Author Topic: Cowboy is such a good big brother!  (Read 5753 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Cowboy is such a good big brother!
« on: March 22, 2006, 09:26:59 am »
Chester just wanted Cowboy to comfort him last night...and that just what he did!  Cowboy is such a good boy!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cowboy is such a good big brother!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 09:36:08 am »
Chester just wanted Cowboy to comfort him last night...and that just what he did!  Cowboy is such a good boy!

Awwwwwww! Good boy Cowboy!!!

Man, I really need another Newf ;)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 09:37:28 am »
Boy, do you ever!!  Nothing like it!!! ;)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 09:38:36 am »
Boy, do you ever!!  Nothing like it!!! ;)

You're a bad influence ;)
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 09:39:09 am »
Awww, how sweet!  Cowboy is such a darling! :)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 09:39:18 am »
Yeeeeaaaaaaaa - I was so hoping you would post a pic of Cowboy comforting Chester! What a sweet big brother! I just love your handsome boys!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 09:39:46 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 09:43:35 am »
You're a bad influence Wink

....and proud of it!!!  We had the dogs at our local farmer's market last weekend and a man walked up to dh and I and was commenting on the dogs.  He made me laugh when he said, "I've never seen anybody with just one Newf.  Do they only come in mulitples?"   ;)

Or as Queen Elizabeth told Prince Phillip when he complained about all the Corgies.  "but they are just so collectable!" :D

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 09:45:45 am »
You're a bad influence Wink

....and proud of it!!!  We had the dogs at our local farmer's market last weekend and a man walked up to dh and I and was commenting on the dogs.  He made me laugh when he said, "I've never seen anybody with just one Newf.  Do they only come in mulitples?"   ;)

Or as Queen Elizabeth told Prince Phillip when he complained about all the Corgies.  "but they are just so collectable!" :D

LOL, I have to say, after seeing all the handsome boys on here and after watching Sadie chase the boys around at the meet up here in MA, I've been thinking a lot about how much Sadie would love a little brother.

I think I'm gonna wait until I am fairly positive that she has stopped peeing on the rugs though ;)
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 09:50:51 am »
Might be a good idea to wait for that magic moment...it saves marriages that way!  In all honesty, we had a year between our first two and it was GREAT!  Otis could help train Lucille and he was young enough to handle her feisty puppy antics!  Cowboy and Chester are two years apart which is fine too....but it's just a long time to wait for another puppy!! ;) ;) ;)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 10:02:14 am »
Might be a good idea to wait for that magic moment...it saves marriages that way!  In all honesty, we had a year between our first two and it was GREAT!  Otis could help train Lucille and he was young enough to handle her feisty puppy antics!  Cowboy and Chester are two years apart which is fine too....but it's just a long time to wait for another puppy!! ;) ;) ;)

LOL, no marriage to save (or worry about) here. It's just me and the kiddos. Which my mother thinks will prevent me from ever getting married. "You are already the crazy cat lady - now you add a dog! What man wants to deal with that?" I think if I added another dog right now, it might just push her over the edge. I'd never marry a man who didn't love Newfies anyway, so the way I figure it, it saves time weeding out the ones I'd have to dump anyway once they reveal they don't like animals. Twisted logic? Perhaps ;)

Yeah, I think I'd like to add another Newf in a year or so. It's just that everytime I see the pictures of your two boys I feel this impulsive urge to start calling breeders  :D
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 10:05:07 am »
I have to agree...love me, love my 300 pounds of dog!! ;)

HOWEVER, my sons regularly 'borrow' the Newfs to cruise the beach in the summer.  They are what the boys call "Chick Magnets".  ;D  The pups are MORE than happy to oblige!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 10:10:52 am »
I have to agree...love me, love my 300 pounds of dog!! ;)

HOWEVER, my sons regularly 'borrow' the Newfs to cruise the beach in the summer.  They are what the boys call "Chick Magnets".  ;D  The pups are MORE than happy to oblige!

See! Now why can't my Mom see the light? And I totally agree with your sons. I can't keep my hands off a Newf! She fails to see that Sadie loves me way more than any of the low-life bums I've dated ever did! And she lets me have the remote (sometimes :D)
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Sami142

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 11:38:52 am »
That is the sweetest thing I've ever seen!  I have to agree w/Mom2Sadie.... perhaps a Newfie little brother for Jinx may be in order!  Although Rookie is a good little brother too!  :)
Sami, Jinx, and Rookie

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 12:20:40 pm »
I'd never marry a man who didn't love Newfies anyway, so the way I figure it, it saves time weeding out the ones I'd have to dump anyway once they reveal they don't like animals. Twisted logic? Perhaps ;)

Sounds PERFECTLY logical to me!  If they don't love dogs, what kind of man are they????

Cowboy is SO SWEET!  He's definitely on my kidnap list!  Poor Chester!  He's so lucky to have such a sweet brother!  Is he feeling any better yet? 
Daphne

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 01:02:22 pm »
I'd never marry a man who didn't love Newfies anyway, so the way I figure it, it saves time weeding out the ones I'd have to dump anyway once they reveal they don't like animals. Twisted logic? Perhaps ;)

I plan on using Kali to test any boyfriends...i t's love me, love my dogs, or don't let the bog bite you on the butt on the way out the door ;D. Dogs are the best measure of a person.

And Chester and Cowboy are sooo cute together.  Kali says you need a black to complete the bear rug.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties