Author Topic: My brother's new friend!  (Read 2800 times)

lins_saving_grace

My brother's new friend!
« on: February 07, 2006, 10:14:15 am »
1.) Not in a million years would you catch me alive here.
2.) this is my brother ... the adventurer.
3.) Notice over his right shoulder (left as you look at the picture).

I'm crawling in my skin.

Nicole

Re: My brother's new friend!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 01:30:43 pm »
COOL PIC! Where's that at? I actually have some sort of um...obsession with gators. For real. (And not the kind that play basketball, Holly!) When I was in New Orleans, I looked EVERYWHERE for them, and when I lived in Florida, it was like, a freakin' hobby.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 01:33:43 pm »
COOL PIC! Where's that at? I actually have some sort of um...obsession with gators. For real. (And not the kind that play basketball, Holly!) When I was in New Orleans, I looked EVERYWHERE for them, and when I lived in Florida, it was like, a freakin' hobby.
Somewhere in the Bayou City of Houston, TX.
here's the link he sent me with the email.
www.bbspvo.org

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
I'm with Tina on this one... I would definitely not be sitting there smiling!  Gives me the heeby jeebies!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 01:40:26 pm »
OMG.   I thought that was a log.

I certainly would not be smiling.

Tina

It does look like a big log.  But nnnnnoooooohhh h.  It be a big scarey alligator.  My brother is a nut.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 03:33:44 pm »
How cool is that!!  Although that is about as close as I would want to get to a monster like that.

When I worked at the zoo back home, one of my areas was the alligators.  Of course we only had little ones, and they wanted to keep it that way.  They were only about 4-5 feet at the time.  You had to watch your back when mowing or weedwacking.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 10:28:03 pm »
That's a great pic.  I'm a bit prejudiced though.  I am training our Chinese Alligator and Broad-nosed Caiman at work.  They aren't as big as that guy but still awesome.  Of course I also work in our venomous exhibit so I could be a bit insane.  Brazos Bend State Park is a nice place.  Michael and I camped out at Caddo Lake and we got to listen to the alligator's bellow.  It was great.

Kat 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

cricket36580

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 12:46:03 am »
Well, I probably wouldn't have been sitting there...I'd be over trying to pet the gator.  I go hunting for them in the bayous in the summer.  You know, stake out the slides and hunt for nests and stuff.  I love em.  There's a gator farm not a mile from my house and I think it's fabulous!

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 10:25:55 am »
That is neat! I have a cousin like that ...the more danger involved the more fun it is. ::)