Author Topic: Back from vacation - Pics  (Read 3048 times)

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Back from vacation - Pics
« on: January 10, 2006, 12:07:19 pm »
Hey everyone.  I'm back from vacation.  We spent a week in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  It was wonderful!!   All we did was lay on the beach and relax.  Now I just have to get back into the groove of being at work :( 

Here's some pictures.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Anakalia

Re: Back from vacation - Pics
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 12:23:18 pm »
AWESOME!!!  I know how it feels coming home and trying to get back into the routine!!  I came home from Mexico last year going from 80 degree weather back to 20 degree weather and snow.  I dove into an instant deep depression! lol  That was such a beautiful place you went to LOVE the ocean pics.  OH gosh I need another super cool vacation....I miss it!  Thanks for sharing the pics I'm glad you had a great time!! ;D

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 12:44:28 pm »
I just can't stop looking at the pics, they're amazing and I'm super jealous now!  I've decided I want to go there!! I have three questions for you:

Do they have beggars on the beach or is it private?
Are the alcoholic drinks good there? 
Is there any kind of chicken or salad on the menu's?

We need to get you into the hotseat!! hahahaha  ;D

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 12:56:26 pm »
I just can't stop looking at the pics, they're amazing and I'm super jealous now!  I've decided I want to go there!! I have three questions for you:

Do they have beggars on the beach or is it private?
Are the alcoholic drinks good there? 
Is there any kind of chicken or salad on the menu's?

We need to get you into the hotseat!! hahahaha  ;D

LOL.  The beach is private (which was awesome!) it is a compound of 5 resorts owned by RIU.  The one we stayed at is called RIU Palace.  We booked the vacation through Apple Vacations which has some pretty good deals. 

The resort is All-Inclusive so I wasen't expecting the drinks to be good (I figured they would water them down)  but boy was I wrong!!  The drinks were fabulous. I'll post a pic of our mini bar in our room   ;D

They have 3 resturants and 1 buffet.  There was always some kind of chicken or beef on the menu.  Also the buffet had lots of different pastas, pizza, and even french fries so they food choices were good.

Also you should search for posts that  Dahlie made.  She also went to punta cana a month or so ago.  She answered some of my questions before I went in a post and posted some pictures.

pic 1 - the mini bar in our room! They also can restock it with whatever liquers you want
pic 2 - the outside bar
pic 3 - more water   :D
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 01:30:47 pm »
Wow!  Good choice of vacation spots! 

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 01:43:53 pm »
That looks wonderful.....

Maybe if we all chant together someone will get the hint.....

MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!! MORE PICTURES!!

"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 01:53:01 pm »
Wow Great vacation. :o :o

dohertyswissy

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 02:41:31 pm »
OMG!!!  That looks BEAUTIFUL!!  I'm in DESPERATE need of a vacation.  I'm so burnt out and on the verge of meltdown here.  At least I'm jaunting off to Florida for a couple days at the end of the month...but the Dominican Republic looks WAY better!!

MORE PICTURES!!!  ;)

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 02:42:45 pm »
hehehe  more pictures?  no problem!  I've got lots  :)

I can not wait to go back!  I think we'll definitely do this trip again.

pic 1 - a wrecked boat...  I don't know why they just left it there... maybe as a tourist photo op  :)
pic 2 - off of our balcony
pic 3 - the water
pic 4 - the pool
pic 5 - me and Nick with my in-laws who came with us,  sorry pic is a little blurry
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 03:26:38 pm »
It looks like you had an awesome vacation!!!  I'm green with envy here!  Hubby and I are trying to plan our anniversary trip for March.  I am so in the mood for an exotic locale!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 04:00:51 pm »
I'm so jealous! Here I am freezing and you're nice and warm and tan. Glad you had a great vacation! Those pictures are gorgeous!