Author Topic: Need feedback for our new website  (Read 8103 times)

will

Need feedback for our new website
« on: January 31, 2006, 11:21:33 pm »
howdy all,
doghealer and i have been working extremely hard on our new business/website for the past few months (her portraits and my elevated feeders). 8)  we are about to start advertising and before we direct the masses to our website we want to get some feedback.   ;)
we want to make sure that everything makes sense and that it is easy to navigate.
if you guys see something that doesn't work or doesn't make sense please let us know.

http://www.greenpawsinn.com

advice, critique and recommendation s all welcome!   :-*

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Need feedback for our new website
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 12:48:40 am »
Hey! I love the site, how about a guestbook?
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 01:47:15 am »
OUTRAGEUS!
SHAME ON YOU!
Big Paws Only IS NOT on your links page!

No one else comment until they fix that probelm!!!!  ;D

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 10:18:25 am »
You don't have a price for your leash racks on the ordering page but other then that looks good.    Oh and put BPO on you links page!  ;)
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

cricket36580

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 10:50:57 am »
I refuse to enable someone who forgets BPO...   ;D  (it really does look good though...shhh. ..I didn't say that)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 11:03:25 am »
OUTRAGEUS!
SHAME ON YOU!
Big Paws Only IS NOT on your links page!

OH MY HEAVENS!!!! :o I blame Will!!! I will reprimand him immediately! The nerve of him... sometimes I just don't know what to do with that man... ;)
Ok. Will be fixed ASAP.
My most sincere apologies!

(And great idea on the guest book, HairPrincess!)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 11:25:35 am »
It would be nice if you  put an image of the item on the "add to cart" page.  I have e-stores so I know that it can be very hard to do with some carts. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

will

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 12:23:33 pm »
 :o oh my lord!  :-[ :-[ :-[
bpo link.  i must have had too many whiskeys last night.  you know when you work so hard on something and you forget something obvious.  well there you go!
just fixed it!

guestbook-yes!  great idea!

prices for leash racks -doh!  consider it done.

"It would be nice if you put an image of the item on the "add to cart" page."
oh man that would be awesome.  i'll have to research how to do that...

thank you guys sooooo much - keep 'em coming!

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 12:38:23 pm »
 ;D Ok I have no idea if this can even be done, but I think it would be cool to have a little background info on all your pets, when you click on their picture. This way, people could see what amazing people you both are, and see that you have rescued many animals, and they now are living wonderful lives with you both! Just a suggestion, but it may encourage people to buy seeing that their money would go to literally feeing and caring for these animals you have rescued.
Not that I am partial to Turkey or anything, (  ;) ) but I think a story about how you rescued her and ended up keeping her might bring a few tears to someone's eyes! As well as little stories about your other rescues, of course  :D

cricket36580

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 12:46:15 pm »
Baloo's story!!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 08:47:41 pm »
Oooohh... great idea to put everybody's rescue story. Because every single animal we have was in some way rescued.  :) Maybe we can put some kind of guestbook of happy rescue stories? I would like to expand the rescue section somehow so that might be nice...  :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think Will is sick of hearing my feedback so it's good for him to hear stuff from other people!! ;)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 09:55:46 pm »
I really like the design, but my problem with it is that is doesn't fill up the whole screen  ??? The graphic is so awesome, but it looks really weird to me how it is a box in the corner and the rest of the screen is black. And it looks particularly weird on some pages where the content spills over onto the black like on the links page. I don't know if it looks the same on my computer as yours so I am attaching a screenshot.

Also, the ordering page seems out of place to me because it is in a totally different color scheme than the rest of the site. I wish it was the same color scheme, and also that all the text fit all the way into the boxes (it doesn't at least on my screen).
RIP former BPO

Offline jupiterjenny

• Ankle Biter
  • Daisy Mae
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 10:00:14 pm »
ummm navigating the site got a little weird when i was looking at the portraits- i couldn't get back to the home page( the green paws one) - oh and i would 'watermark' the artwork- something that covers part of the image- to keep people from saving it to their desktops then printing it without permission. (but i'm weird about my artwork!) ;D
Check out my art work!
www.jupiterjen ny.deviantart. com

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 10:03:54 pm »
Thank you for pointing that out Shangrila. I guess it only looks "normal" if the window on your computer is small. (I am computer illiterate so forgive me if my computer-speak is all wrong).
I hate that the links spill over into the blackness too. :( Unfortunately I don't know how to fix that... I hope Will does! I'll tell him to read all of this when he comes home.

This is exactly the kind of stuff we need to hear!
THANK YOU.
 :)

(edited to add)
JupiterJenny- GOOD IDEA on the watermark. I have been meaning to do that for a long time. I am taking many notes here, I really cannot thank you guys enough...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 10:06:29 pm by doghealer »

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 10:13:24 pm »
Ok just one more suggestion! Maybe make it possible to pay for Rebekkah's paintings at  the same time if ordering another item. Does that make sense? I mean, if I want a leash rack and a painting of my dog, it would be nice to pay for them both at the same time, on the same page! I think all the suggestions are great, and a paw print design would be a GREAT idea!!! Maybe a bone design too? Just plain dog bones/treats. I think that might be a cute design! Hmmm, maybe a No Cats Allowed logo too? Or, maybe offer the option of personalizing them. There are some similar designs sold on the web, but not that many can be personalized. I might also think of offering a plain design with just the personalized name, for a "classy look" if that makes any sense! Lol, ok I will shut up now, I promise. I just want you guys to do well with this and am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!