying to come up with a dream job now and I've decided they're all very tying hence my plans are to sell on the internet and devote my life to my Wife and Newfoundlands. (Lizzie would say I have put those the wrong way round).

So if anyone knows of a cheap house with lots of land and water.....

Andy Bell and Hovis

Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 09:40:16 pm »
Andy I'm totally with you...a house in the forest with a river/lake close by and tons of Newfies...what could be better?!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.